Indroduction of a Misanthrope

StoneBasilisk

Greetings, RPNation. I'm StoneBasilisk, a rather dull roleplayer desperately searching for a purpose in life.

I come from a little-known backwater called the Cortex Roleplaying Engine - a mod/custom gamemode for the popular PC game Starcraft II that presents the Roleplaying genre in a flexible visual format. Due to intense dissatisfaction with the playerbase (It's a long and fairly melodramatic story, I'll bore you about it later), I decided to look for greener pastures elsewhere and finally try my hand at the 'classical' style of forum roleplaying.

Frankly, it's been a bit hard to get started. In many sites, I've gotten cold feet (RPDom), been bewildered by customized systems (RoleplayGateway) or simply found a lack of people to play with (WTFRPG). Not to mention I'm inexperienced with the forum style in the first place, and thus surrounded by people who take it all for granted.

I'm here to see what this community has to offer a cautious wanderer like me. Maybe this is the place I'll finally make a home, or maybe I'll simply vanish yet again.

First of all, welcome to the RpNation StoneBasilisk!

Just wanted to thank you for posting an introduction. If you have any questions such as creating a role play, updating your avatar, earning achievements, etc.. please visit the following link:

http://www.rpnation.com/showthread.php/696-Welcome-to-the-RpNation!

Now if you have any more questions, please don't be afraid to reach out to one of our staff members!

Your new friend

~Gg

Hey Basilisk!

First of all, I've gotta say I love your name!

Second, welcome to forum roleplaying! I've been doing this for years, and I like to think that I've become rather proficient in navigating, formatting posts, and other such things in forum roleplays. If you have any questions, let me know and I'd love to help if I can!

Third, roleplays are often hard to get started, and even harder to continue, but in my short time here so far, this player base seems pretty good. Also, they've got great ways to find others with the same interests as you. The "Role Play Ideas" and "Role Play Recruitment" sub-forums are where you can find what other people want to play, or post your own ideas and see if anyone likes them. So don't be shy - try it out! The worst that can happen is one story falls through, and then you just turn around and try another! That's one of my favorite parts of roleplaying, honestly, is that it's pretty easy to brush it off and get back up again if you ever fall! :D

Wishing you the best of luck!

-Captain Caramel

Users who are viewing this thread

Back