• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fandom In Time

Mitheral

"Growf!"
Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)
Live Forever, or Die Trying

Trailer

In 2169, people are genetically engineered to stop aging on their 25th birthdays. At the age of 25, the clock begins counting down with one free year to live. When it reaches zero, that person dies. Time has been turned into the universal currency, giving time for products or services just by body contact, as well as transferring it to others. A person can no longer die of old age and can only die by "timing out" (running out of time), having one's clock "cleaned" (murder by someone taking all their time), or simply by being reckless now that age is not a factor in that reason (e.g. getting shot, overdosing, etc.). The country is divided into time zones, based on the wealth of its population; the film focuses on two time zones. Dayton, a ghetto zone whose inhabitants barely have a day if they don't work in the local factory, is one of the poorest with people being indifferent to the timed-out bodies seen on the streets. The other zone is New Greenwich, the wealthiest zone where the wealthy enjoy the benefits of their immortality and wealth, but are constantly surrounded by bodyguards and are very conscious about their actions to prevent non-age-related deaths.

"For few to be immortal, many must die".

Characters
Original characters. I plan to run a male character. I have a partner who is planning to run a female character. We have roleplayed together so long that we know each other’s words before we even speak or write. So we are hoping to find either two writing partners or or someone who can double.

Note: No Clock tattoos were in existence prior to 2028. I did a little math and studied the movie. The exact date was slightly arbitrary, but that is what I am going to use if anyone asks about very old people from New Greenwich.

Setting and Technology
In the movie they showed lots of toll booths to enter or leave a Time Zone. The map they showed the Timekeepers using was Los Angeles. But in about a century and a half, things have clearly changed.

It is very possible that there are many New Greenwiches. Oddly, they never showed an aircraft. It is very likely that fossil fuels are no longer in use. But technically if one is rich enough they could drive from New Greenwich (LA) to a similar NYC location.

Technology did not seem any more advanced than perhaps the near future. This suggests a partial collapse of civilization at least.

Prices:
In the movie they showed prices for coffee, tea, and energy drinks at a meal truck (about 4:25 into the movie). Coffee was 3m (minutes) and it jumped to 4mjust before the guy got in line. At that rate you could compare 1$ to 2m. $30 would be an hour.

Most people in Dayton never had more than a day on their Clock. If you wanted to live working 8 hours per day 7 days a week, you would have to get paid 3h per hour. Add to that enough for food, rent, and if you have a kid … How’s that for dystopia?

Posting
3rd Person Past Tense
Decent literacy
I typically manage about a page per post.

Feel free to do away with the formatting and use a spoiler.
Also, the info listed are not set in stone. I am basically looking for people to have a good mental picture of your character.

Last edited:
I actually really loved the premise behind this movie, but was sad about how poorly executed it was :(

Yeah, they ignored reality basically. It was you basic Bonnie and Clyde story, minus the bullet riddled ending.

I DO plan to introduce an element of historical fiction to the story, like how things got started.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back