Advice/Help In Search of Open World RP

Irihi

Evildoer
Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)
Hello!

Does anyone still remembers the open-world freeform collaborative-writing roleplay forums of the old MysteryandMagic site? Threads on these old discord boards used to have persistent intro posts (setting the scene) as well as links to other threads (regions or sub-regions) that allowed for free movement of players from one spot to another. There were even options to build your own area or modify existing places with additional descriptions, pictures, etc.

I'm looking for something similar. RP nation looks like lots of fun, but the 1x1 and even group RPs seem so stovepiped and limited compared to moving characters around the "open worlds" of old Worlde Arcane and The Lattice.

Does any fantasy, sci-fi, or other open world RP like this exist anywhere? If so, could a helpful person point me toward any or all of them?

(Hopeful) Thanks in advance!

Edit: Forgot to mention RPGateway, the recently-defunct host of the multiverse (metaverse). This was the most recent iteration of open-world text based RPG I could find, but it seems to have expired in the past year. 😢

Last edited:
If you scroll down to nearly the bottom of the site's home page, you should see a category called Hosted Projects. That's probably close to what you'd want. Of the currently hosted projects, Isekai Hell is probably the most active.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back