In search of greener pastures.

Daniel S Mueller

I was thinking of choosing Highly experienced roleplayer at first, but pre-analysis of the folks here seems to be quite up to snuff. As I've been out of the saddle, but have roughly 8 solid years of Roleplay under my belt. Though no matter what mindset or environment you assert yourself in, there is an abundance to learn.

I discovered roleplay when I was around 10 years old, browsing battle.net on Starcraft. These were some of the most exciting experiences in my life. I stumbled on it as joe noob, getting smacked around by some elitists, pondering hmm... This must be interesting if they are willing to give me the boot for asking the question "What is RP" once I joined my first... Ticonderoga vSummer RP.... And the intrigue sparked. I soon watched and placated myself as a roleplayer as I would learn the mechanics and real intuition it takes to fabricate an interesting enough narrative that you and your peers can keep time flowing faster than a Dwarven draft.

Of course this is all different from Forum Rp which I am not entirely experienced with at all. Because in that game and others which I played until all the roleplayers vaguely slipped away as they unsurprisingly always do. Was perfect, in SC you could control every variable of your enviorment, setup, unit selection. Whereas I was accustomed to roleplaying maybe a benign Orcish despot fulfilling what he believes is best for his clan. To a decorated boardroom veteran who had fought tooth and nail to install an ultracorporation on shaky, and often notorious foundations.

So I'm used to being able to control and sculpt my surroundings into my play. Obviously on a forum it will be more difficult to not see these actions in front of my eyes. However as the human race has proven thus far it will adapt and survive to the ever-changing circumstances of the world around us.

It seems in all my old hangouts there is almost a metaphorical "Ye Rp'ers be warned, thar be no roleplayin here" signs at the doors of every game. Likely due to general indifference and unprecedented hostility of most mainstream gamers. Which is to be expected.

I was also focused in WoW for another great portion of my life, since I was almost 13 and the game came out. Which were probably the most enjoyable 4 years of my life. It was a great part of it. The quality of role players I found and sheer volume of them was grand. But as Blizzard catered to more casual gamers and ignored the state of Roleplaying servers, things deteriorated and real life ensued, which invollved financial worries, and account/characters being hacked and gave my final adieus. The life, and lives I manifested in the virtual world we created in our heads oft had more interested in those than my very own. It was superb founding a roleplay guild to stand the test of time like I did, to encourage an atmosphere of creativity and witness others jump aboard into the ever shifting narratives. Observing many things unfolding before my own eyes that was often result of my own decisions or events I set in motion. Then seeing the rest of them take it and run with it and have their own fun. So all these years I've narrowed down the fun in RP'ing to me. And that is seeing that your decisions and choices matter. Gathering people into the fold and watching a plot grow as superfluous as the gardens of Versailles. Then figuratively court around in them and collaborate on your next political enemies demise.... And what you do... no matter how little or grandiose you make it. Has an effect on the world around you. If it can be sustained of course.

Welcome to RPNation Dan ^^

I'm sure you'll have a grand ol' time here with us; roleplaying on a forum isn't really so different from everything else. If you can't find an rp that fits your tastes in all the categories we've already got, don't be nervous to make your own, I've got a feeling you'd do a wonderful job.

Anyways, to keep it brief, I hope you enjoy your time here with us.

Welcome, Nue!

I would've greeted you yesterday but I was just exhausted... at least I said hi in chatbox! 8D

If you have any question, concerns or problems don't be afraid to bring it up with any of the staff.

We try to be friendly people...

Also, Your nickname's nue because it's in your name, not because you aree.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back