I'm kinda scared to RP

Katie Cat Wild

I don't even really know how to start this. Um, my name is Katie, I'm 19, I've only roleplayed a couple times when I was much younger. I'm scared to get started up again, because RP was always a really intimate thing to me and last time I did it, I got really hurt. I really just need some help getting back into it, because I know it's fun and I know I'll enjoy it, but I'm really anxious. I'm really shy about my roleplay and I just want to get comfortable with rping around people. I... don't know where to go from here.

:saddd:

Hi there Katie! I've been rping since I was young too, and now im 17. I had something similar happen to me so I can relate. You'll really like this site, I know I do. Feel free to start an rp (I'd join) or join someone elses. The community here is great, and if you have any questions just ask. I hope you can get back in to things! ^_^

~Saki

Well Katie, welcome to RPNation!

I'm sure you won't have a hard time getting back into the swing of things, and if you do, just ask anyone around the site, and we'll do our best to lend a helping hand.

I wish you the best of luck in your venture, hopefully this time around things will turn out better for you.

Aw! Hello there, Katie~ Do you mind if I call you Katie?

I understand completely about the whole, "RPing is intimate thing" that happens to me all the time... I really get into it and if I'm not careful I can kind of get lost in it.

First off, welcome to the forum~ ^^ Glad to have you~ I guess I better start off, with introducing myself =3. I'm Michishige Sachiko~ It's a mouthful xD Most people call me Michi, or Sacchin... Or you could come up with your own unique nickname for me, I'm completely open to anything!

I know how you feel about feeling shy and unsure of how to get into the swing of things. It was like that for me quite a number of times lol... But I'm sure you'll fit in here! If you feel like you need to get to know us better before you start RPing, just hang out in our chat box or post around the discussion threads (If any of them catch your fancy) and just talk to us~ We can be a little weird and crazy sometimes, but who isn't~?

I'd certainly love to get to know you better and hope to see you around the forum!

What the other two said basically, an idea is join some of the high school roleplays, mostly because there really isnt much story line in some and its a fun way to get your writting skills up, trust me I know xD

Contrary to Rhomboid's suggestion,I reccomend you join one of the more structured RP's,as a form of "live fire training". They provide easily referencable material for structured posts,and are generally quite fun. Might I reccomend the Consortium of Empowered Individuals in the Superhero section?

Horn successfully tooted~

*cocks brow at Roid* obviously you haven't looked upon my high school rp. But, realistic role plays are generally a good start, just to get the flow of things back. Still, you're free to pick any gender you like. ^^

[QUOTE="Michishige Sachiko]Aw! Hello there, Katie~ Do you mind if I call you Katie?
I understand completely about the whole, "RPing is intimate thing" that happens to me all the time... I really get into it and if I'm not careful I can kind of get lost in it.

First off, welcome to the forum~ ^^ Glad to have you~ I guess I better start off, with introducing myself =3. I'm Michishige Sachiko~ It's a mouthful xD Most people call me Michi, or Sacchin... Or you could come up with your own unique nickname for me, I'm completely open to anything!

I know how you feel about feeling shy and unsure of how to get into the swing of things. It was like that for me quite a number of times lol... But I'm sure you'll fit in here! If you feel like you need to get to know us better before you start RPing, just hang out in our chat box or post around the discussion threads (If any of them catch your fancy) and just talk to us~ We can be a little weird and crazy sometimes, but who isn't~?

I'd certainly love to get to know you better and hope to see you around the forum!

[/QUOTE]
Thanks Michishige! Can I call you Chishi-chan? ^_^ I like people who are weird and crazy- then I feel like I fit in. I'll try to look around the chats, thanks.

Oh sure~! You can call me that =D That's actually pretty cool! I like that nickname haha~ ^^

Trust me, things can get weird around here =P Lol~ Sorry about the chatbox... It kind of exploded and even I was having difficulty figuring out what was going on haha. It's not like that all the time, thankfully~

But like they said above, if you're ever interested in joining an RP, just look around for whatever catches your fancy =3

Users who are viewing this thread

Back