Chitchat If you were to embark on a journey to a distant planet, which fruit or vegetable would you take with you, to be able to taste it far away from earth?

GraySkyl

I personally think you'd have to go either potato for the sheer versatility (and to make Sam proud) in the vegetable department, or bananas (I struggle with the texture of many types of fruit and banana basically always works, so although it's a boring one, it would need to be my pick).

Let me know your choices and why you'd pick them. :-)

Also, a great way to spread the "are tomatoes fruit or vegetables" conflict all throughout the stars :D

chocolate

vegetable: butternut squash
fruit: probably blueberries, or apples. Specifically honey crisp or granny-smith

I have to agree with tomatoes
Not because I like tomatoes, cause I actually despise them raw
But I don't know that I can live without the s a u c e
I have the sauce and I’m saucy jeje

Vegetable: Onions. They're sooooo good for cooking.

Fruit: I want to say tomatoes, because I also love tomatoes for cooking.

And you can also make a nice a salad thing with just tomatoes and onions and a bit of salt.

Hard debate between onion and garlic. Everything is better with garlic. I'd eat garlic with anything, and this probably isn't a suicide mission, so I would most likely be around other lifeforms and plants, meaning I can season other foods with garlic. All I'd need is a crude tool or garlic crusher, and then I could make anything edible.
But onion can also be used as a seasoning or eaten on its own, however my taste buds might get bored.
So, garlic may have a slight advantage over onion, for me, because I can combine it with other food I find and use garlic to season.

... Do raisins count for fruit? I cannot stand any fruit other than raisins because of having problems with consistency and plenty of bad experiences, soooo. Yeah. Raisins.

Last edited:
Potatoes and apples. Gimme those 'Tatos mashed, fried, cooked, and in every other shape or form there is. Except potato pancakes. Those are disgusting. Same for apples. Plus, ever tried mashed potatoes with apple sauce? Sounds weird, but it's awesome!

Potatoes are a great choice for survival

I'm growing my own pumpkins because I moved to a place where shops only sell nasty tasting decorative pumpkins. Pumpkins are definitely a contender if I don't need to worry about starving.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back