I want to make non-war form-using melee Lunar.

It's not hard. Warform only gets you always-up Gift Charms, an extra few dots in Physical Attributes, and some mutations to play with. Just focus on Strength and Dexterity Charms and you'll end up with a playable character.

It's dang hard to make a useless Lunar.

In that link that was posted, is Beast Spirit Defense worth taking for a main PD? Sorry, I've only ever played Solars.

Well, it's like relying on any Perfect. Generally, you'll want access to something persistant and cheaper in the long run as well, but having that to fall back on is...nice. If you're more Dex based, Ferocious Guardian Beast Stance and its enhancement Heron Sheds Rain gets a similar effect, but lets you use it cheaper to protect others, while having the same cost to defend yourself. Really, it depends. Do you want the prerequisite charms? Do you want to have the 4 Strength? Then it's not a bad charm. If you'd rather Golden Tiger Stance than Ferocious Biting Tooth and Impressions of Strength, you're likely to be happier with the Ferocious Guardian Beast Stance and Heron Sheds Rain, found in Glories of the Most High: Luna. You want a Perfect Dodge? Then take Wary Swallow Method, Wind-Dancing Method and Flowing Body Evasion as well as Golden Tiger Stance. Sensing the Deadly Flow, also in Ink Monkeys on the same page has the same requirements as Flowing Body Evasion. Frankly, the Dexterity side allows greater depth in defenses, while giving you higher Dodge and Parry DVs than focusing on Strength, but for a Strength built character, having a Perfect Parry that doesn't require Dexterity can be...useful.

Admittedly, only suicidal characters generally allow Dexterity to be very low in Exalted anyhow...

I believe you're thinking of Kajeha Lef. I remember her from Scroll of Exalts... I don't know where else she has been mentioned.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back