• When posting, please be aware that artistic nudity is still nudity and not allowed under RpNation rules. Please edit your pictures accordingly!

Remember to credit artists when using work not your own.

Help how to fix faux bold/italics? [answered]

lisbeth

๐‘ ๐˜ฉ๐‘’'๐‘  โ € ๐™™๐™ž๐™›๐™›๐™š๐™ง๐™š๐™ฃ๐™ฉ...
hellooo! i apologise if this lacks clarity; my brain is struggling like hell to articulate this properly!

so, basically, when adding bold or italics to a code, there is fairly discernible difference between how bold or italicized words appear on my browser and how they appear on mobile. now, as my thread title implies, i'm already aware what faux bold/italics are and why they occur. however, regardless of if google fonts has different variations of a typeface, they never appear correctly on mobile.

for example, this is 'work sans' at font-size: 14px and font-weight: 600. the top image is on my browser (i'm on windows and use google chrome) and the bottom is on mobile (i'm on apple and use google chrome on this as well).

ql7gQCa.png

M2T2J8W.jpeg

(apologies for the low quality browser image >_<" !)

as you can see, faux bold still occurs on mobile even when using a typeface that has a valid bold weight: the letter thickness is thinner and inconsistent and the letter spacing is wider โ€” it even looks like an entirely different typeface altogether. it especially looks worse on smaller font sizes. essentially, it looks like absolute arse. i've tried searching up solutions online and DIYing it myself, but my non-coder brain simply cannot wrap my head around it.

i know that most users probably don't care about this kind of thing, but as somebody who spends a lot of time choosing and pairing fonts and trying to create a nice hierarchy, it's just annoying having all of that time go to waste when switching devices! : (

anyway, apologies for the rambling and if i barely made any sense. if anybody knows the answer to this, i will straight up put you in my will โ€น๐Ÿน

So rpn doesnt actually support the font variations on google fonts. what you see on mobile is actually what most other people see, especially if they donโ€™t have the font on their local directory.

So rpn doesnt actually support the font variations on google fonts. what you see on mobile is actually what most other people see, especially if they donโ€™t have the font on their local directory.
partly expected that to be the case : ( that sucks, but tysm for the response nonetheless!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back