• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Realistic or Modern How to Create a Universe (Interest Check)

Otter Box

Mother of Dragons
Every year citizens of the United States take part in a census in order for the government to get a sense of how many people there are, what kinds of people there are, and other miscellaneous information used in statistics and the like. Statistics are useful to see different kinds of trends, sure, but they don't tell a story. They don't relay the world's discomfort with how things are working. Opinions oppose and clash and get so heated that violence ends up being the result. And when everyone is aware of a possibly imminent descent into anarchy who has time to care about the census? Give it to the thirteen year old living with you. It'll make them feel special. Besides, they know all the answers, and as long as it says you were the one filling it out who are you hurting?

However, this year, people who complete the census are all submitted into a ballot. Without their knowledge, they've all been chosen by random lot for the project the government has been planning. A plan in which people of different backgrounds are put together for an extended period of time and only tasked with one thing: to start over. To make a utopia all their own. Ideas, as expected, will clash, and some may become so frustrated that they don't want to participate in such a project anymore. In the end what will ensue is up to the people who were chosen.

I'm planning for this to be an advanced Rp, so at least 3+ paragraphs per post. I can excuse writers block, but not every single time. I will also have a set of people to choose from beforehand, which doesn't mean I will create a character for you, but I will have types of people to choose from. The ex-convict, the mother (and possibly daughter), the vegan, the musician, the drug addict, the homeless youth and so on. I just want to know in advance if this is something people might enjoy. This is based off a show I was excited about called Utopia because it seemed amazing, but I was disappointed when something awesome just ended up being a little trashy. So I leave it to Rp to console me. c:

Darn. So close.

I wanted to join, but this is way to advanced for me.

Can I just watch and learn?

stonesaber4 said:
Darn. So close.
I wanted to join, but this is way to advanced for me.

Can I just watch and learn?
Lol yeah sure, if that's interesting to you.

You could also send me a writing sample. I'm sure I can bend the rules a little bit if it seems alright.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back