:evil:

The short answer:

As much as the ST wants him to.

My PC's are planning on having a 2 day ritual sacrifice of a giant 5 dot resource pirate yacht + pirate's hearts + all the booty inside... By a Zenith with Cha+Per=10

Depending on the number of successes, just how much help/aid should they get? I plan on giving them some information, but am not sure just how far to go.

thanks!

That should at least get you five minutes of face time with his personal assistant.

not much. especially if it is just a sacrifice to his greater glory.

if it is a parer that comes with a request for aid then sufficient successes might get them a small advantage. for example if they ask for help riding the west of pirates then the next engagement just happens to take place with the sun in the enemy's eyes. or they catch sight of a pirate ship silhouetted on the horizon. nothing that couldn't be a confidence and no reply.

i have considered allowing social combat checks to accompany a prair roll. success on the prair roll means your prair is heard. to influence the way your prair is received make one social combat action (you could flurry) with net successes and the gods essence replacing appearance.

this would actually model that it is easier to influence small gods than great gods.

Edward

If you get Roll of Glorious Divinity I, it has a ton of Spirit Charms, which the US has tons of. Praying lets him use those Charms on the celebrant. He'll probably be more inclined to grant some boon and be on his way. He might also grant a vision of some kind.

He will not be going to his assistant because he can't. Praying creates an arcane link between the god and the person praying, but that can't be moved. That's why it's unlikely a god who gets lots of prayers will spend any face time except on very rare or important occasions (Solar Exaltations, for example). More likely he'll just give a Charm (possibly a nice one). A couple examples would be All-Encompassing Benefaction (+1 all dice rolls for a scene), Unconquered Sun's Embrace (gives special attunement to solar energy for a scene, with varying mechanical effects, at the cost of temporary mild insanity), and Endowment (adds up to 3 dots to any rating, even going over the normal max, or adds special powers equivalent to Wyld mutations, or allows access to an additional Charm or two, for a scene). Reading the book will give you more specific guidelines.

Brickwall said:
If you get Roll of Glorious Divinity I, it has a ton of Spirit Charms, which the US has tons of. Praying lets him use those Charms on the celebrant. He'll probably be more inclined to grant some boon and be on his way. He might also grant a vision of some kind.
He will not be going to his assistant because he can't. Praying creates an arcane link between the god and the person praying, but that can't be moved. That's why it's unlikely a god who gets lots of prayers will spend any face time except on very rare or important occasions (Solar Exaltations, for example). More likely he'll just give a Charm (possibly a nice one). A couple examples would be All-Encompassing Benefaction (+1 all dice rolls for a scene), Unconquered Sun's Embrace (gives special attunement to solar energy for a scene, with varying mechanical effects, at the cost of temporary mild insanity), and Endowment (adds up to 3 dots to any rating, even going over the normal max, or adds special powers equivalent to Wyld mutations, or allows access to an additional Charm or two, for a scene). Reading the book will give you more specific guidelines.
Cool. Now I just have to go buy that book LOL! Thanks for the suggestion :)

in hilarious twist of irony, they may have just done those pirates a favor since anyone sacrifice to the Unconquered Sun reincarnates into a life of contentment and really fluffy things. :lol:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back