Video Games Honkai: Star Rail players, thoughts on the upcoming patches?

Vessel

delectable nuisance
Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)
HSR has me in a steel grip and I loved the Penacony story, but I'm kind of undecided on the upcoming Xianzhou arc. I really didn't enjoy some parts of the previous Xianzhou arc because it felt really drawn out to me, but I'd love to hear other's thoughts about it! none of the upcoming characters speak to me too much, so I'm gonna wait and see what the full kits are before I devote resources to pulling for anyone (though I do really like Jiaoqiu and Feixiao's designs).

There were a lot of reasons Xianzhou 1 was a low point. It took forever, had a million hanging plot threads, felt like the main cast was vestigial, etc. etc. The best parts of the arc were the character-focused stuff (Ghostbusters my beloved, the sidequests). Considering that, I'm hopeful for Xianzhou 2. I would expect that a tournament/jailbreak arc should be more straightforward and comparatively less heavy on the philosophy and wuxiababble than an immortal cultivation plotline.

(Though honestly, I kind of wish Penacony got one or two more patches. Some of the plot development seemed kinda rushed even if overall it is probably the current peak.)

As for the previewed characters, none of them appeal to me at first glance. Absent an impressive story performance, I'm not super interested in any of the upcoming characters. If I pull anyone it'll be for gameplay, but I feel like we're not due for a specifically DOT-oriented character (outside Jiaoqiu but he's more Acheron slave than 5* Guinaifen) any time soon considering it seems to be the era of Break and Follow Up right now.

...Well, Gunblades are cool, so maybe Feixiao can board the Express.

yeah I hard agree on the Xianzhou arc thoughts, but I am hoping to see better in Xianzhou 2. I've been wanting to build a DOT team, which is why I considered Jiaoqiu, but I don't have any of the past DOT characters and I feel like by the time new ones come out, Jiaoqiu won't even be relevant anymore.

also agree that gunblades are cool lmao

Users who are viewing this thread

Back