• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fandom Homestuck interest check

postaletter

Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)
Hi!! I’m Letter (he/him), an advanced-lit to novella writer who’s comfortable writing in third and second person. I’ve been role playing for around 9 years and can’t seem to escape Homestuck, so I’m looking for role play partners who might be interested in it. I am an adult, so I’m looking for aged 18+ partners. I don’t want to rp with a child, I’m too old to be on your level if you are one!

As for plots, I have a few in mind if you can’t come up with any. I do not role play explicit, excessive gore or nsfw, but it can be *mentioned* or included in dialogue or backstories. Characters can kiss or stab and that’s as far as I will allow it to go. Now, without further ado, here is a list of things you should know.

╭────┈ ↷
│ ✎┊ muses
│╭────────────╯
││• Dirk Strider
││• John Egbert ❤️❤️
││• Rose Lalonde
││• Jake English ❤️
││• Dave Strider ❤️❤️
││• Karkat Vantas
││• Vriska Serket ❤️
││• Tavros Nitram
││• Rufioh Nitram
││• Jane Crocker
│╰─────────── · · · · ✦

╭────┈ ↷
│ ✎┊ pairings (romantic or otherwise)
│╭────────────╯
││• DirkJohn ❤️
││• DaveJohn ❤️❤️
││• Johnrezi ❤️
││• Dave and Bro (NO INCEST!!)
││• Bro and Grandpa Harley
││• John Crocker <3 Alpha Dave
││• Alpha Bro and Dirk (NO INCEST!) ❤️
│╰─────────── · · · · ✦
│*Other pairings are cool too, but let’s discuss them. I’m a little bit picky.
│*I prefer mlm, and almost always use a male character, but there are some exceptions.

╭────┈ ↷
│ ✎┊ rules
│╭────────────╯
││• no proship or incestual role plays. If I trust that you intend to write about a dark topic to tell a meaningful story and not to satisfy a fetish, MAYBE we can do it. Hard maybe. You will need to provide a convincing argument.
││• no racial slurs. “Dirtblood” is allowed, but anything derogatory toward human ethnicities is prohibited.
││• provide a literacy example.
││• let me know if you’re busy! I don’t mind waiting; I have a life and a job and I know things just happen. Don’t be afraid to let me know if you’ll be gone for longer than a day. Any reason is alright.
│╰─────────── · · · · ✦

╭────┈ ↷
│ ✎┊ Literacy sample
│╭────────────╯
After the incident, the mansion is haunted again, distorted beyond repair. Your eyes can’t process it sometimes; the figure-shaped shadows cast by flickering candles and chandeliers, dying leaves flitting to the ground outside the windows, like little men watching you from far away, guns aimed. The sudden muffled sounds of butlers and maids shuffling through hidden doors in the walls make you shiver, like there truly is a ghost haunting the manor. It feels even emptier than it did when you returned home from that splendid night with Dave five years ago, when he made you realize how drab your life truly is.

And now he’s gone again.

You can bring him tea and run your hands through his hair, feel your lips delicately peck his forehead, but Dave isn’t here. The talkative, goofy Dave Strider you know is on sabbatical somewhere in the darkest depths of his brain. In his stead is this tired, quiet man, with dull wine colored eyes, almost always half lidded. He seems to light up for a moment when he sees you, but once the excitement fades, he returns to his deceased demeanor.

You’ve been preparing food for Dave on your own nowadays. It’s rewarding when he actually likes what you bring him. In the afternoon, when it’s colder and the air smells bitter, you enter your bedroom with a cardigan draped over your arm and a silver tray in hand, which you set down gently on his lap. There are deviled eggs, finger sandwiches, and an extra sugary strawberry cuppa chocolate tea.

“Heya, toots.” You smile and snake a hand behind Dave’s pillow, propping it and him up. You do your best to treat him somewhat normally; you certainly don’t want to make him feel trapped. “Mind holding up your arms for me? It’s cold, I want to put this on you.” You tap his arm and hold up the cardigan, just in case he doesn’t understand.

│╰─────────── · · · · ✦

╭────┈ ↷
│ ✎┊ genres
│╭────────────╯
││• sci-fi ❤️
││• fantasy ❤️❤️❤️
││• action-adventure ❤️❤️
││• paranormal ❤️
││• space opera
││• in-universe; sburb
││• mystery
││• memoir ❤️