hOI!

Hiya! I'm new to this site, and literally just figured out how to post a thread, so yeah. Please help me and give me some tips. I see some people doing stuff like *this,* and I'm a bit confused on what that means. So yeah!.. (^.^)

Welcome, fellow new member... and stuff.

May you be feared, you tiny, cute ghost picture.

... Yep, I have no idea on how to introduce people. (<_<) (>_>)

Hi! When someone uses * <--- that thang, they're wanting you to imagine that they've done that thing. That's the best way I can describe it, lol.

*laughs nervously*

Did that help? *is jealous that people actually welcomed you* I've been here all day and haven't so much as received a head nod. *cries* I'm over using those for your benefit, lol.

Welcome!

Do you mean like

Joe: Hi, Bob!

Bob: Hi, Joe! *waves*

That's chatplay, one of the forms some people use for roleplay. Basically they indicate action, while /What's that in his teeth?/ is often thinking, <Yo! You got broccoli in your teeth!> is yelling, and >But don't worry, she didn't notice...< is whispering. There's others, but I don't really do chatplay, so I'm not familiar with them. I may actually have got those wrong too, but I think they're right. Someone correct me?

Last edited by a moderator:
I did not realize my profile picture would make people fall on their faces. And thanks for telling me what chatplay is! Seems interesting.

poppet said:
Hi! When someone uses * <--- that thang, they're wanting you to imagine that they've done that thing. That's the best way I can describe it, lol.
*laughs nervously*

Did that help? *is jealous that people actually welcomed you* I've been here all day and haven't so much as received a head nod. *cries* I'm over using those for your benefit, lol.
Oh and... *hugs* get covered in a hug!

This is a very late welcome, but welcome anyway. *throws confetti in the air* How has your visit to RPN been so far?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back