• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fantasy High Concept, Open World, Adventure RP open to all

LazerWitch

The Horror queen from your day dreams
Hello there!

So, I have this character and story idea that I've been a little obsessed with for awhile and I would love to bring it to fruition by fiiiiinally being able to RP it. Let me briefly explain the opening setting first:

It starts in a kingdom ravished by war. All of the citizens are living in fear and the poor are starving. Supplies are short, money is low, and everyone is at the point where they feel like all hope is lost. The King's daughter has suddenly gone missing from her chambers abruptly, but no palace guards had seen anything suspicious and there is no sign of struggle.

Not wanting to draw attention to what very well might be his daughter abandoning her duties to the Kingslands, his majesty puts together a band of skilled knights and even a few rouges to locate the princess and return her discretely.

That's the opening, which can appear fairly standard. However, this is just a launching point for a much larger and more twisted plot that I would like other roleplayers to be able to contribute to as the game begins, if possible. My main idea is:

The princess didn't run away and was in fact kidnapped, but not by the enemy. One of the mages in service to the King's sorcery division has posed as a palace guard to take the lady as a high-born sacrifice for a ritual that he believes will stop the war. He has taken her to an old asylum where those who have been mentally damaged by war or magic live out their days in servitude stitching fine clothes for local merchants.

In the basement of the Asylum, he attempts to complete the ritual by calling upon his gods and blood-letting the princess as a symbol of the slow hemorrhage of life that war brings. However, the asylum's patients have taken an interest in the princess and break free of restraint, stopping the mage before it could be completed. This angers the gods and instead of bestowing peace amongst the land they send wrath in the form of hell-dragons and reapers from which the kingdom must be saved.

That's just an idea. Like i said, it's a high concept but also an open one so anyone can add or subtract from the story at any time if they have a better idea or something they think would be fun that I haven't mentioned. I did begin the thread with the opening scene as described above, which can be found here . If you would like to see a brief description of my character's backstory it can be found on the appropriate tab within the RP itself.

Please let me know if you're interested or have any questions! You can move straight into posting a character sheet and/or replying in-character to the main thread as well. I look forward to RPing with you all :D

Last edited by a moderator:
Awesome, thank you all! Im seriously really excited about this. And honestly a co GM would be fantastic. I used to roleplay all the time but I've never hosted one on this site so some of the customs and formatting are new to me and additional help would be much appriciated :)

Last edited by a moderator:
LazerWitch said:
Awesome, thank you all! Im seriously really excited about this. And honestly a co GM would be fantastic. I used to roleplay all the time but I've never hosted one on this site so some of the customs and formatting are new to me and additional help would be much appriciated :)
I have been GM for a lot of Rp's, so if you need help i am here for you. Also coding, i can do a little, but i am nothing compared to what some can do. But if you give me the requirements, i am sure to work out something.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back