• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Multiple Settings HELP WANTED - (Looking to make a Combat School Shonen)

Kameron Esters-

Fear my godly wrath!
Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)
Hello, and thank you for checking out the thread! I know this isn't much but bear with me, I haven't made a group thread in years, especially one asking for help from other capable writers. There's a rough concept of the idea in question:
-----------------
In a society where power is defined by strength and ability, elite schools train their students to battle for dominance and control. Each character is armed with unique, mystical abilities that make every fight intense and personal, and they must navigate a world of strict hierarchies, brutal tournaments, and hidden agendas.
-----------------
Are you passionate about creating immersive worlds and dynamic combat systems? Do you enjoy bringing complex characters, settings, and gameplay mechanics to life? Then I need your help! I’m currently seeking creative collaborators to help flesh out the world and refine the roleplay's systems. If you enjoy designing rich, complex settings, unique characters, or combat mechanics that capture the excitement of a shonen anime or RPG, this could be a great fit for you!

What I'm Looking For:

1. Worldbuilding Enthusiasts:
    • Help develop the lore, history, and culture of the setting, bringing depth to its factions and conflicts.
    • Expand the environments, districts, and the political tensions within this world.
    • Craft unique organizations, rivalries, and power dynamics that enrich the roleplay’s universe.
  2. Mechanics and Combat Designers:
    • Assist in refining and expanding the combat system, including character abilities, resource management, and tactical choices.
    • Design tournament-style gameplay mechanics, blending strategy, roleplay, and action for exciting encounters.
    • Balance the mechanics to ensure an engaging and rewarding experience for players of all styles.
  3. Character Designers:
    • Help flesh out NPCs, including key figures that drive the plot, from leaders to enigmatic rebels.
    • Create memorable characters with unique powers, personalities, and motivations that enhance the storytelling experience.
This may be a little naked, (again, haven't made a group check in forever) but I do have more I'm withholding for those of you are interested in building on an idea like this, so please, let me know down below if this is something you'd like to help out with!

Last edited:
While it's not necessarily a deal breaker, is this only OC? I see martial arts as the tag so is the limit something in the veins of Street Fighter in scale? Team combat or 1 on 1?

While it's not necessarily a deal breaker, is this only OC? I see martial arts as the tag so is the limit something in the veins of Street Fighter in scale? Team combat or 1 on 1?
Yes, the roleplay is OC only. And Street Fighter is on out of the many inspirations that sparked the concept for this idea (mainly in the vein of moves) but the scale can be up for discussion between those interested in the idea. As for combat, it's both Teams and 1-on-1s (and 2v2s, 3v3s, 3v5s, 2v1s, you name it lol)

I'll eye this and see what develops.
dont-blink-doctor-who.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back