Anime & Manga (Help please!) I need a Tokyo Ghoul expert please!

Zareh

The Robot Roleplayer a.k.a Zendrek
If you are an expert on Tokyo ghoul then would you please help me with answering some few complicated questions that I have? I would really appreciate it!

Thank you so much for reading this thread!

Zareh said:
If you are an expert on Tokyo ghoul then would you please help me with answering some few complicated questions that I have? I would really appreciate it!
Thank you so much for reading this thread!
While I`m not sure I can be called "an expert" I have done much research for RPs before, so I should be able to answer most questions within "what if" scenarios. If you´re gonna ask about the fates of characters or something like that, I don´t think I can help you, but as far as the mechanics of how things work in that universe, I can be your guy.

I've follow the first part of tokyo ghoul, but then later it got too overwhelming.. by overwhelming i mean... tokyo ghoul's artwork has gotten so..... confusing as a nice term. It was already a bit confusing in the first one.. the second one....oh man.

I literally have no idea what's going on anymore.

[i'm talking about the manga]

prkris said:
I've follow the first part of tokyo ghoul, but then later it got too overwhelming.. by overwhelming i mean... tokyo ghoul's artwork has gotten so..... confusing as a nice term. It was already a bit confusing in the first one.. the second one....oh man.
I literally have no idea what's going on anymore.

[i'm talking about the manga]
Idea said:
While I`m not sure I can be called "an expert" I have done much research for RPs before, so I should be able to answer most questions within "what if" scenarios. If you´re gonna ask about the fates of characters or something like that, I don´t think I can help you, but as far as the mechanics of how things work in that universe, I can be your guy.
I appreciate the assistance! If I could ask some questions here that would be able to quench my confusion. That would be swell! Just a few simple questions that I need help with.

1) Can Ghouls be killed by other weapons rather than Quinque and Quinx? Say like other weapons that might be more powerful that steel and titanium? How about other bioweapons from other universes?

2) How exactly do RC cells work? and how do they use them?

3) How fast do Ghouls regenerate? Can they regain limbs if they were chopped off?

4) What exactly are the wards in Tokyo Ghoul?

Those are the only questions I have on my mind at the moment but I appreciate it if you can help me answer those questions!

Zareh said:
1) Can Ghouls be killed by other weapons rather than Quinque and Quinx? Say like other weapons that might be more powerful that steel and titanium? How about other bioweapons from other universes?
A ghoul can probably be killed by weapons of mass destruction, although you may imagine why those aren´t typically used. If you´re gonna make up a weapon or bring in one from somewhere else, then it's kinda up to your imagination whether it works or not.

Zareh said:
2) How exactly do RC cells work? and how do they use them?
RC cells are a component of a ghoul´s blood and body that makes it easier to associate and disassociate within the medium. While not all mechanisms are too clear, this property allows the kagune, which is literally made of their blood, and gets harder (more solid) or softer (more liquid) at their will.

RC cells have other improvements, mainly based upon a ghoul´s instinctive desires, such as regeneration, stronger physical attributes, and more powerful acids.

There is a lot more to know but I´d nearly have to write an essay about it.

Zareh said:
3) How fast do Ghouls regenerate? Can they regain limbs if they were chopped off?
This depends on ghoul to ghoul. The main factor is that unless you´re talking about a kagune (which can pretty much be indefinetly regenerated, if you have time and energy), a ghoul´s body can regenerate as long as the part to be regenerated is near enough, and provided they have the right regeneration rate. For example, Noro with his super high regeneration rate, was able to put his body back together after being sliced in half.

Zareh said:
4) What exactly are the wards in Tokyo Ghoul?
It´s a structure from the city of Tokyo itself, it´s various area/sections.

Idea said:
A ghoul can probably be killed by weapons of mass destruction, although you may imagine why those aren´t typically used. If you´re gonna make up a weapon or bring in one from somewhere else, then it's kinda up to your imagination whether it works or not.
RC cells are a component of a ghoul´s blood and body that makes it easier to associate and disassociate within the medium. While not all mechanisms are too clear, this property allows the kagune, which is literally made of their blood, and gets harder (more solid) or softer (more liquid) at their will.

RC cells have other improvements, mainly based upon a ghoul´s instinctive desires, such as regeneration, stronger physical attributes, and more powerful acids.

This depends on ghoul to ghoul. The main factor is that unless you´re talking about a kagune (which can pretty much be indefinetly regenerated, if you have time and energy), a ghoul´s body can regenerate as long as the part to be regenerated is near enough, and provided they have the right regeneration rate. For example, Noro with his super high regeneration rate, was able to put his body back together after being sliced in half.

Apparently before Quinque's were created. The Washuu clan stabbed Ghouls in the eyes to kill them - not entirely sure though.

iChaotic said:
Apparently before Quinque's were created. The Washuu clan stabbed Ghouls in the eyes to kill them - not entirely sure though.
possible, since they have a weak spot in there, as seen in Jason´s torture of Kaneki, where he had to stuff a needle there to suppress his kagune

Idea said:

It's a specific weapon that I'm trying to compare it to, I was thinking about comparing.

Ghoul Feats to Prototype Feats.

Have you played Prototype? Really fun but underrated game. I'm not sure how it would work but I was wondering what if a Prototype was to go head against a Ghoul?

I am an expert on Prototype since I played both the first and second game. What do you think?

Zareh said:
It's a specific weapon that I'm trying to compare it to, I was thinking about comparing.

Have you played Prototype? Really fun but underrated game. I'm not sure how it would work but I was wondering what if a Prototype was to go head against a Ghoul?

I am an expert on Prototype since I played both the first and second game. What do you think?
I've completed Prototype 1, but never finished 2.

I'm guessing it could be somewhat possible with those abilities. Especially the devastators. Did it ever say what their powers were made out of?

Last edited by a moderator:
iChaotic said:
I've completed Prototype 1, but never finished 2.
I'm guessing it could be somewhat possible with those abilities. Especially the devastators. Did it ever say what their powers were made out of?
Basically a Prototype is a human who got infected with the Blacklight (Mercer) Virus allowing them to shapeshift in almost infinite ways. I think they are still made up of human flesh but can alter themselves to become living weapons of knifes, claws and other deadly attacks.

(My favorite is the whipfist
:D )

(Armour and blade <3 just running through and cutting shit up.)

It's actually a rather confusing question to answer to be honest. Brute force can obviously do something to a ghoul as seen at the start with the steel beams crushing Rize.

Rize wasn't actually killed by the steel beams​

iChaotic said:
(Armour and blade <3 just running through and cutting shit up.)
It's actually a rather confusing question to answer to be honest. Brute force can obviously do something to a ghoul as seen at the start with the steel beams crushing Rize.

Rize wasn't actually killed by the steel beams​

Rize didn't die, it only made her lose power long enough for the Kagune to be extracted from her. So the question is if the blade can slice Ghoul skin? What do you think?

Rize survived and was kept by the doctor - Kanou. And was harvested for his research

And I actually think it could, it's not made out of a type of metal so we can't possibly know for sure. Like when you see Kaneki try stabbing himself - the blade broke.

iChaotic said:
Rize survived and was kept by the doctor - Kanou. And was harvested for his research

And I actually think it could, it's not made out of a type of metal so we can't possibly know for sure. Like when you see Kaneki try stabbing himself - the blade broke.
Yeah, any regular kind of metal wouldn't work so it's a question of whether if Biomass Blades can keep up with Kagune blades.

Zareh said:

never played the game

Users who are viewing this thread

Back