• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Multiple Settings Heaven's Fall [[Future Apocalyptic...Western? Lol]]

Radiant

martijn-rijven-katana-concept01.jpg

My favorite thing to find while scavenging the wasteland had to be old phones, music players, or music discs. Sure, there were still people out there making music- groups like Imaginary Trouble and Cannibal Force were common to hear in any worthwhile wasteland establishment, my personal favorites were Mutant Flow and Phantom Slim, an EDM duo which were some of the pioneers of music following the revival of the Earth after the Holy Wars.
As I flew across the desert wasteland of what used to be New Mexico the music kept me calm and focused; the pulsating, rhythmic beats, entrancing and erratic drum noises, and voice samples of old television shows such as The Simpsons and The A-Team occasionally playing their various songs. It was easy to lose myself in the sound and avoid the destruction everywhere I looked. When the elite abandoned Earth for Mars, they left us with virtually no way to recover, as if they wanted the humans here on Earth to die…
My GX-Vagabond was a modified version of the GC-Vagabond. It was a small hoverbike with multidirectional wheels, meaning, when on land the tires would roll straight and with the press of the button the bike’s thrusters kick in, and the wheels turn and the jet thrusters are capable of thrusting up to 10- 15 feet off the ground, useful when needing to leap over obstacles or avoid many of the grotesque creatures looking to feast on whatever they can tackle to the ground. The modifications were made by my gang’s personal tech and mechanical savant; Hogan. Who quite frankly, I wouldn’t be able to drive this thing without. I’d call myself a great driver, but when it comes to the tech stuff I am truly overwhelmed when he easily changes components in and out, talking about wiring and data and processors.

“Now let’s test some of those new upgrades.” I finally said to nobody in particular, as I came to a ruin of cars along an abandoned highway. I had access to the bike’s systems via a data uplink from my helmet. “Activate Blasters.” I said aloud.

Within a second there was a barely noticeable vibration as the bike’s inner mechanical system shifted and adjusted, you know, mechanical things... and on either side of the bike’s hull two, foot cylinders extended about a foot out, pointed directly ahead to start but a swivel mount gave me 90 degrees of rotation to cover my sides as well. I fired a shot with the finger trigger built in the handlebars (one for either gun) and the laser rounds blasted the car in front of me. There was no crazy explosion but metal had been visibly impacted and dented, and the area which was struck was still smoking as I flew past the target. I’d imagine it would do a lot more damage to the flesh of any predators out here in the Wastes.

[The world setting is this: A few hundred years into our future. Humanity now occupies Mars and basically abandoned Earth to die off, and as you can guess after a couple hundred years of neglect and disease and war, Earth is basically a Mad Max all over. Save for very few City States which exist as their own separate kingdoms now basically.

You will be playing a sight-seeyer who crashlands on Earth after her Tour Ship is shot down by very bad people. Your first arc will include this and escaping from these raiders eventually with my help, and then we will discover part of the bigger conspiracy which includes the fact that you are the daughter of one of the Martian Houses, and it becomes my duty to somehow get you back to Mars while we dodge interstellar assassins, earthly abominations and our own issues.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back