• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Realistic or Modern Hearthbound

Noivian

Drinker of coffees
Helper
Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)
A young lady stands in her bedroom. While it is not this young girl's thirteenth birthday, she still lacks a name! What will this young girl's name be?

Vq8ye7w.jpg

>Enter name.

About

All options are write in's! Make of this what you want. When writing your response, please write in the format ">Your suggestion here" so that things flow more smoothly and no one gets confused.

Last edited by a moderator:
@budgieboo @Golden Glow

Actualy, for this rp, budgieboo is doing it right. I have a slightly different format for responses. Also, as a general rule, it's not a good idea to leave a question mark in your answer. The [x] is like a check mark, telling me which box, or option, you chose. In your example, Golden, you should have responded with "[x] Fiora" if we were going with the normal style.

But for this RP, please follow a ">Answer" format.

budgieboo said:
>Citrunepie Cowface

FLMKmDk.jpg

Try again, smart one!​

>Enter name.

DemonKitten said:
> Jade Myles

Your name is Jade Myles, and as was stated previously, today is not your birthday. Today is, however, a very momentous day in your life. Today is the day beta copies of the new game, Sburb, are coming out! But enough about the game: we'll get to that later. For now, how about you tell us some of your hobbies and interests?​

>Hobbies/interests

DemonKitten said:
>music, eating souls, petting kittens

It seems you enjoy music, petting kittens, and devouring the souls of he dead. Yes, common everyday interests and hobbies any just-over-thirteen year old girl would have. And by the souls of the dead, you mean Dead Souls, your favorite breakfast cereal. It's like Lucky Charms, but without the luck and a lot more dead souls.

You look about your room. It's rather average, with a bed in the corner under the window, a desktop computer just across from it, and dressers to hold your clothes on the wall near the door, which happens to be opposite the wall with the window. On the wall near the window is a calendar with today's date circled. Yes, that reminds you! The game! How could you have forgotten? All this talk of cereal must have distracted you from what's really important here.

A noise sounds from your computer. It looks like one of your friends is pestering you... What do you do?

From here on out, along with the basic ">Enter command here" format, we will be using a ">Character: Action" format, to be used specifically for making characters do something. Remember: ">Command" is for inserting values, like interests and names, and ">Character: Action" is for making the stated character do things.

> Jade: Ignore your friend and play with your pet instead.

Magnadeus said:
> Jade: Squeak like a mouse and punch your computer.

What? No! That's just stupid! And yet... the temptation do do so rises...

budgieboo said:
>Jade: Look at your computer.
[QUOTE="Golden Glow]>Jade: Ask what the heck your friend wants

[/QUOTE]

Going to your computer, you give it a quick, light punch, before sitting down. Who's this talking to you?

>Enter friend's name.

Noivian said:

What? No! That's just stupid! And yet... the temptation do do so rises...

Going to your computer, you give it a quick, light punch, before sitting down. Who's this talking to you?

>Enter friend's name.
> GASBAG SHITCAKE

budgieboo said:
> Kyle Lumverch
Yes, how could you possibly forget Kyle? He's obnoxious as can be and a total snob. You two butt heads all the time, but in a friendly way. How you two met is a mystery to even you.

-- antiqueTrombone [AT] began pestering comfyTouchpad [CT] at 12:33 --

AT: Jade.

AT: Jade, are you there?

CT: what do you want kyle

AT: Are you ready to play yet?

CT: calm down i just woke up okay

CT: havent even had a chance to warm up my mouse hand

AT: You warm up? Lame. Let the playing warm you up instead.

CT: thats a good way to get a cramp

CT: besides i dont even know where my copy is

CT: of sburb that is

CT: so chill out dude

CT: ill get it

AT: Would it kill you to at least use apostrophes?

CT: yes it would

CT: typing like this is significantly faster

CT: now excuse me while i go find my sburb copy

>Enter command.

Noivian said:
Yes, how could you possibly forget Kyle? He's obnoxious as can be and a total snob. You two butt heads all the time, but in a friendly way. How you two met is a mystery to even you.

-- antiqueTrombone [AT] began pestering comfyTouchpad [CT] at 12:33 --

AT: Jade.

AT: Jade, are you there?

CT: what do you want kyle

AT: Are you ready to play yet?

CT: calm down i just woke up okay

CT: havent even had a chance to warm up my mouse hand

AT: You warm up? Lame. Let the playing warm you up instead.

CT: thats a good way to get a cramp

CT: besides i dont even know where my copy is

CT: of sburb that is

CT: so chill out dude

CT: ill get it

AT: Would it kill you to at least use apostrophes?

CT: yes it would

CT: typing like this is significantly faster

CT: now excuse me while i go find my sburb copy

>Enter command.
> Jade: Advance SBURBwards!

Magnadeus said:
> Jade: Advance SBURBwards!
That would be a great idea, if you knew where your copy was! Looking about your computer desk, you can tell it's not located in your room currently. Perhaps you should try downstairs...?

>Enter Command

Introducing the ==> command! If you happen to agree with the idea that's been proposed by the character to themselves, or have nothing to contribute at this moment, simply enter ==> and the story will progress on its own, giving me the choice to fill in missing input as I see fit.

Noivian said:
That would be a great idea, if you knew where your copy was! Looking about your computer desk, you can tell it's not located in your room currently. Perhaps you should try downstairs...?

>Enter Command

Introducing the ==> command! If you happen to agree with the idea that's been proposed by the character to themselves, or have nothing to contribute at this moment, simply enter ==> and the story will progress on its own, giving me the choice to fill in missing input as I see fit.
==>

Magnadeus said:
You head out of your room and down the hall, down the stairs. The living room is rather average, with a sofa facing a TV mounted on the wall over the fireplace. There's several consoles sitting on the mantle, and a coffee table for the remotes and such. Pictures of you and your aunt line the walls, from the times you two have gone to amusement parks or nature parks together, broken up only by your own paintings and other artwork. Your aunt has an odd obsession with animals, and many of the paintings you've created that line the walls now are those of animals.

budgieboo said:
>Jade: Look in the study?
Walking past the couch and around the corner to the study, you open the door and step inside. The room is wall to wall books, broken only by a desk set up under a window. Most of the books are animal books, but you also keep your adventure novels and other fun reads in this room. When art is stressing you out, you often find yourself in this room, reading. In the corner of the room is a wooden clarinet that your aunt gifted you on your most recent birthday. Despite knowing how to play, you can honestly say you don't practice all that much and admitably aren't that good.

Yes, there they are! The discs were in a paper folder with a green house design printed on the front, the word Sburb overlaid in bright red. Your aunt must have through this was some kind of book and put it in the study.

Speaking of your aunt, you think you can hear her car in the drive way.

> Enter Command.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back