Heart of Flint

Acidburns

Limit break condition: The character is frustrated by the intemperate or childish nature of the world around him.

I'm not sure how this limit break is actually triggered in play, can anyone offer some examples?

Under what conditions would the character be driven to sigh in exasperation and decry the childishness of the scenario?

If it's not roleplayed, it doesn't really apply, so it shouldn't be taken.

Well, enlighten us both then? Perhaps I did so; were you asking how, after someone's accrued 10 limit, would the break take place?

player rolls limit whenever player or char is irritated at PCs or NPCs being childish

My players wont take that anymore,they kept hitting limit over in party squabbles

player rolls limit whenever player or char is irritated at PCs or NPCs being childish
My players wont take that anymore,they kept hitting limit over in party squabbles
This was my interpretation of it.  I was mostly confused over description of the limit break condition.

Unlike some of the other conditions, it really requires the player to decide for themselves what circumstances would make their character feel frustrated.

True. Someone with the patience of say a very high Temperance character might do rather well at resisting such. Or not. It is rather character dependent.

Just needs one player with Foolhardy Contempt to set them off.

"Lets circle around the guards and avoid...."

"Hay ass-hats!, You looking for me!"

or

"It's Calibration, we should not start a ..."

"I'm back to finish kicking your ass and your men's.  CHARGE!"

I got 3 players to break with that one.  :twisted:

Our general rule for this is, will the stupid shit involve you, or will your loyalties and motivations force you to intervene, and when you see an act or display that defiles common sense.  If so, then roll your Limit.

Good rule of thumb.

If I payed attention to Limit Breaks and the Great Curse in my game, Tails would be limit-breaking every second session due to the stalwart efforts of another player, whose antics and capering are beyond compare. In a deliberate fashion he probably causes as much trouble for the other players as EM without getting himself in any, and he's really funny while he does so. And always, always foolish.

True. Someone with the patience of say a very high Temperance character might do rather well at resisting such. Or not. It is rather character dependent.
hmm conviction 4, temperance 5 temperance stone (effective temperance 8) that just might work

Users who are viewing this thread

Back