• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fandom hanging lanterns — lok & atla

social

falling for you™
Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)
降世神通
our last hope
Hello! Welcome to my semi-detailed interest check. I have currently been binge watching both ATLA and LoK due to quarentine and I've been really interested in finding a suitable roleplay. I am open to all ideas and suggestions, but I also have my own plots and cravings listed below. I will say right off the bat that I don't like playing canon characters because I'm not comfortable with it. I prefer having OC's and really creating our own story that is separate from both of the shows. If you are interested in roleplaying with me, I would love it if you'd shoot me a PM or comment below what you're interested in! I am only going to have a few partners, but feel free to express interest whenever! Thank you!

The Guidelines
- Minimum of three paragraphs per in-character post, plus detailed character sheets
- OOC chatting is a must in order to keep our inspiration and to keep developing the story
- I prefer anime/drawn face claims for this roleplay and would prefer to double up
- I will accept and do all romantic pairings as I prefer having romance as part of the story
- If you get bored of the plot, please let me know and we might be able to figure out a new one so we can continue rping
- I will roleplay either on Discord or in a PM as it's easier for me to keep track
- I am mainly looking for someone 17+ plus as I am wanting to tackle more adult topics and darker themes
- I'm really flexible with a posting schedule. Real-life comes first so don't worry too much!
- Coding isn't required, but I am the most comfortable with it and will use it for character sheets and in-character posts
- I only write in the third person and expect you to do the same
- Try to keep grammatical and spelling errors to a minimum. I know it's not impossible, but I don't want to have difficulties reading posts if that makes sense
- We don't have to keep everything 100% canonical

The Plots - More will be added
- The avatar is supposed to bring peace and balance to the world until the end of their days. However, the newest avatar found themselves not wanting this responsibility, only seeing the incurable rage and poison that is inside everyone, bender or not. So they found themselves diverting from the path of light and pursued a new role, one where they would seek to rid the world of its diseased cultures and bring a new era of peace to the world, one without humans. A near fully realized avatar going to destroy the world wasn't something people were prepared for. So the White Lotus decided to call together four powerful benders to come together and defeat the avatar, hoping to bring balance back to the world.

- Two Pro Bending teams going head to head, one the reigning champion, the other being newcomers on the block. They pretty much tie every match, most of the time the outcome only being decided by a one vs one. However, Republic City is soon threatened by a new rebellious group, one that is taking benders away right from underneath people's noses, and when someone notices, it's already too late. Recruited by the Avatar, these rivals have to team up in order to save their city.

- Avatar Aang was killed before he could stop the war, causing it to rage on for years, the Fire Nation conquering every city except for Ba Sing Se and the Northern Water Tribe. The new avatar was a waterbender, however, the Fire Nation rounded every young bender they could find, desperate to keep their only chance of failure extinguished. Hidden under the identity as a refugee orphan, the avatar must find masters to teach them the elements so that they can put a stop to the war.

- After the death of Korra, the Red Lotus took over Republic City, taking control of the United Nations and soon the rest of the world. As time went on, the found and killed each avatar before they had a chance to do anything with their gifts, not wanting them to take back the world and restore balance. Benders were far and few between, most hiding their abilities out of fear of getting imprisoned or killed. There was a rumor that the previous avatar had been killed in the avatar state, thus ending the cycle. All hope was lost until the newest avatar discovered their abilities by mistake and is now forced to learn the elements in secret and hopefully overthrow the Red Lotus.

- Spirits have been slowly dying due to an unknown force, most of them fleeing into the human world, trying to find protection and salvation. The balance between the two worlds began to shift, the lack of spiritual presence causing the bridge between the two to slowly disappear. The Avatar, with the help of their companions, must journey into the Spirit World and save it from completely disappearing.

- Aang failed to stop Ozai from taking over the entire world, getting killed in his battle with him. The world was engulfed in flames, the legends of the young group of heroes becoming treason to talk about. Since the next Avatar was to be a waterbender, Ozai had both tribes essentially wiped out, burning down each one, rounding up every child and woman there, prepared to do the unthinkable. Waterbenders and Airbenders were considered extinct. However, one got away. A single pregnant woman had managed to escape before the North was invaded, finding herself crossing across the open ocean alone, unsure of where she would end up. Eventually, she found refuge on Kyoshi Island, it having been protected by Avatar Aang before the war. There the next Avatar was born, learning waterbending from their mother and earthbending from the benders on the island. Now almost an adult, they have set out to learn both air and fire, but the journey will be unlike Aang's ever was. Crossing the burned nations conquered by the firelord, looking for the two people that can help them restore balance to the world, once and for all.

- The Avatar never resurfaced, at least not until much later. It had been well over 100 years before the airbender was released from the iceberg, the fire nation having already conquered the Earth Kingdom and the water tribes. It seemed like hope was lost, however, this was still hope. There was a somewhat blessing in disguise as the firelord who had tried to burn the whole world into ash, mysteriously passed away before doing so, his son taking over the throne. While he had the power over all four nations, he led quite differently compared to his ancestors which seemed to give fate its push to have the avatar come back. Civilization had developed far more than the avatar expected and it was more confusing than they ever anticipated. Close to 200 years had passed since they entered the iceberg, and now they have to find a way to master the elements and defeat the fire nation.

- It had been years since the death of Korra, having been killed in the avatar state much later in life. This devastated the world as there was no longer someone to protect them from those who would go mad with power. This caused a shift in the peaceful world she had created, causing an influx of crime and various groups who were determined to rule the world themselves. The White Lotus, in its attempt to rebalance the world, began to seek out benders who would be able to form a team and act in place of the avatar, bringing peace to the world once again.
coded by yours truly, social

Last edited:
Hello there! Name’s Patches and may I say I absolutely adore your ideas! I would love to do a double up roleplay with you! I think the prompts that most interest me though are the one involving the evil Avatar and the two prompts involving the water bender Avatar but if you do not mind, I actually have some fun ideas we could perhaps try to put a spin on some of the prompts if you would like to hear my ideas :)

Hello there! Name’s Patches and may I say I absolutely adore your ideas! I would love to do a double up roleplay with you! I think the prompts that most interest me though are the one involving the evil Avatar and the two prompts involving the water bender Avatar but if you do not mind, I actually have some fun ideas we could perhaps try to put a spin on some of the prompts if you would like to hear my ideas :)
yeah for sure! just shoot me a pm with whatever ideas you have~

These are amazing! I'm absolutely interested in rping with you if you're still looking for partners. Though I'm most interested in the last prompt, the others sound equally interesting. I can't PM you just yet but will as soon as I have the time! Happy writing.

These are amazing! I'm absolutely interested in rping with you if you're still looking for partners. Though I'm most interested in the last prompt, the others sound equally interesting. I can't PM you just yet but will as soon as I have the time! Happy writing.
would it help if i pmed you?

all of these look so interesting! i've been really inspired to do an atla themed roleplay.
i really love the last one you posted.

all of these look so interesting! i've been really inspired to do an atla themed roleplay.
i really love the last one you posted.
Yeah! Sure thing! Just shoot me a PM

Hello Delight,
I'm a bit new to RPNation, have been looking around for an Avatar roleplay for a couple of days and this post has got me quite excited. Like you, I have binged the series again during the quarantine. I would love a way to flex my writing chops and my love for roleplay and the series. I was elated when stumbled across this post, I read your prompts and I found them quite interesting and very creative. I am particularly a fan of the first 2, and the second from the last.

I am not particularly interested in Faceclaiming as I tend to prefer descriptions, but it could be fun to search for a suiting image if you were adamant about that guideline. I would also prefer to Roleplay through Discord.

If you are around/willing and interested in RPing send me a pm so I can reply, otherwise I will attempt to do so again soon now that I believe I have met the requirements.

Hey Social, wrote you a reply that got took a while to get moderated and got buried under some bumps. I've been trying to send you a PM but keep getting told no due to 'spam, or inappropriate content'. I was excited to see the post go through after waiting most of yesterday, and despite attempting to PM I noticed your bump earlier today and was hoping you got my message.

Hey Social, wrote you a reply that got took a while to get moderated and got buried under some bumps. I've been trying to send you a PM but keep getting told no due to 'spam, or inappropriate content'. I was excited to see the post go through after waiting most of yesterday, and despite attempting to PM I noticed your bump earlier today and was hoping you got my message.
I never got a pm! I would be totally down with you PMing me today since it looks like you can send messages. If you still can’t, I can if that will help!

Haha, I sent a message to the Admins to try to fix my inability to send PMs. The error message I keep getting suggested to me to do so. Thanks for getting back to me, I look forward to getting in contact with you as I've been trying for nearly 24hrs now xD. I'm not sure if you sending a PM would help or not, as I'm not getting the same error I was before where it said I was too new.

Haha, I sent a message to the Admins to try to fix my inability to send PMs. The error message I keep getting suggested to me to do so. Thanks for getting back to me, I look forward to getting in contact with you as I've been trying for nearly 24hrs now xD. I'm not sure if you sending a PM would help or not, as I'm not getting the same error I was before where it said I was too new.
No worries! As soon as things get squared away, just shoot me a message. Or we can even chat over discord if that’s easier right now

The prompt of the avatar accidentally discovering their abilities while the Red Lotus has Republic City taken over sounds incredibly wonderful! I would love to discuss the plot, characters, and what site to use in a pm, if you'd like to!

I am so sososo in love with ALL of these but the first two plots really grab me as I haven't seen the show in a hot minute and I feel they give us the most liberty to explore this setting totally seperate from the canon. I'm not huuuuge on doubling however I am happy to write multiples (which is basically the same thing,,, if not more oop) if you'd like me to pm you my discord so we can plot further just lemme know xo

Users who are viewing this thread

Back