Experiences Got ghosted for an RP I was insanely excited for and that I can't seem to find partners for.

Grizzle

Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)
I don't usually let ghosting effect me. But I poured hours into last night discussing and plotting with someone who I thought I vibed with. It has been so hard to find someone to do this plot with who also values communication, is okay with voice calls, and understands the characters and is active in plotting to a degree theyre obviously excited.

I thought I'd met that person. They have me blocked on my old account and this one so they wont see this, I'm not going to say who they were but it was for a Gravity Falls post canon Dipcifica RP, it was small mystery vibes with romance and angst and all that good stuff.

I have autism and I can't always read social cues. I'm not stupid, I'm quite intelligent, even in social situations I pick up on stuff no one else does. But that's irl. When it comes to voice calls and text I get confused v easily and misconstrue. I don't know what I did.

I'm guilty of ghosting. Everyone is I feel. But I've been trying lately to explain when I lose interest or if I just dont feel the vibe with a partner. It still sucks but I think communicating what the issue is is much better than just leaving. And this is from someone who shakes vehemently and sweats profusely when I have to confront someone.

Anyway, this specific ship is v hard to find in this Fandom for RP and esp to find someone interested in the plot and who is all the things in the first sentence. I don't know what I did. I tried reaching out to inquire but was instablocked. It just hurts so much.

I've never been this hurt. It feels like my heart has sunk. There's a pit in my stomach. And I legit just broke down and cried before typing this.

I thought we had solid ideas and we were vibing. It just truly hurts. I don't know how to deal with it. Maybe I just needed to vent.

If you're reading this and thinking of ghosting - Try to communicate first if possible - I understand that sometimes ghosting no contact is the right choice, but if you do have a choice tell the person what's wrong or that youre no longer interested, because not knowing sucks and hurts.

Happened me too it’s really disheartening I can’t make sense what I did.

Being ghosted isn't necessarily your fault. I don't really know what happened, since I wasn't there nor do I know you or your Roleplaying partner, but I don't think you should spend too much time worrying about what you did wrong— Sometimes it just happens. I know it's awful, since you two were vibing so well, but it's better that it happened earlier in the plotting process as opposed to halfway through the Roleplay. I'd say take some time off to catch your breath and relax, then try again. I hope you're able to find someone to write with again.

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back