God Blooded Lethal Soak

Gtroc

ok so I posted this on a couple other forums:

how do you calculate god blooded lethal soak? is it like dragon kings and mortals in that they have no stamina based lethal soak, in other words it is all from armor(whether worn or natural), or is it like exalts in that they get half their stamina in lethal soak?

this has come up in a recent game and I am having some difficulty nailing down the rule, and where that rule is stated. I am aware of the rule in the main book about exalts and "other beings with awakened essence", but that seems contradictory to what happens later with the dragon kings. also if that is true(the dragon kings being a special case) does that mean mortals with awakened essence have a stamina based lethal soak?

thanks, I hope this makes sense, if not I am willing to explain further.

I've always ran it giving them natural lethal soak. I'm not sure I can pinpoint a rule stating that it is either way though. Similarly I don't think I've ever managed to find a clear rule stating whether the round things like DV up or down, although I've always gone with up.

In 1st Edition, God Blooded had "mortal" soak unless they took the god-body merit, which gave them an Exalt's healing, resistance to poison and disease, and natural soak. I can't find any mention of it in 2e - there's mutations for healing, and a new god-body which is about transforming into something, but no mention of natural soak.

I wouldn't be surprised if they just made it so that any essence-channeling creature has it.

Tsuranis said:
Similarly I don't think I've ever managed to find a clear rule stating whether the round things like DV up or down, although I've always gone with up.
Magical creatures round up, mortal creatures round down.

Jukashi said:
Magical creatures round up, mortal creatures round down.
Technically the same source says that magical creatures soak lethal with half their stamina, but Dragon Kings are shown to be an exception to this as pointed out above ^.^

Don't get me wrong - I agree with you here. I've just learned not to be surprised if someone finds stealth errata that I haven't rolled enough 10s to notice.

that's pretty much what I have come up with as well(that it is just assumed that they use stamina to soak), but that really weakens the dragon kings. thanks for the input, it what we decided to use at the table as well. seeing as its a whole group of godbloods the balances is not affected by either rules interpretation, so long as consistency is maintained.

To be fair weakening the Dragon Kings compared to godblooded isn't really a problem - they start with a hell of a lot more.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back