Advice/Help Further writing and roleplaying tips.

Hello! I have been recently thinking to continue expanding my knowledge onto roleplaying. Do you guys have any further tips that can enhance it?
I do know that I could add emotions but if you guys wanna help me a little deeper, PM me! I'm all up for some help with it as I want to constantly strive to be better.

or... Message down here.

Defining: Expanding my knowledge, meaning that I want to learn many ways to roleplay and use those things I've learned to my atvantage in order to make better replies.

Are we taking vocabulary and grammatical application? Along with absorbing the flow of the story?

Yeah we're talking about the choices of words and including the sentence structuring. But also absorbing the flow if that's applicable.
Since I do sometimes end my sentences abruptably.

Well, there's nothing wrong with an abrupt end every now and then. But as far as the primary focus to further envelope yourself in a more advanced structure, try reading some books to study other authors, or simply start daydreaming. I know that may sound crazy, but in truth, if you daydream and picture a scene in your head, then attempt to voice over it, it may help you learn what sorts of things to say to get your point across. A description is everything in the world of RPing, so be sure that you're in-depth but not rambling when you go at it.

Secondly, another good thing to do is get Grammarly, it will let you know when you've repeated the same words over and over again, and it can help advance your vocabulary with recommended words.

It sounds good and all that. I have read some English books and such. So as far as we're in the subject, most of the time I want to add emotions and depth onto the roleplay too. Any idea how that could be done without ruining the structures of a sentence?

As it happens, I've written some resources aimed mainly at running an RP as a game-master, but some of it should be transferable and useful elsewhere. Tutorial - My First RP
There are more links at the bottom of that post.

NesyCelvestian NesyCelvestian Once more I'd recommend word choice.

"The gallant man, divine in purpose strode across the field of desecrated comrades."

Obviously sounds better than.

"The knight made his way across the field.

Wow, yeah it does sound very good but i actually don't have much wording in me. I must learn many words lmao.

That will simply come with experience, my friend. Find some decent roleplayers and shadow them, watch how they handle things.

I better find some decent ones, but I can actually find them in the Forums in group roleplayings.

Makes me wanna, make my own group roleplay and start some really nice stuff.

Are you into high fantasy at all?

I'm always open to players of any experience level, if it helps. I quite like expanding horizons.

I'm currently in a group RP that has yet to start and has quite a few promising writers. If you'd like I can give you the link.

There you are!

Pfft, someone has already created a steed as a character. So it's not too far out of context.

I highly encourage you to join then and rub elbows with people that leave me aghast. It'll be well worth your time.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back