• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fandom FTL: Faster Than Light

I'd join this

• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Epic

Exists
Even though FTL isn't exactly much of a story-driven game and moreso a roguelike, it has enough information that I think an interesting RP could be made out of it using the races that they have, the general story of "escape the rebellion, deliver the information". Anyway, on to the general idea.

Playable Races:

Keep in mind, some races from the game are excluded. Such as Lanius due to the fact that they drain Oxygen from any room they are in, making it difficult for interaction with others.

Humans - One of the most common races in the galaxy, comprising most of the galactic federation and all of the rebellion.

Engi - Created from trillions of nano machines, able to change form.

Mantis - Incredibly hostile and violent, resembling human-sized pray mantises, they tend to fight without weapons, excelling in combat. They are horrible with repairs, due to this problem they tend to take Engi slaves to work with them on their ships.

Zoltan - Composed of pure energy, tend to work with the Galactic Federation. Allianced with the Engi and generally found within their systems.

General Storyline:

The Federation is on the verge of destruction, you and your crew are the last members of The Federation from Sector Xe-29, you obtain critical information needed in order for The Federation to eliminate The Rebellion. You are aboard "The Kestrel Cruiser" in your journey to escape from The Rebellion and deliver information to The Federation.

jw7Fw5L.jpg

It is very likely you will encounter pirates, other races, others attempting to flee, and many, many more possibilities, your crew will have to deal with these problems in order to survive and make it across the universe safely. You will face many, many dangers on your journey. Good luck.

A Few Notes:

Unlike the game, you aren't going to be strictly stuck to your ship, you'll likely be able to board other ships (Such as teleporters in the game) Stop at stations, shops, planets, etc. All on your journey across the universe, visiting multiple locations along your journey.

E; Also, I thought that perma-death would be interesting for this, I'll likely allow anyone who dies to make another character, though perma-death would make sense for this.

Also, forgot that there are some more races, locations, etc. That will be included in the RP that you will likely have to interact with. (If you don't know what this game is, you can just google it and find tons of information.)

Please, give any feedback about how I could improve on this.

Last edited by a moderator:
i haven't played too much FTL recently, but i have it and love the game! i'd definitely be interested in joining an FTL rp!

[QUOTE="o 7 o]i haven't played too much FTL recently, but i have it and love the game! i'd definitely be interested in joining an FTL rp!

[/QUOTE]
Nice! If we can get at least one more person I'll set it up.

I'll get to setting one up tomorrow it's 2 o'clock am for me right now

but for now you can see a small map I've made that could be used throughout the RP:

83f77102b1b7d300855d6d7daaf1ca16.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back