Five Days Darkness and Supernatural Martial Arts

Fabricati

Being the god of Calibration sucks.

Being the god of Calibration who is forced to wander Creation because the calendar courts are jerks is even worse.

But still, being able to wander around without much notice does have its perks: apparently, Five Days Darkness has managed to get his hands on a lot of supernatural martial arts, through disguise if not treachery. Current possibilities for martial arts he has learned include all the Five Dragon Styles (Ha!), several of the funner Celestial Styles, and apparently at least the Prismatic Arrangement of Creation form.

What I'm leading up to is his use as a trainer of Solar Exalts and/or student of said Exalts and the problems he might cause thereby.

Further, is there any supernatural martial arts style he shouldn't know? Why?

One of the things he shouldn't know: Prismatic Arrangement of Creation style. No god can learn a Sidereal Martial Arts, as they are too deeply engraved in Creation's nature to step away from it and look at the whole picture.

Also, I was under the impression that he also knew the Immaculate styles, since I remember him enjoying kicking the asses of Immaculate monks and Wyld Hunt with their own tricks.

Quchu said:
One of the things he shouldn't know: Prismatic Arrangement of Creation style. No god can learn a Sidereal Martial Arts, as they are too deeply engraved in Creation's nature to step away from it and look at the whole picture.
Also, I was under the impression that he also knew the Immaculate styles, since I remember him enjoying kicking the asses of Immaculate monks and Wyld Hunt with their own tricks.
That's what I meant by the Five Dragon Styles, as opposed to the Terrestrial Five Dragon Style. >.> Though come to think, He might know that one too!

I considered the last bit as a possibility, since a Bronze Faction member mentions him by name in the comic at the end of CoCD: Yu-Shan in reference to teaching, or aiding in the teaching, of PAoC. Which implies he knows something of the style.

The Immaculate Dragon Styles are the only styles he is stated to know. However, he cold know any MA you deem appropriate. Ebon Shadow being and obvious choice.

Solar Hero Style would be a good one for him. He loves his progenitor's shiny golden Exalts, even though they sometimes discorporate him by accident.

Fabricati said:
I considered the last bit as a possibility, since a Bronze Faction member mentions him by name in the comic at the end of CoCD: Yu-Shan in reference to teaching, or aiding in the teaching, of PAoC. Which implies he knows something of the style.
I think that was in reference to his ability to grant permanent Essence increases. The Terrestrial in the comic was pretty high-Essence-looking and had learned PAoC already, so he probably needed the Essence increase to keep on progressing.

No, he had internalized the sutra of PAoC, teaching him the style itself is what they are trying to do, but you might be right about his essence increaser. Through I believe there is more to it than that

To be honest I wouldn't put it past Five Days Darkness to know Prismatic Arrangement of Creation Style. He is written up as having spent a lot of time having been taught by the Ebon Dragon, who's whole concept seems to be that he cheats every rule. So if anyone knew how to get around the limitation on what martial arts you can learn I would bet on him.

Five Days Darkness never studied with the Ebon Dragon. He never WOULD even if he could learn a Sidereal MA if he did. The Yozi's are an enemy to the UC and therefore enemy to him.

jeriausx said:
Five Days Darkness never studied with the Ebon Dragon. He never WOULD even if he could learn a Sidereal MA if he did. The Yozi's are an enemy to the UC and therefore enemy to him.
Five Days Darkness's write-up would beg to differ:

When the Primordials bid the Unconquered Sun to first flare with alll his glory, his light cut away the strange half-twilight that had covered Creation's half-formed face until then. His brilliance flooded all parts of the world, but it also cast a shadow, as all light, all virtue, must. This shadow fled the light of its creator and hid in the dark places of the world. The shadow suckled at the teat of the Ebon Dragon and learned the secrets of the world.

More importantly, what purpose do you suppose learning a supernatural martial art- or teaching it- would serve in FDD's plans to humiliate the calendar courts?

Currently, my thoughts are that he uses the supernatural martial arts largely as a boon-generator. He'll gladly teach people Terrestrial and Celestial styles- provided they can handle them- in exchange for favors. The more powerful the style, the greater the favors, either in number or in purpose. As a visible example of this, this is exactly the kind of thing he did in teaching Shadow's Grace the Ebon Shadow Style.

As an aside, what happens if Shadow's Grace has been reborn as an Abyssal? :D

He would probably offer similar obligation to anyone who could teach him a useful martial art. Not only does this guarantee the art's immortality, if only as far and as obscure as Five Days Darkness himself is, it would cause yet another reason for him to wander the earth- after all, if you owe someone a favor from a past life, it would behoove one to get off one's butt and find them so as to get it over with. *grumble grumble*

Hm. What sort of boons would Five Days Darkness give?

And what sort of supernatural martial art would actively interest such a being?

Yeah, see the problem is, he never studied with the Ebon Dragon. It was The Shadow of All Things. The Ebon Dragon didn't exist yet. Most likely they hadn't named his Primordial self yet, but the fact remains.

The only styles mentioned in his write up are the Immaculate Dragon styles. However there are a number of other styles that fit his theme. I like the idea of him knowing Arms of the Unconquered Sun style.

The history listed behind Ebon Shadow Style suggests that Five Day's Darkness invented the style and taught it to Shadow's Grace, who introduced it to the rest of Creation. Since he is specifically her sifu in the style...I'd assume he also knows it, at the least.

jeriausx said:
The only styles mentioned in his write up are the Immaculate Dragon styles. However there are a number of other styles that fit his theme. I like the idea of him knowing Arms of the Unconquered Sun style.
I haven't run across that style yet, is it a custom set? If so, where is it?

Fabricati said:
jeriausx said:
I haven't run across that style yet, is it a custom set? If so, where is it?
Glories of the Most High. (PDFs detailing the Incarnae; I recommend them)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back