Literature favorite queer books?

werewoof

elected pathetic man of the day
Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)
I'm big into queer books, and its pride month! so it's all I'm reading right now !
— what's your favorite queer book?​
— additionally, what's your favorite self published queer book?​
some of my favorites include Hell Followed With Us by Andrew Joseph White (a trans rage body horror) and Tripping Arcadia by Kit Mayquist (a sapphic gothic horror with "Eat The Rich" vibes). however, for self published queer books I loved The Bayou by Arden Powell (an achillean southern gothic that left me haunted) and Lily Mayne's Soul Eater series (a guy can love a little monster romance as a treat!)

Moby dick is a queer book?!
It's many things but there is no shortage of scenes barely in or clearly outside of subtext being gay. Queequeg proposes to marry the protagonist, the dudes on the ship tease and chase each other's hands about in vats of whale head matter (Sperm), and there's some other stuff. If just to make his readers uncomfortable for the pleasure of it, Herman Melville really went with it.

It's certainly enjoyed a new pass in the era of queer readings

Moby Dick is so damn queer, the first inn that Ishamel even stops in is a damn dick joke. I love Moby Dick so much lmao.

The Picture of Dorian Gray is another really gay one I like!

The only self published queer book I've read though I think is Soul Eater by Lily Mayne and the writing was a bit too crass for me to get into it. It fit the MC but eh. Not my cup of tea.

The most recent ones I enjoyed are "Someone You Can Build A Nest In" by John Wiswell, and "House of Hunger" by Alexis Henderson

Both are f/f. The former is human/monster, and has a happy ending. In the latter, both are human, but one is very much a monster, and its ending is....well. They do not end up together, to say the least.

The most recent ones I enjoyed are "Someone You Can Build A Nest In" by John Wiswell, and "House of Hunger" by Alexis Henderson

Both are f/f. The former is human/monster, and has a happy ending. In the latter, both are human, but one is very much a monster, and its ending is....well. They do not end up together, to say the least.
i'm in the middle of someone you can build a nest in currently!!!! <3 LOVE evil, monstrous girls (who aren't so evil from a "this is their nature" standpoint)

I am always begging for more people to give me suggestions for queer books, so I'll share some of the ones I've read and absolutely enjoyed recently! (in my customized order of favs based on queerness)

These are novels:
  1. I Wish You All the Best by Mason Deaver
    • High schooler who figures out they're nonbinary, comes out to their parents, and how they navigate the world in a new area, new school, and new friends.
  2. Under the Whispering Door by TJ Klune
    • Grumpy middle aged man dies and learns that the halfway house between life and death is a neat little cafe in the middle of the woods run by the "grim reaper."
  3. The House in the Cerulean Sea by TJ Klune
    • Magic exists and one man who works for an organization to keep magic under control in adoption agencies is tasked to go to one of them to see if it's actually running well. It's a lot cuter than it sounds, trust me. I think there's a sequel that just came out for this one too.
  4. The Song of Achilles by Madeline Miller
    • Sue me, but I actually really liked this one. Retelling of the Achilles story through the perspective of Patroclus. This was the first queer novel I read after queer novels started to rise in popularity and wasn't considered "adult content" anymore, so I sobbed while reading it obviously LMAO.
  5. This Is How You Lose the Time War by Amal El-Mohtar
    • Not entirely focused around the queer genre, but two nonbinary robots in a war against red and blue become enemies to lovers.
  6. Gideon the Ninth by Tamsyn Muir
    • Another one not entirely focused around the queer genre, but the two main characters are women and they, more or less, become enemies to lovers. It's pretty much Murder on the Orient Express, but add magic and kingdoms to it.
  7. They Both Die at the End by Adam Silvera
    • Two guys get a call that they'll die in 24 hours and find each other to spend their last day together. I also cried at this one.
These are graphic novels:
  1. The Heartstopper Series by Alice Oseman
    • Yes, this is the Netflix show. Sue me, but I actually really like the graphic novels a lot.
  2. On a Sunbeam by Tillie Walden
    • Sci-fi theme of a girl who's mission it is to find her first love from boarding school while traveling around space to repair old, but beautiful relics of the past. This is a THICC graphic novel, but absolutely totally worth it. The artwork is gorgeous.
  3. Gender Queer by Maia Kobabe
    • Whenever anyone asks me books to read to understand the LGBTQ+ community better, especially in regards to gender, I ALWAYS recommend this book because it puts into detail the raw, queer experience that words just can't do justice for. Autobiography of a nonbinary person and how e found eirself.
Extensive list, I'm sorry, but I hope I was able to provide at least one interesting novel to your queer to-read list!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back