• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fantasy Fantasy Plots Set In Ancient China (Collab and GMed Plots)

Lillian_4

intrepid explorer
Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)

• About Me:

-I am based in est, 20+, she/her pronouns

-I have been role-playing for around 8 years now.

-I have lazy lit to novella, though it depends on how much I have been given to work with. At minimum, my posts are a solid 2-5 paragraphs and at maximum 8-11 paragraphs. I tend prefer quality over quantity, so what really matters for me is a response with new actions/reactions/dialogue to continue moving things along.

-I am very fond of world-building and can come up with new characters at a drop of a hat.

-I am fond of having diversity within my characters: ethnicity, gender, sexuality, etc. A majority of my characters are queer.

-I am fond of rapid posting and at a minimum can exchange one post a day

-For my active roleplays, I love to make character playlists and share aesthetics.

-I use exclusively anime/digital art faceclaims.

Inspired Media:

-Tian Guan Ci Fu
    -Nan Chan
    -2HA
    -Liu Yao - Revitalization of Fuyao

Xanxia Roleplay Search

code: @s e v e n

Last edited:
About Me
-I am based in est, 20+, she/her pronouns

-I have been role-playing for around 8 years now.

-I have lazy lit to novella, though it depends on how much I have been given to work with. At minimum, my posts are a solid 2-5 paragraphs and at maximum 8-11 paragraphs. I tend prefer quality over quantity, so what really matters for me is a response with new actions/reactions/dialogue to continue moving things along.

-I am very fond of world-building and can come up with new characters at a drop of a hat.

-I am fond of having diversity within my characters: ethnicity, gender, sexuality, etc. A majority of my characters are queer.

-I am fond of rapid posting and at a minimum can exchange one post a day

-For my active roleplays, I love to make character playlists and share aesthetics.

-I use exclusively anime/digital art faceclaims.

Inspired Media:
-Tian Guan Ci Fu
-Nan Chan
-2HA
-Liu Yao - Revitalization of Fuyao

Seeking

Looking For:
-Ages 20+

- A lazy lit-novella writing partner writing in 3rd person with proper grammar. Quality over quantity.

-Someone who wouldn't mind playing side characters as I also will be doing to help bring the world to life.

-An active plotter! I want my partner to also be moving things forward, not just reacting to what I have written.

-An active poster -- if we can get the ball rolling on the roleplay and keep things going that would be great! Looking for a post a day minimum with ability to rapid-post now and then.

-Someone who uses digital art or anime for face-claims. Realistic face-claims make me uncomfortable.

-LGBQT-friendly

To Apply: Let me know which plots interested you, tell me a little about why you think we would be compatible partners, and a writing sample (I will share mine as well).

Collaborative Plots

Two Enemies on a Narrow Road:
This is an unlikely love story of a righteous sect cultivator and a demon sect cultivator. Any meetings between the two are only bound to bring on fighting, and it has, many time over the course of the years as newly inducted fledgling cultivators to their time as seasoned cultivators. This roleplay follows their initial meetings, a few scattered meetings in between then years, then settles into the present, where the two have become established cultivators within their respective sects. Suddenly, the cultivation world finds that there have been many cultivators from both sides going missing, prompting a widespread search, where the two enemies find themselves on the same path for answers.
Keywords: xanxia, enemies-to-lovers, rivals, different sects, horror, mystery, action, high fantasy,
Pairings: mxm, fxf, fxm

The Long and Ever-winding Road:
Cultivation is a long and ardurous process, with many failing to even reach the stage of immortality. Yet such a thing is made all the more bearable by the connections made along the way. This follows two cultivators from different sects on an collaborative night hunt learning they may just find a kindred spirit within one another. This one I have envisioned less of a structured plot and more of a chance to do character studies on some characters.
Keywords: xanxia, ancient china, slow-burn, political intrigue, slice-of-life, action, friends-to-lovers, melancholy, poignance, pining
Pairings: mxm, fxf, fxm

Pardon! This Official Wishes For Retirement!:
This follows an exasperated and overworked Magistrate, who finds himself serreptiously dragged into the shenanigans of a cultivator. The Magistrate has just been assigned to a rather problematic province plagued with all sorts of strange happenings. While investigating these cases, he finds himself bumping into a rather strangely personable cultivator, eventually forcing him to take the cultivator once he realizes the perpetrator of each case is not someone/something he can tackle alone.
Note: I will be playing the magistrate.
Keywords: xanxia, ancient china, comedy, bickering, friends-to-lovers, mystery, crime-solving, horror, action, political intrigue
Pairings: mxm

Narrated Plots

The plots given here will all be narrated by me. For these role-plays, I am flexible on length, it can go from a sentence to several paragraphs as you see fit. The shorter responses may be used for dialogues, questions on what your character may see, or action in combat. I am looking for partners interested in lore, speaking to NPCs, and logistics.

A Fleeting Dream
"To be able to meet and stay together in this transient world is like a dream. It comes and goes, beyond a human's reach."

Set in ancient China, the mundane world is full of chaos and upheaval. Even so, the secular world remains still and serene, often unheeding of said troubles. And amidst the peaceful setting of the secular world, comes a new batch of hopefuls to apply to the great sects. They say that to become a cultivator was the path to ascending to immortality, to rise beyond all trifle mortal worries. And still, the path and price to immortality are steep, with few ever making it far enough. Those who fall off the path face horrific repercussions - to either be branded devil cultivators and hunted down or to die in a tragic cultivation accident. Even so, each new batch of hopefuls boldly proclaims they will be the ones to cultivate immortality. And it is here, we open to a magical new world full of the fantastical elements of spirits, yao, and old gods?

The role you will take on is one of these aspiring new disciples at one of the many available sects. How far will you go? Will you be able to climb to the pinnacle of cultivation while facing joys and tribulations? Only time will tell. This roleplay is more of a sandbox revolving around the journey of a new disciple towards immortality.

The Order
Set within a world where cultivation and stories of yao are thought of as merely stories. However, behind the scenes, during the Jin dynasty, there exists a group tasked with keeping the balance between mortals and yao, and to keep the secrecy of the creature's existence. Your character wakes up in an unfamiliar room, with only the clothing on their person, with little memory of their past, their mind curiously fogged. A man greets them, informing them that they have been accepted and inducted into the Order. From there, you are given a tour of the HQ, and given your first assignment. The Jin dynasty is in its golden age, led by the young and wise emperor. Yet the cases given to you grow increasingly alarming and rumors begin to spread that the emperor has gone missing.
Genre: xanxia, fantasy, mystery, horror, political intrigue

Users who are viewing this thread

Back