• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fantasy and Science Fiction!

Xyshurondor

Logophile

NOT LOOKING RIGHT NOW

Sorry, I'm in 7 roleplays and can't add more without sacrificing quality and update speed! I will remove this tag when/if I have more openings.

----

Hello, lovely roleplayers! Here's the short version:

I'm looking for roleplaying partners with good writing skills. I'm interested in non-anime fantasy and sci fi settings and characters. I'm not particular about my characters' gender or species. I prefer to play as adults and with adults.

Please be willing to share a writing sample or RP link. Here is a sci fi roleplay I'm in and here is a fantasy one, to give you an idea what I'm like when roleplaying on a forum.

And here's the longer one:

What I can offer:

I'm an experienced writer with several novel-length fanfics under my belt. I will play any gender or orientation, although there are types I don't like (I hate playing a stereotypical romance/rescue object of either sex). I have a good work-from-home job and a flexible schedule, so I can respond very consistently. My only unavailable-for-sure time is Sunday morning and Tuesday night.

What I'm looking for:

Most of all, I'm looking for good writing skills and a quick response time. If posts you've made regularly confuse homonyms, commit cruelty to the common comma, or can't be bothered with capitalization, I'm going to decline. Second to that, I'm looking for non-anime fantasy and science fiction. I won't say I would never go for a modern fantasy/supernatural setting, but definitely not in a slice-of-life context. Characters may meet in a house or a tavern (although I'd prefer a ruin or a lonely road), but please, let's get out of there and see some action!

The fandoms I know best are Elder Scrolls (Morrowind, Oblivion and Skyrim, I'd need to do research to go pre-Dragon Break), Mass Effect, Fallout (3 and New Vegas are the ones I've played), Dungeons and Dragons (Eberron, Forgotten Realms) and Shadowrun.

I love original settings, too. I can present you with one of mine, or we can create one together. I love to brainstorm with a partner.

Romance is all right as part of a larger story, but I'm not interested in that being the main aim of the roleplay. Please be over 18 if you have romance-related plots to share. I do not want to play a stereotypical anything, including seme, but there are forms of vampire/demon/etc. that I can still enjoy.

Here's my original fantasy universe in .pdf format. I have a ton of plot ideas for it that I would love to discuss.

Last edited by a moderator:
OhGodOfWriting said:
I'll give you a poke, check out my searching thread below. I fail at aliens just to warn you.
Hi! You're a fine writer, and I've actually looked at your search thread before, I just didn't think we'd be very compatible in terms of style or interests.

Hi there! My computer has been having trouble with Google Docs, which seems to be where your PDF is located. I'd love to hear more about what your thoughts are in terms of fantasy genres.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back