Familar Choices in Second Ed

TrowaVidel

Hi all, long time white wolf player, but I'm just getting into Exalted. I'm liking how open your choices are for making characters and I wanted to make in my Familiar a major part of my character concept... but they don't give many animal templates in the main book...

Are there other templetes floating around or am I going to have to guess are the proper stats if I want to play any animals not shown?

Check out any of your 1st ed. sources... it's not really that much of a chore converting them to 2nd. ed.

when I say just getting into exalted I mean JUST... I never played first ed, but if you think that's a good place to look I might be able to find some of the book for research...

What about your ST?  Does he have them?  what you might want to do is pick a non-magical creature as your totem and then have your ST come up with the stats for it.  Let him worry about the number crunching - that's his job, after all.

I don't have a group or anything... Just making characters I'd like to try and get used to the system ya know. I don't live near any organized role players or Game stores at the moment... a fact that upsets me greatly.

I hate getting addicted to a game and am unable to play it.

Much of the ordinary creatures in other WW games can be brought over fairly easily.  If you want something special, just balance the mental abilities and the physical ones.  Do you want a powerful ally, able to protect you?  Or do you want a smaller but smarter familiar, able to communicate with you and share your senses?

Skinney said:
welcome to being a gamer in Iraq
But aren't you guys living the fantasy out there? Fighting dragons with swords and such? That's what it looks like on the commercials.

I'd trade all my books and dice for the chance to go to Iraq and kill a dragon with a broadsword. That would fucking rock!

Nah, thats only if your an officer in the Marines...and they killed off all those years ago.

Now we have to put up with rules about proper wear of sunglasses in uniform.

Although we do get visited by Chuck Norris. Really. He was here today.

But seriously, I thought the military was lousy with gaming geeks. No?

Yeah, I thought so too. Espically in MI, right? In any other MI company in the world, this would be true. But not in A co 501 MI BN. Nope, I'm the only one.

I almost have one other person interested...he's borrowing my core book now to see what it's all about. I have high hopes for him.

For other choices for a familiar, you would need Creatures of the Wyld, which is out of print, but may be available in e-Book format (PDF).  The Fair Folk Book also has creatures that could be used for more "original" choices for a familiar.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back