• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fandom Fallout: Seattle (Interest Check)

TheEvanCat

Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)

FALLOUT: SEATTLE​

Overview: Owing to the popularity of Fallout in recent months and my own personal like of the franchise, I’ve decided to post an interest check for a new roleplay set in a unique location. Below is a quick overview of the plan.

Characters and Gameplay: Player characters can come from any of the backgrounds below. Characters can operate independently, but it is encouraged to band together and write with others. The roleplay is purely narrative – there are no dice rolls, game mechanics, or other factors besides collaborative writing and storytelling. As there are no dice rolls, writing in a way that makes sense and is considerate to others and the story as a whole is important. The writing expectations are flexible in terms of frequency and length, with the only requirement being at least a paragraph of work in a post.

The Setting: It is 2292, the timeline corresponding with the first season of the Fallout show. All events from the games and the show are considered in this setting. Seattle is a cold, rainy, foggy wasteland that is hazardous to life outdoors in the city. Breached dams, destroyed by the war, have flooded large portions of the countryside surrounding Seattle and Tacoma. Seattle has several points of interest including an aircraft factory in Everett (owned by Boeing in real life), nuclear ship maintenance facilities at Kitsap, Joint Base Lewis McChord in Tacoma, SeaTac International Airport, the University of Washington and its associated science/disease laboratories, and others.

The MacGuffin: A weather control device, a sister project to ATLAS (seen in Fallout 76), is sought after to restore normalcy to Seattle and allow civilization to rebuild. As such, every major faction seeks its control for varying reasons.

The Factions: The major factions from Fallout games and the show can be present in this setting. Additionally, other factions and character backgrounds are encouraged.

Brotherhood of Steel: The BOS occupies JBLM, using it as a launch point to discover the rumored weather control device. They are driven to recover this device by any means necessary, even at the expense of the local population.

New California Republic: Advance parties for NCR expansion have reached Seattle, stationing themselves at SeaTac International Airport. Funding, support, and logistics have been cut off after the NCR’s troubles in California and the destruction of Shady Sands. The garrison there is struggling to reorient themselves, reestablish communication with the NCR, and determine their new orders.

Ceasar’s Legion: While Seattle is too far north for major Legion efforts, scouts could enter Seattle from Legion territories in Utah. Seeking information on northern tribes, they traveled on prewar highways through Idaho and eastern Washington and have stumbled upon Seattle.

Enclave: There are a variety of prewar military installations that Enclave remnants may have a presence at. Additionally, some Enclave personnel may be “retired” amongst the general population as they were in New Vegas.

Additional Information: The Pacific Northwest is portrayed in some canceled Fallout projects such as Project V13. It also appears in mods like The Frontier for Fallout New Vegas. Modded content is not taken into consideration for this setting, but some elements of canceled official games may inspire settings in the roleplay.

Last edited:
Hello there! Considering that I was working on some of this lore with you, I'm definitely interested. I have PLANS.

Last edited:
I am going to work on getting an OOC up soon - been slammed at work today, so maybe sometime in the next couple of days depending on how my evenings are looking.

Thread is live. Supporting infrastructure is barebones but I'll flesh that out as I get free time.

interested. i've posted a character sheet in the appropriate thread

same as Fist Full of Frogs, expired discord invite link looks like. but otherwise if there's still no player limit, i'd enjoy joining

Users who are viewing this thread

Back