• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Active [Fae-See] Sleepy Little Lambs (1x1)

SixSense

Kota
J0QRd0i.png

Titles: Beastman (Mundane), Kitsune, Isekai
Character Sheet

The resolution to the battle of Fort bury left Kota quite shaken. Guilt and anger took up most of the real estate within his head. He could still feel the overwhelming power that Luisa had shown, how helpless he was in that moment. He’s decided to take the time to visit the Fae see and clear his mind a bit, it was his first time within the region and he wanted to take in the splendor before heading back.

The fauna within the Fae See were incredible, enhanced and overgrown due to the strong concentration of mana within the nation. What was even more impressive was the overwhelming amount of spirits that Kota had been able to sense.

“Surround the Little runts! Dont torture them too much we need them alive.!” Thanks to [Heightened Senses] he’d hear a voice in the distance. He’d also pick up on another strange presence in that direction, something felt odd. Without hesitation, Kota would move quickly to the location of the noise. Upon arriving at the seen he would find a battle ongoing. A group of bandits surrounding a much smaller and cuter group of..Lambs?The smaller creatures seemed to be on the losing side of things as their numbers dwindled down to only about 5 soldiers and barely holding on at that.

8bSXiTn.jpeg

“DO NOT FAULTER, STAND YOUR GROUND SOLDIERS, PROTECT THE PRIESTESS WITH YOUR LIVES!” A lamb with a blue tattered cape shouted. The four soldiers beside them were holding on but just barely.

“Just tell us what we want and we won’t hurt you anymore.” One of the bandits grinned, as he held his hand out, a fireball would begin to flicker within his palms before setting ablaze. “Your wool will surely burn if you get hit with a fireball. Talk unless you want to be turned to ash!” The bandit smirked, though in that moment the priestess would move to the forefront with a determined look.

iOAukww.jpeg

“We would never turn on our people! We’ll proudly put our lives on the line!” The sheep woman spouted, “Fine! I’ll beat you within an inch of your life!” The bandit shouted as he prepared to unleash the fireball, the small creatures would shut their eyes as though they were prepared to meet their demise but would only hear the disgruntled voices of the bandits.

Kota had entered the fray, making light work of the bandits though he seemed a bit confused. They didn’t seem all that powerful, was his [Sixth Sense] incorrect? Whatever the case was he’d turn to the small sheep’s to check in with them. As he let down his guard the priestess would extend her arm out to call towards the Foxkin.

“WATCH OUT!” The priestess exclaimed,

Kota would attempt to shield himself but it had seemed too late. Though much to his luck he would find himself in a shield of cotton. The explosion would rattle his body to the core while the sound of the explosion caused a loud ringing within his ear. He would find his heart begin to sink as he felt his body in free fall.

oUPZRIk.jpeg

“W-Wha, AHHH?” Kota sounded out, it all happened so fast. He would then feel a wash of cool water surround him, it was dark but he could feel his body sinking deeper into the body of water, his brain still befuddled. He’d feel the wool surrounding his body begin to loosen up, providing the opportunity to break free. As he was about to swim to the surface, Kota would see two unconscious lamb knights falling deeper and deeper into the body of water.

SilverFeathers SilverFeathers

The Forlini would find the cave to be a short repsite, the orange hue from her body combined with the luminescent mushrooms within the cavern proved to be a guiding light. Without warning, the cavern would echo loudly with the sound of an explosion. Followed by the scurrying small fae critters fleeing from the sound with great haste. They would pay the spirit no mind as the walked past and went through the forlini, occupied with the thought of survival on their mind.

Xanzua would be able to make out the scream of multiple voices followed by a large splashing sound coming from one of the caverns segmented paths which the creatures had been pouring out from.

Last edited:
Xanzua (#f16f1f)
Immediately, Xanzua's first thought was to run.

Ever since her rebirth, the chaotic sounds of battle had haunted her presence here, constantly disorientating her already buzzing head as she floated aimlessly through these endless caverns. She just wanted a moment to clear her head and collect her bearings, but it seemed the land she had found herself on was in the midst of a terrible war. The sights she had seen so far had been unpleasant to say the least, especially once she realized her new form was not as impervious as it seemed.

Hence, why would she willingly head towards the sound of battle and get herself killed?

But she had to admit, curiosity was a damning thing. Though used to having nothing but the company of harmless flora and fauna, a small part of her had long grown curious about the true state of this land. Against her better judgement, she briefly rubbed her reeling temples as she glided forward, gently wading through the little critters passing through her feet. Carefully, she barely peeked one eye round the cavern wall as she cautiously surveyed the scene.

The sight she glimpsed was somewhat strange. Three fluffy balls of cotton were sinking pitifully into the river depths, one of which was quite a bit larger than the rest, but she didn't pay that particularity too much heed. They seemed to be some kind of those beastfolk she had seen on the lands above. Sheep ones. Cocking her head to the side, she didn't feel an urgency to save them, or anyone really for that matter.

But they were very, very cute. She couldn't make out the form of the larger one, as it likely had bigger mass and had sunk farther down, but the other two resembled small fluffy dolls, and that sight vaguely twinged her heart.

Without much more thought, she quite simply floated into the river, her orange glow slightly obscured by the deep blue hue of the water. Watching the pair fall for a moment, she wielded the magic at her fingertips with unfamiliarity, summoning small stone platforms for them to land on to prevent them from sinking any further. She gave up on the larger cotton mass, aware that her lack of proficiency could not save them all. Fidgeting slightly in place as she hovered by their side, she prayed that the little ones would awaken soon, because she was unable to do anything else for them.

Kota

J0QRd0i.png

Character Sheet

The lambs seemed to be sinking much faster than the fox, their metal armor acting as an anchor as it dropped them to the bottom of the lake. Kota would attempt to kick his feet faster but the small creatures were slowly fading out of vision into the darkness of the lake. Kota would grind his teeth as he saw the window of opportunity fading, that was until he would feel a tingle on his neck as his [Sixth Sense ] kicked in, followed by a light emanating from behind.

The cavern would illuminate with the spirit's orange hugh and he would see the sheep pass him by sitting atop stone platforms as they rose to the surface.

Atop of the water , the warm glow that the Xanzua had been providing would bring the two sheep knights to consciousness. The small creatures would begin to cough up water violently before coming to the realization of the situation.

4VDHOeY.jpeg

Stratos

“YOU SAVED ME, YOU MUST BE MY DIVINE SPIRIT” The small creature exclaimed exuberantly in the face of the Forlini. The sheep would bow his head repeatedly displaying immense appreciation. Stratos would notice his much rounder comrade in a look of shock, realizing that he was still unconscious. He would make a number of small footsteps as he looked over to check the knight's pulse.

“He’s still breathing, I know how to wake him.” Stratos exclaimed with a look of assurance, he would toss aside his sword and shield before holding the chubby sheep’s check gently.

“WAKE UP! WAKE UP! WAKE UP” Stratos shouted as he violently slapped the unconscious night awake with their tiny hooves but to no success. “That didn’t work, time for plan B.” Stratos sighed, annoyed but still determined he would reach into a pouch on the chubby knight's waistband and pull out a vial. He would uncap the vial before wafting it under the nose of the sheep knight. Within a few moments the chubby knight would jolt awake.

7bAKWgK.jpeg

Sylas

“BOY WHAT IS THAT, IT SMELLS GOOD!” The sheep exclaimed as he grabbed the vial and took a swig of the sweet snack. It seemed as though he was completely oblivious to the beating moments before. “Ahh nothing like some Dreamgorge honey to lift the spirits! Thanks for saving me big bro Stratos.”

“I didn’t save you Sylas, this guardian spirit along with the Fox warrior came to my aid. They saw the potential within me. You just happened to be there and they saved you as well too because we’re related!” Stratos exclaimed annoyingly, before turning back to the woman and bowing. “Oh great guardian spirit, you humble this little sheep with your presence.” Sylas would chuckle, “That's my big bro, so strong!” Letting the comment of his brother roll off his wool. He would chug down more of the liquid along with any worries he had.

Kota would emerge from the lake shortly, gasping for air as he dragged his body onto land. “y-you, saved them” he muttered as he struggled to catch his breath. In disbelief at the spirit standing before him, A mix of both grace, delicateness, and beauty that combined to display a divine presence.

“Thank you for your help. I would not have made it to them in time. The beast spoke once more as he coughed up even more water before laying on the ground exhausted. From the hole in the cavern ceiling, the sheep priest, the sheep captain, and another knight would float down slowly to the group within the cavern atop a cloud of wool.

iOAukww.jpeg

Shira

“Sylas, Stratos, are you two alright?” The sheep priest called out as they regrouped with their two other comrades. Stratos would nod his head, “Yes, my guardians manifested themselves and saved me and my brother priestess Shira!” The knight would salute with impeccable stance. Once Shira was on equal ground she along with all the other sheep would bow their hands deeply. “Thank you for saving my kin great guardian spirit and Fox warrior. Words alone cannot describe how grateful we are.” The priestess would raise her head, “My name is Shira, next to me with the cape is Knight Captain Samson along with his squad mates Stratos, Sylas, and Sabin” Shira would point her staff at each one to identify each knight. Sabin would give a silent bow of his head.

Her eyes seemed a bit nervous but after a brief moment she would steel her nerves as she faced the two, “I’m sorry to ask you two this but our kin are in a lot of trouble at the moment. We’ve been on a long and arduous journey, we’re all that is left of our squad as the others have been taken hostage at a nearby bandit camp. To make matters worse these bandits took a relic imperative to the survival of many and we need to retrieve it at once or else Warrior Fox, Great guardian spirit. Would you please assist us in retrieving our relic.” She would get on her knees once more along with the other sheep knights, upon closer inspection it was easy to see that their clothes and armor had been heavily worn and their bodies bruised and battered.

Still, their spirits had yet to be broken, Kota knew that if they were to march into this camp that it wouldn’t end well. Whatever the case was with that last guy, he was wielding some rather strange and peculiar magic. If there were more people like that then these sheepkin would be marching straight to their death. He wanted to investigate this phenomenon even more so his answer was a no brainer.

“I’ll help you” Kota would rise up to his feet and give his body a firm shake, his tails would vibrate aggressively as it rid itself of water before idly swaying behind the kitsune. He would look towards the Forlini next to him, awaiting their answer to the question posed.

Sylas would hold up his vial to Xanzua, “if you help us I’ll give you a sip of my Dreamgorge Bee honey! Not too much though, of course you can have some too Mr.Fox warrior guardian.” Sylas smiled as though he offered a deal of a lifetime.

“Those bandits need to hit you in the head once again, spirits can’t consume tangible things dumb dumb!”

“Stratos, Sylas, Compose yourselves!” the knight captain commanded, instinctually the knights would straighten themselves with unparalleled form.

Xanzua (#f16f1f)
Although Xanzua's face did not move at the small creature's exuberant gratitude, she reached a hand out, as if to pat the little one's head, before realizing such an endeavour was impossible for her. Letting her hand fall idly back to her side, she simply nodded.

Watching as the first sheep ball went to wake up the other, she was mildly relieved that both seemed perfectly fine and well despite whatever had happened to them. The peculiar mention of 'dreamgorge honey' remained stuck in her head for a moment. Briefly, she wondered, if she could acquire this 'dreamgorge honey', could she acquaint herself with more of these little sheep? It was a mere fleeting thought and ambition, but one nonetheless.

Xanzua understood that the 'guardian spirit' referred to herself, but the mention of a 'fox warrior' made her tilt her head, before the sound of splashing behind her caught her attention. To her surprise, the largest white fluffy ball she had seen sinking down below was not a big sheep, but a man with many fluffy white tails, hair and ears. How peculiar. Did foxes not eat sheep? For a moment, she just stared back at him, contemplating things, before just giving another small nod. It was nice to see that they had all survived.

Suddenly, more little sheep descended from the sky. It was very strange living in a world of magic and fantasy all of a sudden. She almost wondered if she was still dead and this was all just a dream, but she tried her best to stay grounded in this new reality.

Somehow, her title had grown from 'guardian spirit' to 'great guardian spirit'. But regardless, Xanzua met eyes with each of the little sheep as if to commit their names to memory.

As they all knelt before her and the fox warrior, she remained motionless, if slightly dumbfounded. Flashbacks of watching a spirit similar to herself get disintegrated to ash not long ago flashed past her mind, but, the lure of befriending more of these little sheep made her quite happy. Maybe they'd even let her travel or live with them in the future. She could not avoid the surface forever after all. And after experiencing it once, death was not that scary.

Staring at the sky through the hole in the cavern ceiling for a moment, she looked back to Shira and nodded her head. Noticing Sylas' little offering, she shook her head, mouthing a silent 'thank you' in response. Though she could not speak, it was still surprising how familiar the common language here was to her, as if she had known it all her life.

Xanzua wasn't sure how much help she would be, but she would see how it goes. If anything, she'd probably just light their buildings or food storage on fire, or be some sort of distraction. Though, perhaps her vision of a bandit camp was too grounded in her previous reality.

Kota

J0QRd0i.png

Character Sheet
Mentions: SilverFeathers SilverFeathers

A smile would permeate from Kota’s face, intrigued by the lamb's cute and rather inviting nature. They all seemed eager to get back at the bandits, even willing to enlist the help of strangers. Kota could only imagine if someone cunning and possessing mal intent would have encountered these lambs.

“No need to call me Fox warrior, my name is Kota. Treat me no differently than an equal please as I don’t see myself above any of you, as for you-“ he would point his words as Xanzua, “it seems like you are able to understand us however you haven’t spoken, for what reason I’m not sure but this isn’t the first time I’ve had a language barrier before.” Kota would smirk as he grabbed a few stones within the vicinity and laid them out in front of Xanzua.

“If I may have the honor, I would like to know who exactly I’m talking to, I saw you manipulate the stones within the waters. Maybe you could use these stones to spell your name out for us?”

Stratos and Sylas would inch forward slightly in, their eyes glued tightly to the small pebbles as they were prepared to burn the name of the spirit into their minds for the rest of their lives. Even Shira and Samson were curious as their eyes followed the rocks mindlessly. If she were to refuse and or something prevented her from sharing her name, the group would understand concealing their curiosity.

“Please lead the way Priestess” Shira would grasp her staff and raise it. “Please everyone, gather around me.” As the group would huddle together, Shira began to chant.

“I humbly call upon the lambs before me , may they assist in reaching the heavens. Wooly Cloud!” Shira would command and from the group's feet they would feel a soft and cushiony cloud that elevated them off the ground. Shira kept repeating the chant in order to maintain her focus as the added weight of Kota placed strain on the priestess. Before long the group was back on the surface safe and soundly without hitch.

The large forest canopies once towered above the group again, though this might be a new sight for Xanzua who had spent a lot of time down below. Kota would look back at the large hole behind him before facing.

“I’ll take the lead from here.” The knight captain would step forward, despite his small size his presence was commanding. “Onward soldiers let us retrieve our comrades, Stratos Sylas! keep a tight perimeter!” He spoke towards his knights, Stratos and Sylas would nod before spacing out the area and keeping an eye out for anything suspicious. They’re figures small yet they took their jobs seriously.

“I’m assuming these bandits are the same ones from earlier. I’ve been having a nagging thought ever since that encounter. Why exactly did that human blow himself up and what exactly are they after?”

iOAukww.jpeg

Shira

Shira would furrow her bushy brows at the sight, “The war between the Eastern Empire and Fae See has caused a lot of trouble here on the border. Since we have been seeing much of the bloodshed there has been an increased amount of spiritual activity. Particular spirits who have been attracted by the concentration of negative emotions produced through the conflict though they struggle to properly materialize so instead they seek hosts of sorts to possess. They wish to acquire a permanent vessel within this plane, though in order to do so they must gather more power. They are attracted to my kin because of where we’ve decided to make our home, the Dreamgorge. A place where mana and emotions live in harmony, at least it did until they took what was ours. Now the Dreamgorge is in danger and highly vulnerable because of these bandits and spirits working together and we must retrieve what was taken at once.”

Kota furrowed his brow and placed a hand on his chin,Shira’s explanation corroborated the strange feeling the bandit had given off. “Are you familiar with any of this, Guardian spirit?” Kota asked looking towards the Forlini for any helpful information. Perhaps as a seemingly good spirit, she might possess some knowledge. Kota would begin to feel a tingle on his tails, aggressive spirits seemed to be present within the area. Xanzua would be able to pick up on the danger as well.

“Careful I sense an ominous presence heading our way. We must be close to the encampment.” Kota would move in front of Both Xanzua and Shira, keeping his eyes peeled for what was about to come.

Xanzua (#f16f1f)
Xanzua flinched noticeably as the fox warrior that was addressing her suddenly turned around to grab some stones. She subconsciously thought he was going to throw them at her, before she recalled that she was now intangible and her instinctive fear was unfounded. Perhaps it was because he was so much more 'human' looking than the others that his presence both alerted and frightened her more. Expressionlessly peering down at the little rocks, it took a moment for her to process what he wanted her to do.

Bending down, she thought for a bit before waving her hand, and the stones vibrated slightly before sliding into formation of the word 'Zua'. She didn't see the need to give them her full name, and saving on the extra syllables may be useful for the little guys. Seeing five fluffy white heads curiously watching the stones intently tickled her heart, but she resisted the silly urge to try to pet any of them again.

Floating up after them towards the surface, the sight of the expansive sky and never-ending canopies made her wistful. Drifting and following after the group from behind, she readily studied them at her leisure amidst taking in the scenery. Although she absorbed Shira's words, a lot of it was difficult to process as the spirit had no other context and the differences between this world and her last were vast, especially in regards to 'magic'.

Musing over the odd new link between 'spirits', 'mana' and 'emotions', when the fox warrior's attention turned to herself, she could only shake her head silently. She didn't even know what she herself was. They called her a guardian spirit, but was she really a spirit? When she accidentally cast some strange spell on herself before, she found out she had the words 'Forlini' and 'Fae' attached to herself, but that was all.

Faintly however, she sensed something that suddenly diverted her attention. A wave of eerie displeasure tugged at the core of her new body, causing her to momentarily halt as her gaze swept her surroundings.

She looked at Kota strangely as he stood in front of the group without fear, including herself. Still, she did not hesitate to also float forward, letting Kota take the forefront as he wished, but becoming the second barrier for the little sheep behind her, slightly obscuring them from view with her translucent body. Faint flickers of flames lit her fingertips, as she calmly readied herself for the threat and to potentially just face her end again.

Prior~

Kota
J0QRd0i.png

Titles: Beastman (Mundane), Kitsune, Isekai, Delver, Striker, Floating Fox, Republic Adventurer E,
Character Sheet

The lambs were in awe as the watched the rocks float into place, nicely forming the word Zua for all to see

“Zua, that’s a pretty name. Gives off an ancient and mysterious vibe. Nice to officially meet you”Kota smiled. Stratos and Sylas would mutter the name under their breath as they committed it to memory, perhaps even to their souls. Kota would note her initial reaction in the back of his mind. Unsure as to why exactly she would wince though he found it a bit concerning.

_______

Present

An ominous mist would roll into the forest subtly, giving an eerie vibe as silence fell upon the group. Shira would clench her staff tightly as she stood behind Kota and Xanzua. She was attempting to push her fear down, putting on a resilient front

8bSXiTn.jpeg

Lamb knight Captain Samson

“Tighten the perimeter! Keep your eyes peeled soldiers just like before.” The lamb captain would speak out as he positioned himself next to Shira. “Captain Samson, This is just like what had happened before right before our ranks were left decimated”. From the mist, the sound of boots hitting the ground followed by red eyes popping up one by one. The group would find themselves surrounded.

“Found some buddies huh little lambs?” A rugged man's voice whispered from the distance, his eyes glowing ever so brightly as it came forward. ”That's fine, they can’t save you or your precious kin.” He would come closer to the group, a pleased smirk sat on his lips as he came into view.

dhNwUS3.png

“Apologies for pulling you into our…little game, however now you have to play. If you come along nicely and surrender I’ll make this painless.” Red eyes were still obscured within the mist behind him, adding a layer of intimidation as what or who lay in the mist still had yet to be revealed. The man would look towards Xanzua with a smile, "I'd recommend you put that fire out before someone gets hurt.” He watched as the flames flickered brightly within the Forlini’s palms, yet his expression was unphased, an uneasy calm as though he had something up his sleeve.

Kota would ball his fists up at the sight of the strange man, the sense he had felt earlier more potent than before. Surrender was not an option as he got the strange inkling that they would try to kill them either way.

8bSXiTn.jpeg

Lamb knight Captain Samson

“I stand by what I said to your band, We will never surrender, and we’ll be taking our comrades back by force.” The knight captain would be the first to make his move, for his stature he possessed a deceptive level of speed as he closed the gap on the bandit within an instant.

“WIND SHEAR STRIKE” The captain would swing his sword with conviction, as the weapon arced through the air a violent hum would sound off as a scythe of wind would crash into the man knocking him back into the mist. Another bandit would come into view, giving the captain no rest as he engaged in swordplay.

Kota
J0QRd0i.png

Titles: Beastman (Mundane), Kitsune, Isekai, Delver, Striker, Floating Fox, Republic Adventurer E,
Character Sheet

“I see….” A voice from the mist hummed as the footsteps began to close it rapidly. From the side, Kota would sense someone closing in with Heavy stomps, a large silhouette would appear from the mist preparing a heavy swing that likely would cause devastating damage.

Instinctually Kota would retaliate with an attack of his own, launching a [Spirit Wave F] towards the man staggering the brute in his tracks. While he managed to ward off the initial attack this would send the axe bearer into a frenzy.

“I’ll take this one on, Guardian spirit Zua help the lamb priest and the knights!” Kota called out as he and the axe man disappeared into the mist.

Shira clenched her staff tightly as she stood by Xanzua, with Kota occupied and being left with the great guardian spirit. The lamb priest had felt more inclined to prove her worth when it counted.

iOAukww.jpeg

Shira

“Great Guardian Zua, we are here to assist. Perhaps I can combine my wind magic with your flames to increase our fire power.” Shira suggested as she looked around anxiously awaiting someone to come. Xanzua would pick up on 3 ominous entities heading towards her direction. Their bloodlust was so intense that it was giving off their location giving the Forlini a bit of edge within the fog.

7bAKWgK.jpeg

Stratos

4VDHOeY.jpeg

Sylas

Stratos and Sylas would also rally around Shira alongside Xanzua. “And we can act as a line of defense, ensuring that no one comes close to you both.” Sylas smiled, despite being in imminent danger he still managed to maintain his easy going personality.

Within moments the 3 foes were upon the group, two of them wielding spears with one possessing a sword that glinted a light baby blue and possessed a icy coated film.

Stratos would clash with the spear user, catching each of the man’s weapon thrusts with his shield. “You fools! I am no mere lamb for I have been awakened!” He chuckled as he threw in a few swings of his own inbetween strikes.

Sylas would also engage in combat with the 2nd spearman, standing as a bulwark. The lamb barely moved his feet as he successfully defended himself against each attack. The spearman seemed to be expending a great deal of energy as he relentlessly attempted to skewer the lamb. It was questionable how long he would be able to maintain said level of effort.

The Icy swordsman would cry out as he ran straight for Xanzua and Shira, prompting a reaction out of Shira as wind magic began to concentrate within the tip of her Staff. though she couldn’t pinpoint the direction of the man, she would use his voice as a target and take aim.

iOAukww.jpeg

Shira

“Grace this Lamb with a great wind, produce a gust that will ruffle wool!” Shira would call out a strong gust of wind would begin to pick up in momentum, violently disheveling Shiras robes before shooting off in the swordsman direction in a violent torrent.

OOC: Okay combat has started, will be more so focused on narration as opposed to strict rules so feel free to have a bit of fun.

There are 3 bandits (2 spearman’s and 1 swordsman with a sword capable of ice damage) in total surrounding Xanzua, Shira, Stratos, and Sylas. Sylas and Stratos both are handling a spearman on their own while Shira has engaged with the swordsman firing off a wind spell.

Feel free to ask any questions :)

Xanzua (#f16f1f)

full

Character Sheet
HP: 1/1
SixSense SixSense
Actions:
1: Float forward/move
2: [An Ember's Right] F (Magic F, Componentless Magic F, Fire Affinity F)
The subtle mist, the red eyes and the mention of 'ranks left decimated', were all alarming in their own right. But, Xanzua wouldn't have been begged to come here had straits not been dire, so she was not unprepared. Staring emotionlessly at the man that stepped forth, the Forlini did not move to extinguish her fires. Instead, she actually began to juggle the miniscule flames on her fingertips, almost tauntingly.

Naturally, she remembered her own game plan: distract and draw their ire where possible. After all, one of the only uses she had was her intangibility.

Things moved quickly however as each side clashed, and said bandit was temporarily thrown aside by their little lamb captain. With him leading the charge, and then Kota intervening in what was assured devastation with surprising finesse, Xanzua could only nod heavily at his words. She silently watched the fox man take on and lure away their seemingly strongest adversary all on his lonesome, disappearing into the mist in a flash. A part of her could not understand his unhesitant selflessness, wondering if other motives were at play, but now was not the time to deliberate such matters.

Her gaze flickered as she sensed the three bad omens approaching, but still her eyes remained an icy, lavender calm. She had never fought before. She had never needed to. But perhaps with her apathy and usual cool-headedness, it would be quite suited for her. She looked around faintly, both keeping count of and examining the eyes amidst the haze before they made their presences known.

Watching the silly little lambs charge forth to protect them without hesitation, she wanted to remind them that solely physical attacks would not harm her, but her voice would sadly never come out. Although, despite her thoughts, as the only one left unhindered, the shimmer of the swordsman's ice blue blade could likely be of concern.

Watching little Shira make her move, Xanzua did not believe her range was as extensive as the little priestess, so she floated further in front of the little lamb, standing in the center of the growing vortex of wind accumulating and being sent forth.

The Forlini took a quiet breath, half-turning her body and stretching a finger through the mist, and following the direction of Shira's wind straight towards the enemy's battle cry. Zua had to admit, she had more experience since her rebirth practicing her earth magic, because she wanted to interact with the world more than burn it, but regardless, it was now or never.

A blazing ball of heat converged at her fingertip slowly, drawing in flickers and sparks of sizzling embers, before abruptly releasing. A burning laser blazed forth, leaving a trail of flames in its wake to be carried forth and made stronger by her companion's violent storm. Thin shockwaves of heat rebounded from the central point of the cast spell, flickering through the Forlini's body, but she bore it calmly, as still and expressionless as ever as she awaited the aftermath.

Without much thought, she also wanted to use the other half of her magic to try and crack the earth or grow uneven steps to trip the swordsman up, but as she tried to channel her mana once more, she felt a violent backlash pulse at her core, perhaps even at her soul. It seemed this eccentric 'magic' she had gained could only really be used one at a time, for now at least. Coughing briefly, she temporarily held back her ambitious mind, only in favour of trying to last a little longer to protect these little lambs.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back