• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Realistic or Modern [F4M, Modern Day] Culture Shock.

YaGurlArchy

Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)
Hiya! Before I start the advert I will make this clear: I am NOT looking for smut. This is not a remotely erotic roleplay, I am NOT interested in that. That said, the roleplay will involve mature themes such as substance use, foul language, and religious discussions. That naturally means my partners will have to be 18+. Further, the nature of the roleplay means I'd appreciate a basic grasp of Islamic and/or Saudi culture&lifestyle.

Me and my RP preferences:

Now, I suppose I should introduce myself! I'm a 21 year old woman studying law, with a particular interest in theology and philosophy. I am a literate roleplayer (3-5 paragraph replies), and I'm in a timezone close to GMT. I also love to yap with my partners OOC, and discuss our common areas of interest.

There are three basic things I request from my partners, and I am happy to accommodate similar wishes:

1. I totally understand that life happens - I'm not the sort of person to constantly nag for quick responses. However, I'll kindly ask that you inform me before any long-term absences.
  2. I don't expect my partners to necessarily match my response length (you're more than welcome to, though!), but I'd really appreciate greater effort than just two sentences.
  3. Being open to discussing stuff OOC.

The plot, narrated in-character:

Now, apologies for the boring wall of text, and here is the plot itself:

Anna-Lisa Weber is a fairly average 27 year old American woman. She likes attending her home county's German culture fair to try the beer, listening to punk rock, and playing beach volleyball. She's a civil engineer by vocation, with a degree from the University of Minnesota (that being the state she grew up in). She stands at 5'6 with fair skin and wavy blonde hair. She knows very little about the world outside of the West, her few overseas trips being to Canada, France, and Greece. In other words, she is not someone who would be keen to move to Saudi Arabia of all places. Yet here she is, with a job contract with a Saudi construction firm in tow, on a flight to Riyadh. "Just what got into my mind?" she asks, but it is too late to turn back from a two-year contract. And so, she presses on - or rather, forces herself to with yet another glass of white wine.

And you? You are her Saudi boss - not the head honcho of the company she is now employed in, but rather her direct manager. It is up to you to help her navigate the inevitable conflict between the lifestyle&culture she is used to, and the ones she now finds herself in. Navigate being a polite way to teach her to blend in, that is - as the saying goes, "When in Rome, do as the Romans do."

If you like the sound of this, please do message me so that we can discuss how to move things forward! As a final note I am open to a romance arc but it is not a must by any means.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back