Exalted fanfics?

Gtroc

does anyone know if there is a website dedicated to exalted fanfics?(is fanfic the right word? it is not as if there is a solid cannon storyline to deviate from...) or maybe just to gaming fanfics in general, with an exalted section/area/thingy?

I don't know of one dedicated to such, however the Exalted: the Freedom Stone forums include two forums full of such. The specific forums are Sagacious Writing of Intent and Transcendent Smutforging Prana, depending on whether something is safe for work or not. Transcendent Smutforging Prana also includes a fair amount of artwork of NSFW nature, some of it quite good, some done by profesional Exalted artists. Melissa Uran is one of the moderaters of that forum as well as Harmonious Artwork Meditation, which is the SFW art forum there. The comic that the forums were first created for is certainly long dead, however the boards themself are quite alive. Personally I find their Exalted mechanics section rather less than useful and the roleplay section similarly not to my taste, however the art related sections, whether drawn or written are rather nice. Of course, this is my personal opinion.

I will warn you that art done by Nexus is...ah, less than pleasing to the eye, at least by my own opinion. I'm not fond of boobs bigger than heads and other questionable anatomical choices.

http://www.thefreedomstone.com/phpBB3/

Nexus'... art is an aquired taste... Mel rants against him often thou...   :D

Bunny tails aren't that large. I'm pretty sure it's the whole bunny. The ears and face, well...don't ask where they are. And, I didn't think breasts could be that large without surgery...

Tempted to make an essense-storage joke, if it hadn't already been done a million times

so i just checked out some of the... art ... you were discussing. umm... something tells me that guy doesn't date much outside of mmorpg. Thats a judgement call, I know, but it also rings as true.

glorious solar wedding band/infant/military enlistment to support family helps discern truth from lies. its a level 2 life.

That wouldn't suprise me in the slightest. It might explain the lack of knowledge of the human female form...if one has never seen such in the real world...

I'm working on some submissable fan fic crap currently. will let people know when its ready.

I do write better than i blogg or forum.

Nexus is also... I should note... likely one of the oldest members of the TFS. Older than me when I frequented there, Older than Mel...  8)

On a almost-on-topic note, how good are the official fiction books? I've got a few or them at hand (the ones about Dace, Arianna, Swan and H. Jade), and I'm deciding if I read them or not.

I thought the trilogy was hilariously wonderful! Why must everyone knock it so? So Ratcatcher had infinite continues! So Elizer Wren was nothing more than a parcel carrier! So Yushuv was a twink's dream! So the Neverborn were lol worthy! Still fun books :P

so the trilogy is about the pony express?

as far as i'm concerned, there's only one trilogy, and its the original alien trilogy.

and to go on a tangent, avp sucked and avp-r (coming this christmas, woot) will suck worse.

hows yushkuv a twink dream...

and I took a look at the new sideral book

WHAT THE FUCK!!!

Yushkuvs murdered my Cynis Denovah avaku.

After slaughtering wyld huntsmen like gnats...

am I wrong or is this stupid?

and I took a look at the new sideral book
Yushkuvs murdered my Cynis Denovah avaku.

After slaughtering wyld huntsmen like gnats...

am I wrong or is this stupid?
Yushuv was a Dawn caste. Dace referred to him as a "Lightbringer" which is a sobriquet for the Dawn castes.

The boy in Nexus that Avaku killed was an Eclipse. I'm pretty sure he was Crow the Boy, who is actually a girl, and who has been featured as being killed in several illustrations since First Edition. One of those of him/her being killed by the Roseblack by Melissa Uran.

In Crow the Boy's writeup, she was a street kid (who disguised herself as a boy so 'bad stuff' would be less likely to happen to her) who grew up on the streets of Nexus and exalted then went on to organize the child gangs into a cohesive unit. Crow the Boy is often filthy and dirty looking, just like the child that Avaku kills.

What is it in the comic in the Sidereal book, which I don't have, that makes it so certain that it was Yushuv?

magnificentmomo said:
While on the topic of fiction: Did the 1st ed novels that are advertised come out and if so where they any good?
What books are you talking about?  There is the trilogy that came out early in Exalted's existence, and then there are the six books about the signature characters.

The trilogy was decent.  You have to be able to get past quite a few setting continuity issues, but it was a fun read for me.  There's some good stuff in there.

As for the other books, I haven't read them all.  Day as Dark as Night I really enjoyed.  Relic of the Dawn I did not care for.  In Northern Twilight I really liked as well.  I haven't read the rest yet.

There is only one realistic answer: they don't make enough money.

If Exalted novels were profitable, I can assure you there would be more of them.

A thousand times a thousand pardons for bringing this up AGAIN nearly a year latter

but to PROVE The boy I speak of was yushkuv in the siderals book he Yells "Dace RAITON ANYONE HELP ME!!!"

I seriously doubt theirs people other then yushkuv working with dace and raiton how many solars have that many tutors...

but to PROVE The boy I speak of was yushkuv in the siderals book he Yells "Dace RAITON ANYONE HELP ME!!!"
Yes, yes. And in the Abyssals book, Raiton is working with the signature Moonshadown in looking for the boy's spirit.
Argh, Yushuv was a Dawn caste like Dace in the books. He was referred to as a "Lightbringer". He slew hundreds of Fair Folk with only a few shots from his bow. He smoked an entire Wyld Hunt and nearly ended Holok. He beat the Prince of Shadows. He was made of win and freaking awesome...THEN he gets ganked by one cool dragonblood and a couple of goons in the 2nd Edition book. My guess is that the authors blended two characters together unknowingly. Yushuv and Crow the Boy (who was an Eclipse, that looked like a poor dirty boy, who lived in Nexus).

No way they mixed it, Crow was a girl with one of the coolest art and description in the 1e.

Yushuv IIRC, was a dawn, only appeared in the crappy trilogy including the infamous Ratcatcher who, IIRC too, went from the status of abyssal to a nemissary whom get kicked by Holok, to an abyssal again... and Prince of Shadows died at the end, and resurrected...

And here I was wondering how the cartoonist could've gotten confused :lol:

Coud also be another character we haven't heard of...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back