Evolution

revo

mad to live
This is the OOC thread where we can work together to develop the plot, make character relationships, etc.

Also, just in case you feel like promoting us in your signature here's the ad:

Code:
[center][img=http://i.imgur.com/kZcI3Cx.jpg?2] 
[b][size=6][url=http://www.rpnation.com/resources/evolution.3256/]EVOLUTION, COMING SOON.[/url][/size][/b]
[size=2][i]post-apocalyptic, powers rp[/i][/size][/center]

Just hit the top right icon to use BBCode and paste.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yay! Super excited you like it. It's been floating around in my head for a while! I'm still working on my character's bio and fleshing out any details I may have left out before I make it live. But if anyone wants they're more than welcome to brainstorm with me here! I'll definitely be posting up a FAQ as we go along so we can really flesh out the world more thoroughly. I can't wait to get started!

Yeah. I hope you don't mind if I take my time. Your profile requirements are gonna need it. I don't mean that in a negative way

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nope, I don't. I recognize people might take a little longer due to the writing requirements. But I'm used to writing 500-1500 words a post so... I figured I needed to put a minimum for my sanity and that of those I rp with. Otherwise they'd just laugh and go TL;DR and give a few sentences and that's no fun for anyone!

I get it. I can't stand when people don't post complete thoughts. I may not always write that much, but I attempt to be relevant.

When do you think the rp will be ready. Can we make our Chars right now or when you start the signing up process

I plan to open it this weekend. Probably Friday or Saturday night. You're welcome to sign - up early if you like! =) Welcome!

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Just wanted to post here with my idea for how I'm thinking of starting us out. I think my first post will be introducing a Resistance mission to rescue specs in Oklahoma from a quarantine camp convoy. So some idea for potential characters would be: specs captured and waiting in the vehicle, resistance members attacking to rescue them, radical human group who may or may not attack the convoy during the mission bc they know specs are in there and they want them dead, members of the govt (human or spec traitors / double agents) who are running the transport and trying to keep the specs imprisoned but alive...

How does that sound? Let me know what you all think. This may help you frame your characters.

revo said:
Just wanted to post here with my idea for how I'm thinking of starting us out. I think my first post will be introducing a Resistance mission to rescue specs in Oklahoma from a quarantine camp convoy. So some idea for potential characters would be: specs captured and waiting in the vehicle, resistance members attacking to rescue them, radical human group who may or may not attack the convoy during the mission bc they know specs are in there and they want them dead, members of the govt (human or spec traitors / double agents) who are running the transport and trying to keep the specs imprisoned but alive...
How does that sound? Let me know what you all think. This may help you frame your characters.

sounds like a good idea

So I've got a lot of side plots going with this RP and we can't possibly get to all of them with one thread. I was thinking a group may be best for this so people can make more threads as they like? I've never made a group before but I've started the first phases of setting it up [here]. What does everyone think? I'd still do the main thread we've discussed, I'd just post it there so that all our threads can be together. Anyone who's already accepted can just join the group and I'll be sure to add you to the "character roster". How does this sound to everyone? Please weigh in.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey, my character should be done soon. I decided to redo some things. Good thing this hasn't started yet. I hope.

Not a problem. Just get it done when you can. If you need to come in late that's fine as long as you talk to everyone and figure out where you fit in the thread and the overall plot. =) Can't wait to read your app. I'll hopefully be posting the starter post shortly.

Hey @revo I sent you a message and I am not sure if you got it. Should I just start a whole new conversation?

*tip-toes into the thread*

H-hello?

I'm completely new to this site so I have no idea is this is how things are done... >.<' I just found this RP and totally wanted to join so I figured I'd ask here and see if you have room for one more? I have my character partially written up just in case!

Am I completely in the wrong place? I looked around and saw that rooke said he wanted in in this thread so I just thought I'd jump in and try my luck!

Sorry I just don't really now how this sort of thing is supposed to be done around here haha.

Of course we have room for more. We actually moved the whole RP over to it's own group here. Go read the Sign up! thread in that group and then send me a PM with a link to your character in the character gallery, I'll review. Also request to join group and when you're accepted I'll add you and you can start posting. We have our first in character thread up right now. =) Still time to make it in the first round of posts.

I think I figured out how to send a PM >.<' Character's done barring any changes you might want me to make :)

Bump. We're still accepting new writers! Feel free to check out our group in my sig. =) 

Yziel said:
I think I figured out how to send a PM >.<' Character's done barring any changes you might want me to make :)
Yziel said:
Welcome to the rp. Let me know if you need anything!

Alright @rooke @Harbinger @LadyMatsudai @Effervescent @Wolf0fArtemis @Yziel @Reon of the wolves @subjectTOM @Antoine and anyone else I missed... I have an announcement. In case you missed it the group system has broken entirely. I will be able to recover our threads at some point I hope... As for now we have two options.

1. Continue our threads here. We'd have to make a "new RP" for every thread we want to have that takes place in the "Evolution world setting." We would not have our threads grouped together and this would be harder for me to manage.

2. We sign up on the forum http://www.roleplay.zone which will be shortly merging with RPN with the same names we have here. See below for my convo with Dark Wizard.

Me: So our RP had more than one thread running... I'm not sure how I should simply move our content over to the current system. It'd mean I have to start several RPs that are all for the same world/overall RP... Suggestions?
Dark Wizard (RPN Admin): What I would suggest is to sign up at http://www.roleplay.zone with your current RPN names and make your forum there, since the system we will be bringing over is fully functional on the other site. If you use the same usernames, it will all be successfully moved over to RpN when the merge happens and RpN absorbs the zone.
Obviously I favor one, but it's a pain for you guys to have to re-register just for this RP. So let me know what you all think and we'll take it from here as a team. I'm honestly frustrated bc of all the time I spent writing up the content for the group, but I'm sure I'll feel better once they allow me to salvage our content. These things unfortunately do happen. So let's make the best of it, eh? Please reply and weigh in with your thoughts!

Personnaly, I don't mind having to register to roleplayzone, especially if it makes things easier for the threads (assuming that they have a similar group system that they had here). But it could still crash when the sites merge or there could (maybe there won't) have problems for a (short) while.

As @revo mentionned, keeping things here would be complicated, having many threads to watch. So I think it comes down if we want to take the risk and create another account on roleplayzone (maybe there isn't supposed to be any problems, but I prefer to have that in mind) or if we want to keep it relatively safe here.

In my opinion, we should stay here, but if I'm told that everything will be safe and that there should not be any major problems when transfering the other site, I would totaly go for the simpler way and sing up on roleplayzone.

Antoine said:
Personnaly, I don't mind having to register to roleplayzone, especially if it makes things easier for the threads (assuming that they have a similar group system that they had here). But it could still crash when the sites merge or there could (maybe there won't) have problems for a (short) while.
As @revo mentionned, keeping things here would be complicated, having many threads to watch. So I think it comes down if we want to take the risk and create another account on roleplayzone (maybe there isn't supposed to be any problems, but I prefer to have that in mind) or if we want to keep it relatively safe here.

In my opinion, we should stay here, but if I'm told that everything will be safe and that there should not be any major problems when transfering the other site, I would totaly go for the simpler way and sing up on roleplayzone.
I asked him about your concerns and he said:

Things won't crash during the merge, but honestly what ever you guys want :)

Ultimately everyone will be on RpN using the new system, they aren't groups, those are actual forums. Like how General Discussion is considered a forum.
It seems pretty safe. I won't say that backing up your threads in word isn't a good idea... but as safe as any online forum can ever be. Here's the beginning of what could be our RP on RPZ. Check it out and see if it's something you could get used to.

I'll try to get an account but I only have my iPhone currently. (Computer got a virus) but I understand the dilemma

Users who are viewing this thread

Back