Essence

Jakk9000

Double Luck
Hi, I was wondering what are ways to regenerate essence faster? To me it seems like 4 essence every hour is kind of slow.

resting multiplies essence regeneration by 2 I belive, having dots in cult increases it depending on the rating, being in a manse you're attuned to raises it and having the hearthstone of an attuned manse touching your skin or socketed in a weapon/item you're attuned to adds to it too.

there are other factors like certain times of year (calibration) and where you are (shadowlands etc) that multiply it too

apart from that, stunt like a mofo really

Hearthstones. They give you motes at the rate of x2 of the level of the manse per hour no matter what you do. If you combine that with meditation, you get back a ton of essence per hour. But the nice thing about the stones is that you get the points back even if you are in the middle of hard pysical activity.

Also, the Lunars have Charms that give them back essence upon successful attacks and damage done to an opponent. Off the top of my head I don't know if there are charms like that for the other classes of exalted, but it is likely.

Sherwood said:
Also, the Lunars have Charms that give them back essence upon successful attacks and damage done to an opponent. Off the top of my head I don't know if there are charms like that for the other classes of exalted, but it is likely.
The only other ones for Solars I can think of is the charm that allows you to gain essence back by being a ruler and doing ruler-y things. Abyssals have the mirror of that charm that lets you go around doing wholesale slaughter and gain essence from it. There is also the abyssal "Ravenous Mouth of (Ability)" general charm that lets you gain essence back whenever you damage someone with that ability. There are probably more though but those are all I can think of.

In anycase: A cult that worships you also provides you with essence, and successful stunts also provide essence.

With the approval of your ST a new Charm can be made up in the right tree to take care of Essence recovery.

solars have a resistance charm called Essence-Gathering Temper that lets you get essence back when you take damage, there's a charm in the violet bier of sorrows style called joy in adversity stance that gets you essence back when you don't get hit.

Just remembered that the Abyssals have a archery Charm that can siphon motes from the target and feed them back to the shooter. An example in the book is that if you combo it with Burrowing Bone Maggot (i think) it will continue to do damage and feed the shooter motes until the target dies or removes the arrowhead.

Sherwood said:
Just remembered that the Abyssals have a archery Charm that can siphon motes from the target and feed them back to the shooter. An example in the book is that if you combo it with Burrowing Bone Maggot (i think) it will continue to do damage and feed the shooter motes until the target dies or removes the arrowhead.
If we're talking Abyssals, using soulsteel weaponry is the way to go for recovering essence...

strawberryleaves said:
If we're talking Abyssals, using soulsteel weaponry is the way to go for recovering essence...
You don't get the motes the weapon drains unless you know the Void Avatar Prana Charm and have it active (or was it Dark Messiah Form?).

Well, even without that Charm, you are sucking motes from your target with each hit with those spiffy Soulsteel weapons, draining their power to use against you.

Thanqol said:
Water Dragon Style, Theft of Essence Method.
Anything else is cheating.
this, much like the cake, is a lie.

The motes stolen using theft of essence method may only be spent on more water dragon style charms.

Which is why I prefer to use Hungry Ghost Style. Combine it with a Terrestrial, and Power Reaping Prana will make your players wish that he wasn't powering his semiperfect defense with their motes.

Smeggedoff said:
Thanqol said:

The motes stolen using theft of essence method may only be spent on more water dragon style charms.
Why would you conceivably have any charms that are not part of Water Dragon Style?

Thanqol said:
Smeggedoff said:
Thanqol said:

Why would you conceivably have any charms that are not part of Water Dragon Style?
duh, earth dragon's where it's at :P

oh, are we being serious now? in that case Violet Bier of Sorrows is where it's at, seriously my solar's not even at the form charm and kicking ass.

Yes, Water dragon style is pretty cool, I'll be taking it if my solar bites the big one (mainly because I called my Lunar Crashing Wave before even reading the charm names) I just have a soft spot for any martial art that lets you swing round a hammer bigger than you are, plus, TET-SUU-BOOO!

Thanqol said:
Smeggedoff said:
Thanqol said:

Because you don't want to be a one trick pony.

Thanqol said:
Because you don't want to be a one trick pony.
You do if you want that trick to be killing anyone you want.

Heh, actually, I've never met a Water Dragon practitioner who I couldn't beat down. Really, no character is unbeatable. They all have a couple weaknesses. A good ST will find them, make a chisel shaped like them, and hammer that chisel with dual-wielded grand goremauls if that player gets cocky.

Smeggedoff said:
oh, are we being serious now? in that case Violet Bier of Sorrows is where it's at, seriously my solar's not even at the form charm and kicking ass.
Yes, Water dragon style is pretty cool, I'll be taking it if my solar bites the big one (mainly because I called my Lunar Crashing Wave before even reading the charm names) I just have a soft spot for any martial art that lets you swing round a hammer bigger than you are, plus, TET-SUU-BOOO!
The best thing about Lunar Water-Dragon Stylists (I'm playing one) is your weapons have +6 accuracy +6 defense. And on that note, I named my Earth Aspect Immaculate Tepet Tetsubo.

I'm considering taking the first Violet Bier charm and walking away though.

Heh, actually, I've never met a Water Dragon practitioner who I couldn't beat down. Really, no character is unbeatable. They all have a couple weaknesses. A good ST will find them, make a chisel shaped like them, and hammer that chisel with dual-wielded grand goremauls if that player gets cocky.
I believe, since Exalted is about playing demigods who are destined to rule the earth, some cockiness is necessary.

But I agree. Despite having a base Parry of something like 11 when I activate my form charm, a single Unblockable attack is going to mess up my day. Exalted's surprisingly self-regulating like that.

Thanqol said:
I believe, since Exalted is about playing demigods who are destined to rule the earth, some cockiness is necessary.

But I agree. Despite having a base Parry of something like 11 when I activate my form charm, a single Unblockable attack is going to mess up my day. Exalted's surprisingly self-regulating like that.
Isn't that what bottomless depths defense is for?

Smeggedoff said:
Thanqol said:

Isn't that what bottomless depths defense is for?
Haha yeah, enjoy your aggravated damage.

um...kay?

option A) enjoy your aggravated damage

option B) enjoy your instant death

lets see...hmmm, tough decision...hmmm

I'm just sayin' it's not sustainable for prolonged Exalted deathmatches where they bring in real perfects. Unless you're a Lunar and have a million billion health levels.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back