[Emperors of the Fading Suns] [Emperors of the Fading Suns] OOC Thread

JayTee said:
You will, I think, be needed to help fund the XP portion of the project. While I can understand Xarvh's reasoning, I'd like to put my own XP towards developing my charms and skills, not just magitech and genesis projects.
That was a given since we even pay for the artifacts we found in one of Agatha's deposits. ;)

Indeed.

The XP cost is not for the stuff you build, it is for additions to your Backgrounds.

Oh, so basically I'm just being used as a justification for all the background dots others will buy, and that I only pay for stuff that I use myself. If that's the case, then that's totally fine.

Pretty much.

That and the fact that there is a limit on how much busy you can get (which for now I'm happy not to think about).

xarvh said:
Pretty much.
That and the fact that there is a limit on how much busy you can get (which for now I'm happy not to think about).
Don't worry I won't ask much, I already got plenty of shiny trinkets I carry around with me all the time, although you can raise the following question : is there such a thing as enough bling ? :rolleyes:

I suppose I should be thankful that I'm a minimalist, then. Most of my projects are going to be things that affect cross directly. Possibly the surrounding landscape.

The petty thief is becoming a pimp already.

I'm trying to imagine Malek with a shocking-pink dress and a huge shocking-pink hat and feathers, with white leopard seams and the rest hidden under orichalcum chains...

Kacie said:
Sorry, I've been pulled onto a new project at work, and juggling three projects plus moving cubicles is taking it out of me. :( Good news is I like my new project (which is good, because eventually I'll be full time on it)!
Feantari -- Where's your previous work experience been? I hope you get the Space X job! I met Laura Crabtree while we were both getting a MS in Sys Eng at USC; she's working at Space X on Dragon, but I know there's a lot of people at Space X so chances are small that you've met her.
I'll be sure to let you know if I meet her! Haven't yet.

Test of the new dice thing

[dice]92[/dice]

[dice]93[/dice]

xarvh said:
The petty thief is becoming a pimp already.
I'm trying to imagine Malek with a shocking-pink dress and a huge shocking-pink hat and feathers, with white leopard seams and the rest hidden under orichalcum chains...
Big Daddy's home :D

The new roller uses a lot of screen estate, but seems otherwise very neat.

There's no option to roll for mortals (ie, 10s count as a single suxx) but who ever rolls for mortals? =D

Hmmm I wants to try it

[dice]97[/dice]

I went blind from overexposure to pure awesomeness for a second :D

xarvh said:
The new roller uses a lot of screen estate, but seems otherwise very neat.
There's no option to roll for mortals (ie, 10s count as a single suxx) but who ever rolls for mortals? =D
Actually if you hit the damage check box that should do it for you.

Damage can't be fumbled. But yeah, once you can see the single die it's not a big deal.

Online dice rollers rob Exalted of one of its great pleasures: Rolling staggering numbers of dice.

Therefore, they are terrible ;)

I think maybe you are forgetting the mobility penalty? But 's fine for now. I'm not sure you can get rid of it normally, but your spell seems to be able to give you the benefits of the magical material if you make it out of the right light. But its day time so I think that doesn't work at the moment?

Oh, and the penalty for attacking a person sized thing (-3 successes). (Wonders of the Lost Age pg 140)

I'd forgotten the person penalty - will apply tonight when I'm not waiting for a plane to board.

Didn't forget the penalty - I assumed we were in the evening :/ . Suppose we should decide that?

Also: New dice roller is horribad on mobile site.

Ok, poof! Let it be evening!

I'm convinced they just don't give a rats ass about the mobile site. The navigation is terrible and many of the features don't play nice. And the navigation thing has been on the list for a long time now.

Haha.

Well, this is PvP so it's better to use the verifiable roller, but otherwise you guys are very welcome to roll your RL buckets of dice. ^_^

Also yes, it's kinda evening.

Probably the fact that my wife works morning hours, and I work late evenings. Given that I'm a dedicated husband (and the morning person amongst us), I have to wake her up. So lack of sleep and long hours worked leaves me exhausted all the time.

Is a Wyld Steam basically just a bottle of Wyld energy?

Also, my wireless is out at home so my posting will be slow, sorry

It's literally hot steam, but stubborn, volatile and rather opinionated, especially when it comes to the laws of physics.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back