[Emperors of the Fading Suns] [Emperors of the Fading Suns] OOC Thread

The cables are coming from the guy's back of the neck, it seems some sort of soulsteel implant.

They are travelling through the floor and attaching themselves at the factory's controls and diagnostics.

What would the artifact rating for a silencer for the shellcaster be? My gut tells me something in the 1-2 range, as that's the typical rating for lesser/utility artifacts.

Depends, what would be the mechanical benefit?

After you establish surprise, any attack will give you away to your victim.

But with an Artifact 1 silencer, Per+Aw at diff 1 would be needed to realize that you shoot, and Diff 3 to get your approximate direction.

Sorry, I've been pulled onto a new project at work, and juggling three projects plus moving cubicles is taking it out of me. :( Good news is I like my new project (which is good, because eventually I'll be full time on it)!

Feantari -- Where's your previous work experience been? I hope you get the Space X job! I met Laura Crabtree while we were both getting a MS in Sys Eng at USC; she's working at Space X on Dragon, but I know there's a lot of people at Space X so chances are small that you've met her.

Well, then with Artifact 1 you have something that is already better than bow and arrow, since the direction an arrow comes from is always pretty obvious (assuming that you hit something).

I'm mostly interested in making sure that the massive KABLAM from the Shellcaster is not longer a thing I need to worry about for a stealth mission.

Unless I've just been assuming it makes a loud gunshot noise and you've ruled otherwise.

Excellent, thanks. If my research on artifact creation times is correct (no way in hell am I doing all that math on my own without checking), then I should be able to make that within a week or so.

You will need the magitech lab first.

Once you have that an Artifact 1 shouldn't really be a big deal so no Project required, but remember that it will cost you 3 xp.

And yeah, thanks for not making assumptions. ^_^

World as Workshop lets me ignore the need for a... workshop, which is useful for a Twilight on the move. But wait, I need to pay XP for things that I make? :confused:

Well the basics are simple:

Base difficulty = artifact value +2 (in this case 3)

Dicepool = the lowest of Dexterity, Perception or Intelligence + Craft + modifiers

Threshold = 10 successes

Interval = one season (84 days)

Craftsman needs no tools divides the inverval by a factor of 3 (1hour = 3 hours of work) and reduces it to 28 days.

I haven't looked up your sheet, but if you can pull this off in one week, I'll tip my hat to you sir :)

Ok, disregard the need for a lab.

Yes, I brutally enforce a cost of 3xp per Background dot, because I want to add some inertia to characters' power up.

Remember that in this game you get 4xps for a 2-dice stunt. -_-

You don't need XPs for non-personal stuff.

Siham has Essence 5, which means he works 3x5 = 15 times faster, rather than 3

That's 6 days.

I was just about to post that, but longer, and with more numbers to showcase it.

EDIT: Technically it's 5 days, as Exalts round down. (84 / 15 = 5.6, rounded down is 5)

JayTee said:
I was just about to post that, but longer, and with more numbers to showcase it.
EDIT: Technically it's 5 days, as Exalts round down. (84 / 15 = 5.6, rounded down is 5)
Well then at worst it's 10 days of work if you fail to gather 13 suxx on the first roll... that is quite awesome :)

I take good note of that and will prepare my shopping list soon ! :D

xarvh said:
In other news, Dex is horribly overused in Exalted. -_-
And understandbly you rarely see a Lunar without a Dexterity Excellency :)

cyl said:
I take good note of that and will prepare my shopping list soon ! :D
You will, I think, be needed to help fund the XP portion of the project. While I can understand Xarvh's reasoning, I'd like to put my own XP towards developing my charms and skills, not just magitech and genesis projects.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back