[Emperors of the Fading Suns] [Emperors of the Fading Suns] OOC Thread

A number of us have MA as the combat method and have picked up War out of necessity. Malek is more training focused, Flicker is Lunar mode war, Argis is both trainer and officer type dude (who can boost any leader's war), Rhapsody has war and the excellency. As for MA, I think everyone except for you and Mirror use it. Idk what other people plan on moving towards in that direction, but Argis wants to be a sifu and set up a school and all that.

And Malek encourages him to do that... so he can train them afterwards to be proper ninjas ! :P

Huh, I guess Shen 1.0 wouldn't fit well in this game, then. Oh well, I'll just leave things the way they are now and dump some XP in to Medicine when I get enough. That should take care of things.

Yeah, I know, I just didn't find the time to post and am confused on whether to split the scene or not.

I hope to post today. =|

Ok, waiting for JayTee, Wlf, Kacie, Norts.

Also JayTee: Siham really really REALLY need Old Realm as a language.

Feel free to go into XP debt for both that and Medicine.

Also, I don't think I am tracking XPs in the "XPs and awards" thread. -_-

Sigh. I'll fix that.

Don't mind me, I'm just going to be over there, facepalming at such a dumb oversight on my part. >.>

I'm sort of really tempted to just have Argis walk all the way down the tower and out the door... >.< I debated so hard between picking up the gliding charm and the ranged counterattack charm and apparently picked incorrectly.

Feantari said:
I'm sort of really tempted to just have Argis walk all the way down the tower and out the door... >.< I debated so hard between picking up the gliding charm and the ranged counterattack charm and apparently picked incorrectly.
The tower is relatively short, so you could probably hoof it.

Or some spectacular stunt. Grab the neomah to break your fall, or if you can see dematerialized things, the agata (sp?) that's always near by, or just some sort of Wire-Fu descent down uneven stones.

That last was my probable other course of action, but I've been too wiped out to really get into it. Hopefully that won't be lasting much longer. I'm anxiously waiting to hear back from SpaceX after an interview tuesday.

LOL, you applied for SpaceX?

This is insanely awesome! (envy envy envy!)

Let's cross fingers and run a macumba on the other candidates. =D

xarvh said:
LOL, you applied for SpaceX?
This is insanely awesome! (envy envy envy!)

Let's cross fingers and run a macumba on the other candidates. =D
Hehe, I'm not sure how many there are really. This was my second on-site (with a department head this time). So I think at least the team that is hiring wants me? Would be to work on thermal control systems for the manned dragon capsule.

The internal thermal control? As in "prevents the astronauts to freeze/burn while in space and during re-entry"?

May I ask you what is your training, Feantari?

One option I have regarding Medicine and Linguistics (aside from going 16 XP in debt) is to drop the dodge and Firearms stuff and put all the dots in to melee, then use that as my offense/defense package. This'll give me enough leftover skill dots to buy medicine up to five and buy linguistics 1 for old realm.

Granted, I've already modified my character enough post chargen, so I'm not sure if further modification would be acceptable. I'm not going to complain either way, but it's the simplest option on the table.

Dunno, Siham doing Melee would be very out of concept for him.

In general, I prefer not to change things that have appeared in the game already: Siham has already used his firearms and I think it would kill suspension of belief if we retconned that.

Siham has Medicine and Linguistics already so they require no training.

In this game XPs come fast, you may very well get those 16xp at the end of the current scenes.

xarvh said:
The internal thermal control? As in "prevents the astronauts to freeze/burn while in space and during re-entry"?
May I ask you what is your training, Feantari?
Part that part other thermal issues/systems (and partly thermal systems, like one of the guys in the group is primarily working on the air handling system and such).

As for me, ME/AE BS degree and 5 years experience, 4 in a particularly relevant area.

Siham Melee in this case would be more along the lines of "I have a short Daiklave for self-defense, but I'm outclassed by a dedicated fighter", rather than "I am a warrior-sage, fear my wrath!"

But yeah, your call. :)

When the ST says "just take some xp debt", you smile and say "yes sir, of course sir, thank you sir" :)

You'll probably end up with the xp to bring things in line in not too much time. I wouldn't worry about changing things too much.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back