[Emperors of the Fading Suns] [Emperors of the Fading Suns] OOC Thread

Kacie said:
Essence manipulation is Occult, not Lore.
And a Factory Cathedral probably needs Craft, Lore, and Occult. -guessing on that, since I haven't read Dreams of the First Age, or wherever it is they discuss the details of a Factory Cathedral.
Essence manipulation is both Lore and Occult.

Occult manipulates spiritual essence (spirit charms & Sorcery), Lore is for raw essence manipulation (essence transfer, crafting stuff from the Wyld, thaumaturgy and also operating technology and First Age device).

To build wonders with a Cathedral you need Craft, to maintain it you also need Craft, but you can't operate it without Lore.

Wrote them out just for kicks.

Essence Solderer: Like a real world soldering iron, save that this is intended to make solid matter more receptive to enchantment

Five Point Focusing Crystal: Acts as a lens for essence of all kind, accelerating enchanting process

Kinetic glove: Allows to work "hands off" by telekinetically suspending tools and material a few feet from the user

Genesis sphere: A sterile container for the organic matter that comprises a genesis craft.

LOL, just to be clear, when we have some nameless enemies I give them stupid OOC names to keep things practical.

There is actually no Fire Immaculate called "Carb". =D

Argis has now caught up to Malek on the Limit track.. things could get pretty interesting with that combination...

What is Argis's limit trigger? I'm curious as to how see the combination; Malek has red rage of compassion, but I don't know how Argis reacts.

Compassion also. "Compassion drives the children of Danna'd to focus on those things they seek to nurture to the exclusion of all else. The go to extreme lengths to protect these things, forgoing other tasks - and sometimes drowning them."

It might to take me a little longer to get a post up. My house is for sale and there are going to be people popping in and out day, so I have to not be here when they are. Sorry for the delay.

It is a Craft ability, but it requires Lore and Medicine at I think at least 3 to learn it, and then it can't go above the lower of those two ratings. It's the only reason my guy has medicine at all.

Feantari said:
Argis has now caught up to Malek on the Limit track.. things could get pretty interesting with that combination...
Oh don't worry about that, I'm pretty confident Malek will bust his limit in Lookshy pretty soon.

He's a very flawed character that way... in a "normal" context that doesn't suck as bad, but a city conquered by the undead tends to generate a lot of limit points.

It is probable that at one point in the near future he blows his cover and stands up drooling from his mouth and growling just to run after bad guys to get himself - and most likely others - killed.

So much for ninjattitude then...

xarvh: Thanks, I appreciate it.

I have to be honest, after reading about Shen I've become inspired to make a character similar to that. Would maxing out all my Caste Abilities and putting some dots in to Presence, MA and War step on anyone's toes?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back