• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Futuristic Earth vs the Flying Saucers - Alternate Timeline

Mitheral

"Growf!"
Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)
AD_4nXf3eC57bNHo8g5in6zVRVu3tP7saOoCCU4MsAtJnexjNpJzD2mwbESfGZUaAu0dLYuZDDuArcsLdVSar-__Z_Z8FmljBKNdCNDjfjQNUX_oevQ5QiunVrKYPGJOoDB9ugNmo_XD3D7MZL02jo3gWrZnRDFO

Earth vs the Flying Saucers
Please read THIS version of the RP first. This is an alternate timeline of the first RP in which the Greys alter their plans for invasion, choosing not to make demands, but come in peace.

Much like in the original plan the aliens will initiate contact with a human scientist. SETI would be the organization of choice.

In this version, the aliens will have begun their invasion long ago, with scouting missions, gathering intelligence and exploring our weaknesses. This would explain all the sightings, cattle mutilations, and abductions. After some 250ish years they have finally arrived in force. Only in this version their scouts have reported that humans fear what they do not understand. And we attack what we fear. They have advised diplomacy and cautious disclosure.

Despite their technological superiority, the aliens do have some hurdles ahead. The most important is that their resources are limited. It took 80 years for their fleet to arrive. We have the home field advantage - and there are billions of us. Humans likely outnumber them at least 1000 to 1.

Characters
This will very quickly turn into a militarily controlled scenario. Civilians will quickly lose their function unless they are at the top of their field with useful skills in a war. But here are some useful character types:

SETI scientist
High Energy Applied scientist
Xenobiologist
NASA astronauts
Combat Soldiers (These should be elite: Commandos, Seals, Rangers, best of the best, and mainly commanders.)
Psychics - Very rare, but possible. But this ability will come with a heavy price.

You may also create some NPCs for your characters (wife/husband, kids, etc). We can probably use some NPC politicians, cops, etc.

Yes, you may create a second character. But please keep both active as much as possible.

About the Aliens
Spoiler: The number of the aliens is limited. Their fleet will seem vast when it is discovered. But the fact that they are using such a vast fleet implies that this is an all-or-nothing invasion (unless they are doing this everywhere).

Speculative Biology of the Greys
Grey Psionics
UFO Types

Note: I am going to leave a considerable bit of data to be discovered in the course of roleplay. Yes, I have thought this through. I chose to introduce the psionics with caution to avoid breaking the RP. Precognition, for example, would be almost mythological, the rarest ability the aliens might have. It might even be a lost ability.

Psionics may be their greatest advantage. It is not something humans can just steal and reverse engineer. But their psionics has its limits.

Alien Strategy
I am using the term strategy very loosely. For all their intellect, they have their limitations. They have debated the problem for some time. In the end it was decided that they would select a single location at which to make their desires known to Earth. Earth provided it, in fact.

UN Headquarters
405 E 45th St, New York, NY 10017

They will land an Abductor Class ship over the circular pool just inside the security entrance in front of the HQ building. (An alternative site would have been the grassy field to the NW of the UN Visitors; Building.)

Human Response
I want the Human Response to be decided by the members of the group (not necessarily their characters). This applies to even before the Aliens land at the UN.

How much will the government tell the Public?
Will the US military attack? (Before or After the arrival.)
If the Aliens get to address the UN, what will the response be?

Antagonists
There are those in the government and even big business who advocate distrust. That is, the Greys are NOT to be trusted. Look at history. What has always happened every time a more advanced culture encounters a primitive one. This time Humans are the primitives.

Plot
Assuming the group doesn’t opt for a pre-emptive first strike, the story will begin with scenes at the UN building in New York. Get ready for some “shocks”. They truly do come in peace and with a warning. Earth was invaded long ago, thousands of years ago, and the natural course of human history altered by another alien race. The Greys are at war with them. Reptoids. Humans know them as the Anunaki.

Note: Yes, I have some fact files on Reptoids and their abilities and technology. Earth has become a battleground, a prize to be fought over by two alien races.

Posting
3rd Person Past Tense
Literate to Semi-Literate
Multi paragraph (I tend to have posts at least a page in length).
I understand real life, but if you can’t commit, please don’t join. I’d prefer that all members be able to post no less than weekly.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back