Duel Wielding Help

GraySky

Okay, so I know that using your off hand imposes a one die penalty, but what benefits do you get from using a weapon in both hands? Does the rate stack, or what?

Each weapon has its rate applied individually. Also, for a more realistic use of dual-wielding, the off-hand weapon may be one with a higher Defense, so your good hand can be used for hurting, and your off-hand can keep you safe. Also, stunting and looking cool.

GraySky said:
Okay, so I know that using your off hand imposes a one die penalty, but what benefits do you get from using a weapon in both hands? Does the rate stack, or what?
Mainly one can be defensive while the other one can be offensive.

(using the best speed/accuracy bonus for the attack, and your best PDV for your defense)

Picture a guy with a rapiere and a main gauche.

Rate does not stack.

Actually, you are, in fact, wrong, Cyl. As pg. 143 Core says,"In the case of attacks, a weapon cannot be used in a flurry more times than its rate." This in no way prevents you from using another weapon, or taking additional non-attack actions in your flurry. Also, on pg. 373 Core, Rate is defined as "Rate: The maximum number of attacks the weapon can make in a single flurry." Again, the weapon is limited, not the character. If you have a sword in one hand, a knife in the other, and feel like kicking someone...you can. Going all out on such flurries is likely to mean little of actual use happens, unless extra action charms are involved, but, you have that option, and particularly against extras, it can sometimes even be useful, or at the least, flashy.

I'm sorry, I understood the question as: do you add your off hand rate to the main hand ?

But yes, you can make a maximum of (Rate) attacks PER weapon in a flurry.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back