• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Multiple Settings Dream's Intro Thread and General RP Search

Dreamer99

Dream's Intro Thread and General RP Search

Hello. I may be called "Dream", "Dreamer", or "Morpheus".
("Morpheus", as in, the god of dreams, not the guy from The Matrix.)
It isn't exactly where I got the name from, but I am currently reading The Sandman, if you are curious.

My Personality / My Interests
I have some interest in anything weird, spooky, and surreal.
Maybe some dark fantasy also...?
I have what might be called a very cynical perspective on the world. At the same time, I try to maintain a positive attitude.
"I'm just your friendly neighborhood goth girl!" (Lol.)
But, contrary to the stereotype of avoiding the Sun, for me, I actually love the Sun!
I love nature. I love plants and animals. (That being said, though, I generally do not like being around pets and/or obsessive pet owners...)
I don't know if I will get along with everyone here. But we can at least try to respect each other and each other's boundaries.

Me As a Roleplayer
Anyway. Concerning roleplay.
I am a novel writer and, I suppose, "advanced literate" roleplayer. That being said, I don't require the same level of writing
from you! What I do require is that you be a kind and attentive person, and that you be available with some regularity.
I would prefer at least one paragraph once a week for roleplay, or more if possible. And maybe just chatting for a few minutes every week...?
Within each person's limits, of course.

Disability Warning
I am going to say, I am severely disabled. I have health issues that may affect my ability to communicate.
So please be patient with me. If I don't say anything for a while, please ask me if I am OK and if I am still interested in a roleplay.
It might be the case that I was busy that week, or I was dealing with some health issue, or something.
I am a very sensitive person. I have severe anxiety. Please be kind to me.
If you say or do something that upsets me, I may find it difficult to respond to.
That being said, I will try my best to communicate. I will try my best to tell you my needs.
I will try my best for stuff related to scheduling.

Looking for Friends / Trigger Warnings
More than just roleplay, I am looking to possibly make some friends here!
Well, that might be difficult, given that I am "neurodivergent", but I'll try.
I have a friend-first approach to interaction. What this means is, if you don't feel like roleplaying on a given day,
and you just want to maybe chat, that's OK!
I am a good listener. I am a very caring person. Of course, please use trigger warnings before you bring up a sensitive topic;
and I'll try to do the same for you.

Gender Stuff / Regarding Any Possible Romance
I want to emphasize that any possible romance would be optional in my roleplays, and I expect the same from you.
That means please respect my consent and boundaries.
I'm sorry if this is too harsh, but, if you are only interested in having me fulfill some specific fantasy,
and you do not care about me as a person, then do not interact.
I take romantic roleplay as seriously as a real relationship.
If you do not feel the same way, then I am not interested in doing that type of roleplay with you.
As far as romance goes, I would only be interested in other girls as writers.
If you finish reading this whole post, please include the words "green leaf" in your first private message to me.
For characters, I can play either FxF or MxF, with me as the male and the other person as the female.
For general roleplay, I prefer playing with female characters and writers, but I can consider males as well.
(Please PM me if you are transgender.)

Genres for Stories
Pretty much any genre (other than romance), I could possibly try. It just depends on the specific story and if I like the people involved or not.
Slice of life, comedy, fantasy, whatever. I am familiar with anime and such in addition to classic literature, so if you want to reference something for an idea, then go ahead.
I am gonna say, I am very specific when it comes to horror. I am not interested in something with excessive violence for no reason.
And I do not want someone doing something just for shock value.
Meanwhile, however, I think "aesthetic" horror and "gothic" fiction can be very cool. So please message me if you have anything in mind like that.
I do particularly like realistic science fiction and/or historical settings. If you just want to chat about worldbuilding, you can message me as well.

Conclusion?
Well, this first post is getting a little long. So, I'll put more information in the replies down below.
About my favorite series, and whatever else.
For the sake of keeping this thread organized, please, do not comment directly on this thread.
Instead, please privately message me. Please tell me some basic information about yourself, including your name, age, gender, etc.
And let me know what kind of story you might be interested in.
If you just say "hi" with no context, I might ignore you. Sorry.
Thank you for reading!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back