• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fantasy Drawing-based RP: Fantasy

YoGoat

Unlucky Member
Drawing-based RP: Draw your role play responses. You may choose numerous types of formatting, including images plus some written text, panel/comic styles, etc. You do not need to feel pressured to do more than just sketches. Much like how written role play is a great way for writers to practice, drawing your role play is a great way to practice your sequential drawing. It encourages you to build scenes, practice expressions and angles that you may have otherwise never tried to draw. As this is such a collaborative experience, the idea is to draw a LOT to increase drawing pace, which is so critical for sequential work!

Fantasy: I want the setting to be a normal world where your own made-up species (or existing species) can live. I want to let people be creative. But, also modern! Though I'm open to consider other time periods. Imagine your fantasy setting where humans live here, and werewolves live way over there. Fantasy exists and humans have to deal with that!

Plot: Open to suggestions! But my general idea is that I want to be your "bad guy" and your all are a "team" to defeat "me". I want to create that one common bond all your different types of characters share to bring ya together and form friendships or enemies! My Bad Guy did something mean to each of your characters. Whatever that is, you/we can decide as we figure out what's going on. I want to give you guys a really fun challenge!

But I'm also open to the idea of faction vs faction! Let me know your thoughts!

I'd be interested, it'd be a really good opportunity to get some meaningful practice in. I can't guarantee my participation, but I would like to put forward a tentative yes. My art style is pretty cartoon-ish, and I can probably do linework for most posts, coloring a few if I'm really into them. I'll warn you that I'm not very good, I've a long way to go, but I can provide samples if you'd like. Looking forward to seeing where this goes!

The downsides to this would be the frequency of posts and consistencies. How fast one can post, dependent on their drawing style, and are they able to keep up with doing so for the long run, as well as their art style?

I'd imagine this project to be something like Into the Spiderverse, but with many OCs, and they all share a common nemesis or goal, so to speak. I'm totally down for that!

Hey, I really like the Idea! My camera isn't that good, but I could use this as a excuse to finally make the lineart in my computer again! (Long story)

So. A few questions: YoGoat YoGoat
1. When will the RP starts?
2. Will we have a Discord OOC?
3. Any guidelines we need to follow through with, aside from RPN's rules?
4. Anything else we need to prepare for, in terms of posting and frequencies of posting-commitments?

There's still a bit I need to consider regarding the story. If people would like me to play the bad guy you all unite to destroy, I'm cool with it! I'll design a huge monster and obstacles! And I heavily encourage everyone to have had some kind of relationship with this bad guy, or some kind of contact/conflict to create DRAMA.

I'm pretty laid-back, I don't plan to have any particular rules outside the typical. It will be the individual's responsibility to keep up with the pace everyone sets for the RP. I want it to be fairly quick-paced, since I do push for improving speed-drawing for sequential arts.

No discords or anything, the RP and it's OOC-chats will completely take place here so no one is isolated or left-out-of-the-loop.

I'll be brainstorming the badguy. Do you guys have any suggestions for what might be fun? :) I'm thinking of a young man who has an enormous monstrous form.

There's still a bit I need to consider regarding the story. If people would like me to play the bad guy you all unite to destroy, I'm cool with it! I'll design a huge monster and obstacles! And I heavily encourage everyone to have had some kind of relationship with this bad guy, or some kind of contact/conflict to create DRAMA.

I'm pretty laid-back, I don't plan to have any particular rules outside the typical. It will be the individual's responsibility to keep up with the pace everyone sets for the RP. I want it to be fairly quick-paced, since I do push for improving speed-drawing for sequential arts.

No discords or anything, the RP and it's OOC-chats will completely take place here so no one is isolated or left-out-of-the-loop.

I'll be brainstorming the badguy. Do you guys have any suggestions for what might be fun? :) I'm thinking of a young man who has an enormous monstrous form.
FIVE HEADED DRAGON SPITTING FIVE DIFFERENT ELEMENTAL BREATHS

And preferrably an army of robots with all kinds of guns.

I'll keep my eye on this for now but I don't have any plot ideas atm. Does it have to take place in an urban fantasy setting?

Actually I have a question. Is it ok if I triple in this RP? I actually have three characters I would like to use, though they might not all be in frame at the same time...?

Interesting, I've never come across a drawing bases R-P, would like to see how this pans out. I'm an artist myself, but imagine that thee panels and drawings would be lineart based rather than full illustrations?

!!!

Super interested!

Quick question though: what if we're interacting with another person's character..? Since we can't exactly assume their character's reaction to draw (or can we) in the same sequence? Would we just draw the panel of our character? ...That now actually seems a bit obvious typing it out but oh-- what if they're in the same panel..?

Could you clarify, please, how things might go down if it isn't too much trouble? ^ ^;; (And if I'm making any sense. It's a little late in the night atm.)

I hope this one doesn't die out, I'd love to see it come to fruition. Consider me interested.

Interested!
Maybe for plot the main characters are all in a city and have been wronged by a cult and they're all tryna take it down?

Aight 5 ppl so far. I'll write up a proper setup next week and tag everyone I see here.

tldr for now:

A world of swashbuckling adventures, wizardry and evil beasts. The Kingdom of Man is threated to be destroyed by the lands of evil. In order to win the war the kingdom summons a group of young people from our world, who will be treated as heroes despite being quite ordinary. The rp will revolve around the group's journey to defeat the demon lord and complications that arise from that. You have the option of being a summon, a person from that world joining the party or a spy of evil forces.

If you want to keep things fresh, we can actually start right before the big battle with the demon lord. That way we can skip the formalities jump right into the cool stuff.

- It is the kind of rp where you will need to put your characters into trouble yourself to keep things interesting.
- Posts can be a mixture of writing and illustration, *nods* see what works best for you.
- We can figure out post frequency and size as we go.

Tis a good time to talk about the things you want from the rp. Ideas, thoughts, suggestions, doubts, plans. Let me know!
(preferably before the thread is up haha)

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back