• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Dragons!

Fangs9090

Total Video Game Nerd
Supporter
So, as the title suggests, I'm looking for a roleplay involving dragons. Before I go into details, a few things to mention. First, I'd like a little bit of grammar so I'm not straining to read your posts. Second, I like detail but I don't demand paragraphs. As long as I have something to work with I'm fine. That's about it actually. On to the details.

So, I have some ideas already, though it could use some work, but I'm open to other ideas too. Just keep in mind that I would prefer to play the part of the dragon, if not my character would be an anthro animal of some kind. It's also fine for both of us to be dragons if you have an idea for that. Anyway, here's the ideas I have:

Dragon's have long been believed to be ferocious, vicious monsters. At first, they were simply misunderstood, but now many have become like the monsters they're rumored to be simply to protect themselves. Few people are able to fight a dragon and live. You, however, have a different skill. You're able to subdue and command them, as well as communicate with them better than most people. This is the story of you and the dragon that you chose to be yours to command. You can give whatever reason for how or why you can deal with dragons like this.

Your character is a dragon breeder. He makes a living breeding and selling dragons. His prized breeding dragon (my character) is a very rare dragon capable of using all the elemental powers, where dragons normally only have one power or sometimes two. However, a new king has acquired the throne and he's a notorious dragon hater. It's not long before he issues a decree to have all dragons killed. The breeder and his dragon are forced to run.
EDIT: I feel like I should clarify something here. The whole dragon breeder part of this plot is really more of a backstory and a way to explain why this guy has a dragon and why they trust each other so much. The actual "breeding" part doesn't have to be used at all if you do want it to.

Ah...something about a massive dragon whose head alone is roughly the size of a house and a little girl tagging along with the massive beast for whatever reason. I'm open to play either role. (If I play the girl though, she'll be anthro.)

This one is similar to the others, but it is a different idea that will play out differently. Dragon Master's are a thing. They can communicate with and befriend or subdue dragons. Your character (female) is a new Dragon Master. She's just finished training but has yet to actually try to get a dragon do as she says. As she's out wandering and looking for a dragon, she gets incredibly lucky and stumbles upon and very powerful dragon who happens to become smitten with her on sight. Despite his incredible power and her lack of skill, he obeys and agrees to follow her willingly. And from there, we'll have to come up with some plot device to keep the story going.

Those are the only ideas I have for this, but again, you're welcome to send more ideas my way. If you're interested, have any questions, or want to share an idea, PM me or comment below.

Last edited:
Sounds like a twist on Eragon :)

Did you want to play the dragon, and the other person play the female "dragon whisperer"? Haha!

Sounds interesting.

pandification said:
Sounds like a twist on Eragon :)
Did you want to play the dragon, and the other person play the female "dragon whisperer"? Haha!

Sounds interesting.
I actually wasn't thinking of that. I'm not familiar too with Eragon anyway. And yes, that's what I intended. If you're interested, could you send me a PM so we can talk out some more details?

Zer0 said:
Hi, I'm interested! Do you have a partner for this role play already?
I do, but I wouldn't mind doing a second one if you're interested. PM me and we can talk it out.

Once again looking to do this, except this time I'd like to try playing a female dragon. So, I'll be bumping this up to see if anyone's interested. You're free to have your character be either gender, by the way.

Darkiplier said:
No romanse ?
Yes, I know. It was intentional.
That depends on how well the characters interact. If they get along well enough for it, alright. If not, oh well.

Fangs9090 said:
That depends on how well the characters interact. If they get along well enough for it, alright. If not, oh well.
No dragon x human ? Please. I don't wanna dragon x human, it's ugly.

But I'm surely in.

wait

What about human x human ?

Darkiplier said:
No dragon x human ? Please. I don't wanna dragon x human, it's ugly.
But I'm surely in.

wait

What about human x human ?
Considering this is for a dragon rp, I would rather use a dragon. An like I said, romance is completely optional. I'm perfectly fine with not doing it at all.

Sounds interesting so far, still.

What about action ? And what sort of other creatures do we have ?

Darkiplier said:
Sounds interesting so far, still.
What about action ? And what sort of other creatures do we have ?
The action depends on what happens in the story, but I am a fan of action and adventure so it's very likely to occur, one way or another. And in regards to creatures, well, pretty much anything you want. Some things may require an explanation as I'm not familiar with everything. But yeah, I'm not one for putting limits on fantasy creatures and races and such.

Ah, yes, this is still open. Sorry for not responding sooner. I'm still gettin used to the new site. Anyway, if you can PM me, we can talk out some more details.

You bumped it right as I finished the lore for my roleplay (which DOES have dragons) so I thought you replied to it ;-;

Users who are viewing this thread

Back