• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fandom DOOMTOWN! ✣ 1x1 search

numskulls

🍓🦢❤️‍🩹🌫️
Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)
My Interest Check

Gravity Falls

fandom 1x1

password: blanchin'

image.png

Welcome to Doomtown!
PLEASE READ BELOW

i'm interrupting my regular scheduled programming of going to work, rotting in bed and playing stardew valley in favor of bringing you this niche little indulgent thread. i'm numskulls or nel (any pronouns), a twenty-something college student suffering from chronic daydreaming and childhood nostalgia. i took an enormous hiatus from this site for the better part of four years due to some personal stuff, but i found myself missing the community and ruining my sleep schedule. with summer winding down and my obsession with a twelve year old show rearing its ugly head, i have a hankering for some creative writing-- and i thought that it would be a good time to look for some writing partners again!

ABOUT ME
៚ i am a literate writer. i swing between writing a small novel of 1000+ words and barely writing more than 400 words on any given day, but quality over quantity has always been a phrase i take to heart. i typically like to mirror the length of my partners, but the more interest i have for a plot/character, the more i tend to write. anything but one-liners for the sake of the story.
៚ i work part time five days out of the week, with my off days being wednesday and friday. this is subject to change, since college will be starting up again in the next few weeks. that being said, i make a goal to have at minimum one reply per week. patience is appreciated.
៚ my timezone is est, but i try to be active as much as possible. that being said, i'm 100% ghost friendly! just please give me a heads up before doing so, the last thing i want is to end on a sour note.
៚ my writing preference is third person, past tense only. first person feels too much like my high school diary and second person makes me feel like I'm following a cookbook smh.
៚ communication is key for me. i really love talking to partners, whether that's about our characters, getting to know one another, extending the plot, etc. promise i don't bite. i don't like to be too serious outside of in character posts, i love cracking jokes about our characters, sharing memes and headcanons, making playlists and pinterest boards, aesthetics, and the like!
៚ in most rp settings, i lean towards writing diverse characters! as a member of the lgbtqia+, i’m comfortable writing regardless of the pairing and encourage you to share your preferences! that being said, i enjoy diversity in my writing and regardless of the genre, making my characters feel genuine.
៚ i LOVE indulging in side characters and using them to help pad out our own characters and to add to the rp itself. i think that it adds dimension to the story-telling aspect of writing and helps me get more involved with the rp.

MY HARD NO'S are major age gap romance, no mabel x robbie, dipper x wendy or dipper x bill pairings ( . . . did you even WATCH the show you freaks? )

ABOUT YOU

𒀭 please be at least eighteen years old. ( all characters written are expected to be 18+ as well! )
𒀭 a minimum of at least one post per week. again, i understand that life can get in the way of writing, and as long as you're honest with me, this rule is completely flexible. i just ask that you do the same for me.
𒀭 be able to chat ooc with me! dms to me that simply state "i'd like to rp blah blah blah" and contain no substance or introduction on your part or talk of any of your interests will probably be deleted. sorry. if i feel like we're not compatible, or can't have a conversation, i probably won't be interested. i also tend to prefer talking over discord (and rp over rpn preferably), but anything can be arranged! make sure to reach out with mentioning the password "blanchin'"
𒀭 i prefer writing with realistic face claims and/or written descriptions only. if you prefer using artistic and anime-style face claims, we likely won't mesh. character sheets are heavily encouraged (but not needed!) and i will likely be making my own as well.
𒀭 as long as we can respect each other's boundaries, we can create something great!

PAIRINGS
please feel free to reach out with your pairing ideas!

OC 𐄂 CANON
CANON 𐄂 CANON
OC 𐄂 OC​

PLOTS

below are some of my post-canon gravity falls ideas, including what character i would prefer writing for in bold, but they're they're short and open ended to leave room for us to collaborate.

SHAKE THE DISEASE 𓂂 MABEL PINES x OC/CC
#plug a little weird but she cool #f4a #supernatural #murder mystery #coming of age #rom-com bullshit
── Mabel Pines was peculiarly accustomed to pretending to be someone she was not.

It started on Sunday mornings at church, and ended when she was selling marijuana on Monday mornings with that same smile on her lips ( as if she couldn't hurt a fly ) — the biggest liar in all of California who fought for see the bright side of things.

And the truth is, she supposed there were worse things than hiding from your parents that you were terribly closeted and that your college GPA could depress anyone, at least she thought it didn't compare to the dread that bubbled in her stomach when she found out that his best friend— her brother— had been named as the prime suspect in a murder and that everything she had known for years was going downhill to the point where she didn't even recognize the small town of Gravity Falls she had come to love.

Okay. So Dipper wasn't perfect, but he was no killer. I mean, who were they kidding? Mabel had always been the twin to kill the spiders above Dipper's bed, chase out the raccoons who slept in the rafters of the Mystery Shack— sure, he wasn't #1 brother. Not after he abandoned her in California for what was supposed to be a gap year ( turned three ) to study the oddities of Gravity Falls. But Mabel had never regretted a decision so much in her life if she hadn't been the one to follow him, and upon her return, townsfolk started looking for her as if they had gone back to the Inquisition era full of stupid prejudices — that's when she realized that the reality she knew could take uncomfortable turns.

She might be a professional liar at this point in life, always expecting the unexpected, but she had to admit that it caught her completely off guard when she firmly believed that she would spend her summer before her junior year holed up in her bedroom, hating everyone else and saving up enough to run away from Piedmont as soon as she could, far from solving a murder worthy of the Twilight Zone with a familiar face from the past.

Was it too much to ask for a good GPA, money, and to be noticed for once?

BLOOD OMENS 𓂂 CANDY CHIU x OC/CC
#save me weird pretty girl save me #f4a #vampire x vampire slayer #jennifer's body but make it a 2000s-esque rom com (same thing tbh)

When Candy Chiu became vampire food on a Friday night, she knew her whole life was over.

As she bled out in the alley with a handsome man biting her neck, she didn't think it would mean the end of her life so literally — at least, not when she had to hand in her Biochemistry report next Wednesday.

When she died, however, she knew immediately that she was not cut out for immortality and the stupid lack of Vitamin D, nor for feeding on strangers in an act that seemed as personal to her as the rest of her kind, detaching herself from her humanity as if it had never been hers.

In reality, throughout her existence she always knew that she was destined to an early death, to rot underground following the common chemical cycle that most living beings followed, but never something like having come back to life the way she did — Less holy than it was usually read, and eternally cursed for the rest of her existence just for having chosen to follow her instincts instead of her brain.

Fate was cruel to the unfortunate, because now she belonged to the night, and the creatures of darkness did not have time to deal with the futile problems that used to torment her in her days of humanity, less when she had just given in to the temptation of blood; everything was going down a sea of bad decisions that she could not stop making.

It was fair to say that yes, she was officially going through the worst moment of her entire immortality: she had recently declared herself the trash of all of her species and on top of that, she not only had to deal with the constant hunger that settled in her stomach, but also with not ending up killing each and every one of her close friends due to hanger, something she never thought would happen to her. She was spending almost too much money on sunscreen at this point and wasn't a fan of the connection she shared with animals who, like her, felt more comfortable in the dark.

Well, to be honest, she wasn't a fan of anything vampire— the blood, the hunger, the poor, sad pile of dead squirrels she was adding to a hole in her backyard.

Maybe the endlessness of life was a good thing. Something she tasted on her tongue more pleasantly than the warmth of blood. Maybe an immortal life was one worth living, one accepted by the sleepy town of Gravity Falls, save for the vampire-obsessed newcomer breathing down her neck.

MORE TO BE ADDED​

doom

♡coded by uxie♡

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back