• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Realistic or Modern Doll House

TerrorKitty

◢ Kitty ◤
Helper
Supporter
Things are not always as they seem in the town of Greenrun.

Seemingly normal the town runs like any other. The you play, and the elderly tell tales. Though the tales told here are unlike any other. They speak of an old mansion, just beyond the woods, at the top of a hill. Abandoned and worn, the mansion seems as if it could collapse any day but it never does. You won't see any animals on the estate except for an occasional realistically sculptured statue. The inside is dark, smelling of old wood, overtaken by bugs looking for refuge the large house is usually avoided, but every once and a while, anywhere from 1-13 girls are drawn to this mansion, exploring and searching for the secret of this land. Weeks later always, they disappear, never seen again, until the next few girls visit the estate, always talking of clues and hidden messages. The mansion, although without any living souls, is home to dozens of dolls. All life size. They even say the dolls positions move every few days. They seem out of place in the house, polished and shiny, like new toys right out of the package in contrast to the bleak and gloomy scenery.

To those who visit the Doll House, they must follow a path in the woods, every tree along this path is littered with the missing posters of the previous girls who vanished trying to find its secrets. There even rumors that the Dolls upon inspection, look just like the missing girls.

Are you ready to follow in their footsteps and become lost forever? Or expose the truth of this cursed land?

Kathy sat down at the lunch table next to Emily Aldaine, the only friend she had made so far, having just moved here. "Hey, I wanted to ask some questions about that old house in the forest? My grandpa kept going on about it being haunted and crap but wouldn't tell me more. Silly isn't it, a haunted house full of dolls? Its probably Just some creep making figurines based off all those goddamn missing posters.." Kathy said all in one breath. She kind of hoped there was something to it, definitely something to investigate for sure.

@xDreamCloudx

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Amanda stood stiffly in front of the large table on the top floor of the mansion. She and her close friends were having a tea party on the 2nd floor while some of the newer or more distant dolls were socializing around the house.

She held a plastic cup in her plastic hand and smiled. "Its almost time for our new guests to arrive, Aurora, will you please get some new chairs?" she asked cocking her head to the side.

@DarknessSpirit

Last edited by a moderator:
Jade stared out of the window, looking out to the front lawn with a small smile on her face. Hearing that it was almost time for new guests, she silently made her way into the dining room where she saw Amanda. "I love new guests!" She said happily as she took in the setup of the table. "This looks absolutely beautiful," she told the girl, her posture never changing from its natural stiff state. The only thing that did have any natural movement to it was her long red hair.

Emily smiled sweetly as she saw Kathy sit down next to her at the lunch table, but her expression changed as Kathy spoke. Sighing and taking a sip of her drink, she tried to look the new girl in the eyes and managed to get the words out of her dry throat.

"I don't know." She stared at the window, wishing she could avoid the subject that had been on her mind for months since the disappearance of her friend who was yet to be find. "I'm really curious about it. I mean.... it's strange isn't it? That many girls just don't disappear, do they? They must be linked, and the Dollhouse is the only explanation I can find." She felt tears in her eyes, but wiped them away. Emily didn't do sad; she didn't like to show her emotions deep inside, but she couldn't mask it with her pink-lipped smile forever. "I researched the disappearances for ages and I can't find another explanation. Ever since my friend went missing, I, I..."

She found herself stammering, unable to speak about it. Taking deep breaths to relax herself, she

continued.

"Look, I want to investigate it more than anything. I've had sleepless nights thinking about those dolls and those girls. Loads of nightmares. But I'm so, so scared Kathy. What do i -? You know what, I don't want to talk about this now. Could we change the subject? I promise we'll talk about this some other time where it's more convenient."

Users who are viewing this thread

Back