• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Zombie-esque roleplay? [Strategic or character-based]

Lorsh

Varlot
Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)
This takes place in a fictional universe called "Overcast."

I'm fine with any level of posting. However, that doesn't mean I appreciate ridiculously short posts. Nor does it mean you should expect me to be a scribe.

This is a choice-based roleplay. I do my best to remain as the impartial overseer of fate during your journey. I will provide other characters for you to interact with, and use dice/reasoning to decide the outcomes of your actions. You have the possibility of dying, if you happen to make particularly bad decisions.

OPTION 1:
This is about a year and a half after the initial outbreaks, and many infected have died off since. Your character is the leader of a community of survivors, and you must make more or less "good" decisions in order for your group to prosper, or at least survive. I keep track of a lot of information, such as the names of every survivor, their relatives, what weapons they have, what supplies are being stored, etc. You can work towards a variety of goals, and face various challenges. There is a mixture of character-based roleplay and strategic decision making.

OPTION 2: This is set during the initial outbreaks. This option has simpler gameplay, but it is easier for the player character to become directly killed. You start off as a civilian, who has to deal with the collapse of social order. Infected are generally stronger and in greater numbers than they are in Option 1, due to the time the roleplay takes place. Most of this roleplay involves ground-level problem solving, direct combat, and character development.

These are just general ideas-- they're flexible, if you want to talk over things.

Romance can be a sub-element, but the roleplay will not revolve around it. Talk to me about this as well.

Last edited by a moderator:
I wouldn't mind playing in either of these scenarios....do not think I would be a leader type though as in head of a group but more the caretaker or cheerleader type.

I would most likely play myself since in zombie apocalypse games I play usually someone very similar or exactly like me. As for romance would love for that to happen....I am very much a fan of pretty much every kind of story but if there is no romance in it or variety of characters I tend to lose interest. If we started at the initial outbreak would there be more than zombies or when you say lone survivor are we talking the I am Legend feel which I really can't stand for hours.....I mean starting sure but Army of Darkness or Evil Dead the Series are perfect examples I talk bout where characters are not just the generic enemy.

I suppose "lone" wasn't a good way to describe it, considering you start off in a populated town or city, albeit one in the middle of an infection crisis. It just means you have to obtain companions, unlike in Option 1, where you already start off with a bunch of them. In the early outbreaks, there's plenty of infected and survivors.

Last edited by a moderator:
Currently at work but would love to start off trying to gain companions....maybe I am working as a singer/waitress at a club or at cheer practice when it starts

Alright so I am home now....was curious if you wanted me to make a char profile and submit it or just jump into rp right off the bat.

You seem to really wanna do alot of these, Silas. Don't forget me in the tons of threads.

*Child Voice*

I'm still your favorite, right?

"a lot of these"

you're the only person at the moment

billy has stopped his for the moment [although it'll resume shortly]

technically i only have one active RP, sanctuary

Users who are viewing this thread

Back