• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fandom Digimon RP?

KingsRock

Hey guys! So I had an individual RP search up in hopes of finding a 1x1 Digimon RP, but I'm thinking the plot would be better suited for a group. School is winding down for me, so I'll have all Summer to play in an RP and my hopes is that it trickles in to the Fall. However, that is contingent upon how well the RP goes. For this particular RP, I am looking for someone that can co-run the RP with me (maybe even more than one person) so that we can discuss plot details, character development, villains, etc. Carrying the burden of an RP is tough alone, so if you are interested in helping me run this RP, feel free to PM or comment here! Now, onto the actual plot that I had in mind. This comes from a previous RP that I had on a site about 4 years ago:

digimon_frontier_logo_vector_by_3prsta-d9a8kxs.png

HISTORY
Digimon: Digital Monsters... once created as simple digital creatures whose primary function was to entertain a group of computer engineers, eventually evolved into an entire world of monsters who gained knowledge comparable to their human creators and counterparts. As time elapsed and the humans forgot about them, Digimon continued to prosper and create their own world opposite to the "Real World" known as the Digital World. Hundreds of digital years later (which served a few decades in Earth years), the Digital World called for a group of children, known as the Digidestined, to help both worlds from the threat of the almighty Dark Masters and their leader, Apocalymon. Though the forces of darkness were defeated, about two and a half years later, darkness rose again in the form of MaloMyotismon. With the help of the Digidestined across the entire world, the darkness of the Digital World and the Real World was purified, bringing peace and tranquility to both worlds.

That was decades ago in the Real World and centuries in the Digital World. During this time of evolution and transformation, several things changed. It was assumed that Digimon and humans were capable of coexisting with one another as many of the Digimon lived with their human partners in the Real World. This proved to be problematic as many Digimon began to abandon their home in the Digital World to live among the humans. As you could imagine, evil Digimon manifested which caused chaos between the two worlds, leading the gatekeeper of the Digital World, ClavisAngemon, to close and lock the Digital Portal with his Celestial Key and delete the humans' memories of Digimon as well as the Digimon memories of humans. He assumed that this loss of memory would be for the betterment of both worlds.

What ClavisAngemon did not expect was for rebellion to ensue in the Digital World. With the Digimon returning to the Digital World and no knowledge of their relationship with the humans, several Digimon began attacking one another for the sake of territory. When Digimon lost their territory, they went elsewhere to claim territory from other Digimon. This cycle continued repeatedly until constant war came about in the Digital World. ClavisAngemon, in over his head, decided that perhaps it probably would be best to open the Digital Port once more and expose Digimon to the humans yet again. Would this opening of the gate save the Digital World from implosion?

OUR STORY
Your public life may seem pretty normal, but your private life is anything but normal. For some strange reason, ever since you could remember, you've been followed around and partnered with a certain creature that talks to and understands you. For some, it's a furry ball of joy for others it's scaly but lovable creature. Nonetheless, this little guy or girl monster has been with you through thick and thin. As you grew older, you though you were crazy and now that you're of a mature age, you're all but sure that you are, indeed, crazy. You don't tell your friends about your little bundle fire, but sometimes you can't help but to wish that someone else understood what you were going through. Little do you know, that day would surely come: the day where you figure out that you're not the only crazy one in this world.

----------
If interested, post below! This would be a literate/detailed RP, FYI!

I, too, am a big ol' nerd and would shamelessly enjoy this digimon RP. Would it take place in the real world (with other digimon slipping through) or in the digital world (with the humans travelling there)? Or both.

I guess asking if it would be Tamersesque as in "people can see these monsters that are appearing" or if it's some kind of mental block caused by humanity having to forget about digimons' existence where they can't see the creatures that the RP characters can.

I, too, am a big ol' nerd and would shamelessly enjoy this digimon RP. Would it take place in the real world (with other digimon slipping through) or in the digital world (with the humans travelling there)? Or both.

I guess asking if it would be Tamersesque as in "people can see these monsters that are appearing" or if it's some kind of mental block caused by humanity having to forget about digimons' existence where they can't see the creatures that the RP characters can.

It'll be a combination of both the Real World and Digital World. The vibe of it will be Tamer-esque without the "desert" Digital World, if that makes sense?

It'll be a combination of both the Real World and Digital World. The vibe of it will be Tamer-esque without the "desert" Digital World, if that makes sense?
Nice and proffesional. Though what type of digievolution method are you planning?

Yep, I'm interested!

Ok, I hope I'm not sounding stupid, but they will have their partners from the start?

I think I have a lot of interest! :)

I'm working on the SU thread for right now, but I will @ you guys once it's posted. Thanks for the interest everyone!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back