Devourer What?

The Boss

Ok, so everyone already heard that old history about the bad guy who want to rule everything, get all the power into himself and bla bla bla.

So, i was thinkin to create a Martial Arts which could "devour" other's people power and things like that. But, well, i should need to take a really good care with it or i guess i can make some overpower style.

So if you guys could help me to make it powerful, but not SOO powerfull, and keeping the theme...

I was thinkin of Charms that could, for example, Drain Permanent Essence, and increase the own martial artist essence, for [Martial Arts] turns, things like "devour" another one charm and then can buy it with decreased cost, or even things like the Hungry Ghost (or devil?) from Abyssals, like "cancel" and drain temporary and peripheral Essence.

To give it a badass "air" i was thinkin of made it a style learned from demons, yozis or something really evil. Maybe some Sideral who see more that he should.

What do you guys think?

I think Charcoal March of the Spiders has some "devouring" style in it already, but that's a Sidereal Martial Art. It would be tricky to pull off, since weakening your enemy and making yourself more powerful at the same time is very powerful.

Hello,

For the re introduction (haven't been here for quite awhile): Cyl, french GM, 1st ed GM with 2 games going on, one solar, one abyssal (linked together by 2 solars who became abyssals).

I think that the Dark Paths of the Dragon Kings in Ruins of Rathess may be close to what you seek.

Han Tha, The Eater of the Dead, is the god of decay and cannibalism, so eating things and getting stronger by this is actually the spirit you're looking for... well he's not technically evil -though his goals are- but he's the one that is responsible -amongst other factors- for the fall of Rathess... so I'd say he's quite the ideal candidate.

The one path described there is one that allows three things:

- healing very fast by eating the flesh of an intelligent being: one health healed for one consumed (max essence)

- obtaining the memories and knowledge of an intelligent being (essence days)

- gaining the attributes of an intelligent being, usually one stronger than the cannibalist...

But many of the abyssal charms tend to divide dicepools or make the opponent weaker, be it over defense, or charm casting.

Hungry Ghost style is one very effective for that matter !

Users who are viewing this thread

Back