Other dementia and music recording

KAOS

Self pity is the worst enemy -Helen K
Roleplay Type(s)
Brain disease is brutal but one thing which brings people a sense of calm is music. I'm looking to record my mother in laws favorite songs and put them on a cd. Like, with my voice. Anyone know any affordable music aps, tech, mics? I certainly need a new mic. Right now, I'm very strapped for cash so affordable suggestions are great. Thank you so much to anyone who posts. I'm hoping this helps her feel special. :)

I don't remember the rules on the site for posting like, links to purchases, but I got a pretty decent mic for myself and even a friend for about $50 or under. It's not like, super amazing omg HD mic, but its not crackley or staticky, has a gain dial, and seems to not distort the sound/tone much. I can try to find it again and send you the link if you want!

As for recording JUST sound. Audacity might be the way to go. It let's you record and edit sounds from your mic and is completely free.

Earlier this year I lost my grandmother who was struggling with dementia, and she had had a music therapist come in a lot and even though she wasnt ever a music person, it really helped both her and us. I was a primary care giver for her in her last year and a half of life. I can safely say getting old is no joke. And will be the hardest thing anyone can or will ever do in life. Because of these experiences, I try to do whatever I can for those going through similar experiences. I hope you and your mother in law have many good years left together, and I hope that I have helped in some way. <3

I don't remember the rules on the site for posting like, links to purchases, but I got a pretty decent mic for myself and even a friend for about $50 or under. It's not like, super amazing omg HD mic, but its not crackley or staticky, has a gain dial, and seems to not distort the sound/tone much. I can try to find it again and send you the link if you want!

As for recording JUST sound. Audacity might be the way to go. It let's you record and edit sounds from your mic and is completely free.

Earlier this year I lost my grandmother who was struggling with dementia, and she had had a music therapist come in a lot and even though she wasnt ever a music person, it really helped both her and us. I was a primary care giver for her in her last year and a half of life. I can safely say getting old is no joke. And will be the hardest thing anyone can or will ever do in life. Because of these experiences, I try to do whatever I can for those going through similar experiences. I hope you and your mother in law have many good years left together, and I hope that I have helped in some way. <3
Thank you so much for this post. Death is complex and I'm really happy you could be there for your grandmother during her struggle at the end of life.
I truly appreciate the suggestions :) I'll have to look into them. Things are looking pretty good as of late. She had some heart issues which have cleared up and her heart doctor said that her heart was beating stronger than ever. Odd enough this makes her much more aware of what's going on around her and a lot less agitated.

The last time she greeted me singing " Oh hello I love youuuu." She's got a really great support system of doctors now and is on a much calmer floor than before. HUGE activity room. I'm a little jealous of that. I'm going to have to go and do some puzzles and paintings with her too some time :P

Again, thank you so much for the post. I truly appreciate it.
I hope you have a really great day :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back